How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2007
windowshopping

What can I do with this degree?
Hello,

I'm currently working on my BS in International Business and Commerce. I have always loved fashion and would like to work in some part of the industry. I am very artistic and business-minded at the same time. I have studied art for many years and studied fashion design for one year at Mod'Art International in Paris. I currently work in a high end designer boutique as a SA. What career might suit my qualifications?

Thanks very much in advance.

Marla

04-02-2007
scenester

I think you have a lot of options with your educational background. Merchandising, Product Manager, Planning and Allocation, Design, Production, would be viable options at apparel companies. Something off the beaten track that you might consider would be working for a color forecasting service (i.e. Pantone or Color Box, et. al) or a print studio (i.e. Tom Cody et. al) as many of them are international. hth

05-02-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaBNYC
I think you have a lot of options with your educational background. Merchandising, Product Manager, Planning and Allocation, Design, Production, would be viable options at apparel companies. Something off the beaten track that you might consider would be working for a color forecasting service (i.e. Pantone or Color Box, et. al) or a print studio (i.e. Tom Cody et. al) as many of them are international. hth
Thanks, you've given me a lot to think about!

05-02-2007
V.I.P.

Marla i'm going to do a similar course to you i'll be doing fashion and business (particularly international business)
i'm hoping this will lead to a job in the fashion industry as well
business is a handy degree to have..

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by city girl
Marla i'm going to do a similar course to you i'll be doing fashion and business (particularly international business)
i'm hoping this will lead to a job in the fashion industry as well
business is a handy degree to have..
Yes...People are always surprised to hear that I have studied fashion design and business and enjoy both . I do think business knowledge is useful in any aspect of the fashion industry...and the reason I chose international business is because I am obsessed with foreign travel, culture, languages, etc. I like the idea of working for a fashion company overseas or dealing with international fashion companies.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
degree