How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
22-02-2004
  31
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
I completely agree...

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
 
 
22-02-2004
  32
front row
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 484
I think it's really a shame. Those women are more beautiful than anyone I've ever seen. And Audrey Hepburn? She's set standards to a very high, impossible level!

 
22-02-2004
  33
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
Quote:
Originally posted by MurakamiPrincess@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 1:25 am
I think it's really a shame. Those women are more beautiful than anyone I've ever seen. And Audrey Hepburn? She's set standards to a very high, impossible level!
I think I love you!

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
 
22-02-2004
  34
rising star
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
it's so strange just seeing how the idea of beauty has changed..i mean these women are all beautiful, but people now always have their pouty lips, when back in the 20s they always had small red lips painted on. they also seemed to have fuller cheeks and droopier eyes.

anyway, here is gloria swanson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gloria_20swanson_20bob_2019.jpg (47.8 KB, 68 views)

 
22-02-2004
  35
rising star
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 141
mary pickford...




 
22-02-2004
  36
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
Quote:
Originally posted by ItsTheKids@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 2:46 am
it's so strange just seeing how the idea of beauty has changed..i mean these women are all beautiful, but people now always have their pouty lips, when back in the 20s they always had small red lips painted on. they also seemed to have fuller cheeks and droopier eyes.
Really beautiful, thanks. Maybe it's just that I prefer the 1920's ideal.

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
 
22-02-2004
  37
fashion elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Marbella, Spain
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,513
So PurpleLucrezia, what do you think of Neve Campbell's project to play Louise Brooks in a biopic?? She bought the script and is now looking for a financing.

 
22-02-2004
  38
V.I.P.
 
tiffany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 14,446
thankyou so much for the lovely pictures PurpleLucrezia! lol this sort of reminds me of when I used to draw portraits of 1920s photographs in artclass - everyone of the women looked similar to these actresses, interesting, haunting & lovely

__________________
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
 
22-02-2004
  39
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
Quote:
Originally posted by mrrene@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 2:40 pm
So PurpleLucrezia, what do you think of Neve Campbell's project to play Louise Brooks in a biopic?? She bought the script and is now looking for a financing.
I'm not sure, I mean she does look a bit like her and she has made that movie, the Company. Also, Louise Brooks also began her career as a dancer. On the other hand, I don't know whether I'm really too keen on contemporary actresses trying to play the greats. I mean, just look at what happened to poor Audrey Hepburn.

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
 
22-02-2004
  40
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
Quote:
Originally posted by tiffany@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 3:41 pm
thankyou so much for the lovely pictures PurpleLucrezia! lol this sort of reminds me of when I used to draw portraits of 1920s photographs in artclass - everyone of the women looked similar to these actresses, interesting, haunting & lovely
I glad you liked the pictures, I really find them inspirational as well. Funnily enough, my pieces also tend to resemble the models or actresses I like.

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
 
22-02-2004
  41
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
I wish I could post some of my artwork online...

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
 
22-02-2004
  42
seagreen serenades
 
strawberry daiquiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal/Dublin
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,712
Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 9:24 pm
I'm really too keen on contemporary actresses trying to play the greats. I mean, just look at what happened to poor Audrey Hepburn.
Remembering Jennifer Love Hewitt?

 
23-02-2004
  43
front row
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 484
Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri+Feb 22nd, 2004 - 4:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strawberry daiquiri @ Feb 22nd, 2004 - 4:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 9:24 pm
I'm really too keen on contemporary actresses trying to play the greats. I mean, just look at what happened to poor Audrey Hepburn.
Remembering Jennifer Love Hewitt? [/b][/quote]
Yeck I'm sorry, but I have never heard anyone compare her to Audrey Hepburn except for her own self righteous ***. She is in NO WAY as great of an actress, or nearly as beautiful as Audrey Hepburn!


Quote:
I think I love you!

And I love you too!

 
23-02-2004
  44
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
Quote:
Originally posted by MurakamiPrincess+Feb 23rd, 2004 - 4:48 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MurakamiPrincess @ Feb 23rd, 2004 - 4:48 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 4:43 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia
Quote:
@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 9:24 pm
I'm really too keen on contemporary actresses trying to play the greats. I mean, just look at what happened to poor Audrey Hepburn.*

Remembering Jennifer Love Hewitt?
Yeck I'm sorry, but I have never heard anyone compare her to Audrey Hepburn except for her own self righteous ***. She is in NO WAY as great of an actress, or nearly as beautiful as Audrey Hepburn!


Quote:
I think I love you!* *

And I love you too! [/b][/quote]
I must say that you are one of the most intelligent people I know! Maybe because you think the way I do?

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
 
23-02-2004
  45
V.I.P.
 
purplelucrezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,790
Quote:
Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri+Feb 22nd, 2004 - 4:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(strawberry daiquiri @ Feb 22nd, 2004 - 4:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-purplelucrezia@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 9:24 pm
I'm really too keen on contemporary actresses trying to play the greats. I mean, just look at what happened to poor Audrey Hepburn.
Remembering Jennifer Love Hewitt? [/b][/quote]
Abomination!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audimi.jpg (25.5 KB, 105 views)

__________________
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1920s, 2004, 2010, actresses, february, november
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. 2014 All rights reserved.