How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-11-2009
windowshopping

A model agency owner's view.
2 ways to be a scout. 1) call agencies & email resume' about your interest as a scout. Perhaps they need one.

2) get post cards printed up for your own model scout company. Go up to potential models & give them your info/post card. If they call you back. Take a few pics & have them sign an agent agreement. Have a portfolio of potential models to present to agencies & see if they are interested in any, .... & what % aggreement you can get for the work the models do.

Last edited by Styles2009; 25-11-2009 at 05:32 AM.

28-11-2009
windowshopping

Model Booker Manager- Job Interview!
Hey Everybody!

I'm going for a job interview for a position of Model Agent on Monday... I have no experience working as a booker, but I've been working as a stylist and been in the photography industry for about four years (so think I have a pretty good eye!) I was wondering if any of the bookers/managers out there have any tips on what makes a good agent, what the company would be looking for from me, or what questions they may ask me in my interview?

Thank you! Look forward to hearing your responses xx

28-11-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspepe View Post
Hey Everybody!

I'm going for a job interview for a position of Model Agent on Monday... I have no experience working as a booker, but I've been working as a stylist and been in the photography industry for about four years (so think I have a pretty good eye!) I was wondering if any of the bookers/managers out there have any tips on what makes a good agent, what the company would be looking for from me, or what questions they may ask me in my interview?

Thank you! Look forward to hearing your responses xx
Probably going to ask what you know about fashion, why are you interested into become an Agent, I don't really know.

Something I'd like to ask you: How did you get the job interview ? You sent an email ? You went directly to the agency and talked to them ? How was it ?

28-11-2009
trendsetter

i know some agencies are looking for interns right now,shame,i am not living in the us or eu and i still keep holding a crap passport and need visa any country i wanna go for...good luck guys,hope your dream will come true...

29-11-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmain1914 View Post
i know some agencies are looking for interns right now,shame,i am not living in the us or eu and i still keep holding a crap passport and need visa any country i wanna go for...good luck guys,hope your dream will come true...
Really??? Which ones?
I called an agency and they told me I would get an answer the week after and 2 weeks later still no response so I sent an e-mail, they didn't even answer. On monday I'll call them hoping they'll give me an answer.

I'm just tired of employers not answering people, like we, job seekers, have to show an interest for business but employers do not give a crap about us. What a good image you give of your business.

V.I.P.

Marilyn, Women, DNA & Ford..... nearly all agencies need fashion week interns.

29-11-2009
trendsetter

^ It's a pity that I don't live in Paris!
Thanks for telling me!

trendsetter

if someone works in women or supreme,please tell me something about it like how's feeling under while working under paul,is he nice?stander for picking models for supreme?

29-11-2009
V.I.P.

Do smaller agencies ever need interns or do they not really need the extra help?

29-11-2009
V.I.P.

You mean boutique agencies "out-of-New York-Paris-London-Milan"? Yes, definitely. I interned once for a Hamburg-based agency. A friend is currently interning for SeeDS in Berlin (motheragency of Katrin Thormann), which does also belong to the smaller ones.

05-12-2009
V.I.P.

Just came across this with Supreme if anyone is interested

http://freefashioninternships.com/?p...internship=450

05-12-2009
tfs star

As with most jobs in fashion, you need to be prepared to work really hard for pretty low wages... and it is very unglamorous, like being a pattern cutter equivalent for a designer!

Just watch the devil wears Prada, for examples of ways to bow and scrape to Narcissistic industry power players.. haha

front row

Model Scouting Hobby
I'm interested in scouting and putting together a portfolio to present to agencies in large markets. I would not charge agencies if talent is signed. Models would also incur no fee. This would be strictly a creative pursuit while I'm in school.

Are there any potential legal issues with this idea, whether it potentially becomes a competition issue with small local agenices, or the BBB, or something my naivete doesn't see, etc., etc.?

Thank you for your time!

10-02-2010
Blood On The Leaves

What would you put in your portfolio?

04-03-2010
Amour Comme Hiver

I was reading an old Marilyn Internship posting and noticed that they said that speaking a second language would be a huge plus. I'm considering taking a foreign language course over the summer to make myself more competitive for an internship- which language would be more useful, Russian or French? I've taken French before, so it'd probably be a bit easier for me, but I feel like Russian is less common and could really come in handy when working with those Slavic preteen models.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
agencies, agent, book, booker, manager, modeling, scout, working