How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySuprStr
I've wanted to know the same thing for a while. Is it better to send pictures in or to just walk into an agency without anything? I'm going to NYC this summer and i was wondering what would be a better idea. Will I need to go through the process and make a book before or after I see them? Can anyone recommend a good/ncie agency for guys, I would greatly appreciate it!
Have fun on the going to NYC thing. I sooooooo LOVED the city when I visited.
*One agency that in my opinion is really good for guys is Wilhelmina. Theres not a lot of people in a good mood there (plus they share the floor with the Marilyn agency) so its mostly hectic.......but if you catch them on a good day its great.
*You should also look into visiting IMG. They are (most of the time) very particular about the look they want, but if you get sign there you will have so much made for you. They will develop an assement plan for you, and figure out what they best way to give you exposure.
* Also a boys agency which i just ADORE is Re;Quest. The owners name is Noel and she is SUCH a kick-***, wonderful, and sweet woman (and all the bookers actually pay attention to you when you talk).
*Also Ford mught be one that you could visit, but I think more-or-less go for the commerical types.
From my knowledge I would recommend the listed agencies.......I wish you good luck, and I cannot wait myself until I return to NYC :p

Last edited by Bellissima; 19-01-2005 at 10:41 PM.

19-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrima183
When I got called back, I got to meet a few bookers and models and look at the whole ageny book. Not too many people came to stare which was nice. (I always feel awkward) They took polaroids and sent me out the next morning.
Women/Supreme is so kick-***.
I love the whole mood of the space(espcially the red).
The receptionist is nice, the peoples are sweet and the dogs are to die for .......I think I'm getting an attachment to them

19-01-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by evexa
I'd say just walk in, and bring good polaroids.
How tall are you? If you tell me that, your age and your weight I can advise you as to a good agency to visit.

I'm 17, 6`2", 160lbs. I've been to NYC before but they were very brief visits. I love it so much. I'ts a completely different world than down here in GA. Thanks for ya'lls help evexa and bellissima

19-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreySuprStr
I'm 17, 6`2", 160lbs. I've been to NYC before but they were very brief visits. I love it so much. I'ts a completely different world than down here in GA. Thanks for ya'lls help evexa and bellissima
Ahhh you are male! DUH me!!
Try Boss models as well as those mentioned by bellissima.
And good luck!

19-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellissima
The receptionist is nice, the peoples are sweet and the dogs are to die for .......I think I'm getting an attachment to them
Do you have pics? I want to see

20-01-2005
front row

Don't try Boss

20-01-2005
front row

I've heard some yucky things about Boss models in the past, but one of my friends who is also a model, is with them now and is very happy. I believe they've gotten rid of a booker who did some sheitzy stuff.

20-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan
I've heard some yucky things about Boss models in the past, but one of my friends who is also a model, is with them now and is very happy. I believe they've gotten rid of a booker who did some sheitzy stuff.
I should have mentioned.......I also had heard some not pleasing comments about the agency, and thats why I didn't mention them. I hope their worked out now!!!!!

20-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by evexa
Do you have pics? I want to see
Sorry no pics right now....my camera was broke.
But the floor in the agency are fire-enginee red, with white glass doors....I have to say its a very interesting look. I'll try to get some pictures next time

20-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Sorry no pics right now....my camera was broke.
But the floor in the agency are fire-enginee red, with white glass doors....I have to say its a very interesting look. I'll try to get some pictures next time
Haha, I meant pictures of YOU! I have seen the floor myself

20-01-2005
front row

Quote:
Yeah. The peope there are lovely and the dogs made me feel less nervous. It was funny. I think they only came to me because I had a snickers in my bag! haha

21-01-2005
backstage pass

hehe I know what you mean.
The black dog spotted me right when I came in......I'm not sure if it was the smell of chocolate on me (milka) from before :p

12-04-2005
scenester

i sent in some pictures to a few places 2 days ago (dna, pulse mgmt, id & nymodels) ... should i be worried that they haven't replied yet? or does it take a while to go over their submissions? i hope it's because of the number of submissions, but im afraid they aren't replying because they arent interested. any insight?

thanks
LANE

12-04-2005
scenester

Hi everyone

I've met with agencies before, and it varies from agency to agency.

Q Models was very cut and dry. I handed my picture to the person in charge, and in about 5 minutes had it handed back to me with a firm but polite "thanks but no thanks."

At New York Models they were the most interested in talking to the models themselves,asking them questions, giving advice, etc. I'd recommend visiting them.

At Major Models, upon walking in I quickly realized that I was in the wrong kind of agency... they specialize in muscular models and I weigh about 155 lbs, hehe.

If you send photos in, wait about 2 weeks. If they are interested they will notify you. If not, don't expect to hear anything.

Ciao
Jason

Last edited by Acid; 12-04-2005 at 07:28 PM. Reason: please only post photos of yourself in 'pictures of us'
12-04-2005
front row

IS there any Agency here in Montreal, especially for men? Not that I want to try myself cuz my skin is quite bad right now and i'm getting old (19 ) but I was just wondering and never heard of any...
Thanx!:p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agencies, expect, meeting, modeling