How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Careers, Education & the Business of Fashion
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-03-2007
windowshopping

thanks guys!

21-08-2008
backstage pass

Can someone explain totally his volounteering experience ?

22-08-2008
backstage pass

does anyone about volunteering for London fashion week? i know itll be too late to apply now but id love to know just for next season. thankyou in advance

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by James1057 View Post
does anyone about volunteering for London fashion week? i know itll be too late to apply now but id love to know just for next season. thankyou in advance
Maybe not ! You can try some "indie" designers such as Marios Schwab, his mail contact at studio is :
sophie@mariosschwab.com

Good luck !

23-08-2008
boo

I already tried that...no luck

23-08-2008
backstage pass

Maybe the British Fashion Council has got a website with offers for people who want to volunteer

04-01-2009
windowshopping

Helping at Fashion Week?
I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find the threads. Anyways, I've had two internship at fashion magazines and thinking about what else I could do? How do people end up volunteering at fashion week? I know you can e-mail MBFW_Volunteers@imgworld.com for NY Fashion week. But I didn't have much success with that this past September when I just sent them my resume.

Or even better how do you go about helping out back stage with PR firms? Dressing models, lining them up, etc. Small tasks.

Do you guys know any PR companies that do fashion week production back stage and stuff? If you could provide me names/companies/contacts, I'd really appreciate it.

I already know of The People's Revolution.

Thanks!!

Last edited by jadorexox; 04-01-2009 at 07:14 PM.
04-01-2009
rising star

Ask the people you worked with at fashion magazines. Referrals are always best.

V.I.P.

I just merged this with the existing thread ... and there are also other good threads about Fashion Week that might be of interest in this forum that might be of interest.

Before starting any thread and to find what you need, do an advanced search (with the keywords "week" and "weeks", in this case). To learn how to do this, check out the thread pinned near the top of the Member Support forum ... a regular search brings up too many results.

08-01-2009
tailored

wwd is looking for interns to distribute copies of wwd on the steps outside bryant park during fashion week:

Quote:
Here’s your chance to participate in one of the fashion industry’s most coveted events. New York Fashion Week is upon us and as we gear up for the Fall 2009 season in February — we are seeking your help in distributing issues of Women’s Wear Daily directly on the steps of the Bryant Park tents.

Your help is vital to WWD’s role during fashion week, from February 13th to the 20th, each intern will be assigned 4 hour paid shifts based upon their availability.

If you would like to participate in NY Fashion Week with WWD, please email your resume to: Julie Gu at julie_gu@condenast.com by January 14th, 2008.

trendsetter

just emailed them! ohh that would be fun! but probably wont get it..

trendsetter

i was just wondering if anyone else emailed Julie Gu about the WWD thing, and how long you think it will take for them to email you back, because I have my school break during Fashion Week and it is seriously the perfect oppurtunity

scenester

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/crg/993050140.html

I will be away at school...so someone please email them and get it and tell me about it!!

15-01-2009
scenester

Fun at first...
Just a little info for you guys who want to volunteer backstage:

A couple of years ago I started volunteering for fashion week shows (a dresser backstage). I got these opportunities through FIT. Anyway, it started off as a lot of fun; I was like OMG I'm back here with all these wonderful clothes, models, and I get to see the designers up close! My first show was Ports 1961 btw, where I fell in love with their line... However after a couple of seasons of doing it for free, it began to lose its luster, specifically the fall 07 season. It bothered me that the "organizer" of the dressers was getting paid big money while she at one point denied she was getting paid. There were times I didn't like how I being spoken to by her. I didn't like how AFTER the shows she acted like we (the dressers) had to stay backstage and out of sight, like we were a bunch of lowly peons. I also didn't like dealing with dressers who were wannabe diva stylists :p

So basically I stopped doing it after a while. As a freelance stylist I now get invited to some of the same shows I used to dress, so it's all good now!

29-01-2009
front row

That's really interesting the you mention that.

It's basically free work.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, shows, volunteering, week, working