How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-09-2006
windowshopping

You're welcome !

That was one of the first things that struck me about the interview, how candid and open she is. People often percieve her as quite cold but i think she just puts up a front to protect herself, i cant say i blame her after what some people have done to her in her life.

But on a happier note, i was browsing a Rolling Stones Message Board, where someone mentioned they saw Anita backstage at the Stones' Twickenham concert with her new toy boy !

07-09-2006
front row

photos and info courtesy of Mini Mad Mod 60's
some are not the best quality, sorry

w/ Keith at the premiere of 'Yellow Submarine' - 1968

Anita was the most formidable 'rock chick' ever, with a swagger and presence that all the Stones found hard to handle. 'They looked at me like I was some kind of threat,' she recalled. 'Jagger really tried to put me down, but there was no way some crude, lippy guy was going to do a number on me. 'I was always able to squelch him. I found out that, if you stand up to Mick, he crumbles.' Richards has always been rather more combative, and although famously sweetnatured towards women, he sometimes reacted fiercely to Pallenberg's provocations. Stones pianist and roadie Ian Stewart had to keep a list of airlines unwilling to let the guitarist aboard, and he later revealed that Richards was banned by Alitalia 'for staying in the restroom from Rome to London, punching that crazy Anita'. Similar outbursts would recur throughout the couple's 12-year relationship.

Cannes - 1967 March

Mick Jagger, Anita & Keith Richards, 1968

Before they cruised off to South America, Keith lied to a jounalist from English 'Sunday Express': "We've become very interested in magic,and we're very serious about this trip. We're hoping to see this magician who practices both white and black magic. He has a very long and difficult name which we can't pronouce. We call him Banana for short." Anita scowled when she read the story and told him he was a fool to mock powers he was unable to comprehend. She was obsessed with black magic and began to carry a string of garlic with her everywhere - even to bed - to ward off vampires. She also had a strange, mysterious old shaker or holy water which she used for some of her rituals. Her ceremonies became increasingly secret, and she would warn me never to interrupt her when she was working on a spell.

Anita in 'Dillinger is Dead' - 1968

Anita & Keith lounging / Nellcote

Anita: "When we split we had to leave the dog. Keith paid the rent for another six months, just to keep the dog there. By that time I was pregnant and I didn't really go to the studio in LA. I remember spending about six months in LA, living opposite Mick Taylor in a canyon. I gave birth not long afterwards." - Photo courtesy of Dominique Tarle

Keith Richards and Anita Pallenberg

07-09-2006
front row

Anita in wig

Anita 1967

Anita & Brian Jones in Cannes - 1967

Anita Pallenberg and Brian Jones attend a party in Cannes during the film festival. Anita and Brian seemed to bring out the worst in each other. In Philip Norman’s book ‘The Stones’, Christopher Gibbs recalled a trip to Morocco in the summer of 1966, dominated by strife and argument. “They fought about everything - cars, prices, restaurant menus. Brian could never win an argument with Anita although he always made the mistake of trying. There would be terrible scenes with both of them screaming at each other. The difference was that Brian didn’t know what he was doing. Anita did know what she was doing. I think in a more gracious age, Anita would have been called a witch.”

Anita Pallenberg & Keith Richards - 1967

On their way to the U.S., Brian & Anita - 1965

Backstage at a gig in Munich, Brian was introduced to a young German/Italian model called Anita Pallenberg, a stunningly beautiful cat-like creature of 19. Brian fell for her instantly. Anita: "I decided to kidnap Brian. It sounds ridiculous but they even made a film about it, about kidnapping a popstar ['Privilege'] starring Paul Jones. This was the original story, Brian seemed to be the most sexually flexible. I knew I could talk to him. As a matter of fact when I met him I was his groupie really. I got backstage with a photographer, I told him I just wanted to meet him. I had some Amyl Nitrate and a piece of hash. I asked Brian if he wanted a joint and he said yes, so he asked me back to his hotel and he cried all night. He was so upset about Mick and Keith still, saying they had teamed up on him. I felt so sorry for him. Brian was fantastic, he had everything going for him, but he was just too complicated."

Anita & Keith Richards, Venice, 1967 August

Anita, Mick, Keith & Marlon, Heathrow Airport - 28 Aug '70

Anita Pallenberg, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards (with son Marlon), probably the most powerful figures in the Rolling Stones camp during the seventies. Mick seemed to delight in Anita's sharp mind, her vicious streak that made her somehow very different from Marianne. For a while she seemed to dominate him with the same, almost supernatural hold she had over Brain & Keith. Once I heard Anita listen to a tape of 'Stray Cat Blues' as Jagger proudly waited her tell him (as all the other lackeys had done) how brilliant it was. "Crap," she said when it had finished. "The vocals are mixed up to high, and the bass isn't loud enough." Mick, with the basic insecurity of every creative artist, was so unused to hearing someone dare criticize his work that he at once went back to the studio and had the number remixed. - Excerpt from Tony Sanchez's book 'Up & Down with the Rolling Stones'

Anita plays a nurse in the film 'Candy' - 1969

07-09-2006
front row

Cecil Beaton photographs Anita Pallenberg

The celebrated fashion and social photographer and diarist Cecil Beaton made several appearances on the set of 'Performance' in Lowndes Square to take photographs. Beaton was commissioned by Sandy Lieberson, whose then wife, Marit Allen, worked for Vogue magazine and was a friend of the photographer. Warner refused to pay for Beaton's services, so Lieberson paid the fee out of pocket. Beaton was sixty-three when he became enamoured with the Stones. - Photo courtesy of Dick Polak

Anita for Calvin Klein Jeans - 1995 December

Photo from The Rolling Stone Magazine, Issue 723, December 14, 1995

Anita & Keith Richards, Stonehenge

Anita: "Yeah. we just decided to go [Stonehenge] - we'd been at a club where Gram was playing; he was with the Byrds then - and we kind of just took him away and went down there. But these clothes... I mean, that was our normal getup, to go out in London." - Photo courtesy of Michael Cooper

The Beautiful Couple of Europe, Anita and Brian Jones

As a couple Brian and Anita exuded an almost surrealistic aura: they began to look, dress and think so much alike that they became one - a single presence in silk and satin. They were, at that moment, the reigning Beautiful Couple of Europe and they took full advantage of the power they possessed over the young dukes, lords and other high-born friends and admirers who flocked to pay homage.

Anita Pallenberg - 1968

Her name was Anita Pallenberg, and no one ever seemed to know quite where she came from or who she was. When pressed, she would reveal that she was half Italian and half German and that she had worked as an actress with the Living Theater. She had only to walk along the street to cause a string of traffic accidents. She had tumbling, shining blond hair, a long lithe body and wickedly beautiful cat's eyes. She was no dumb blonde, either, and the combination of witty conversations and devastating looks rapidly turned her into the darling of aristocratic London. Before long she was being invited to society events by people like Lord Harlech and guinness heir Tara Browne. - Commentary and photo courtesy of Tony Sanchez

Anita meets Brian at the airport - 1965

Keith Richards: "At first I'm sure Anita wanted to protect Brian from what she thought was our cruelty and callousness. Coming in like that she couldn't realize how the scene developed. Or how impossible it was to deal with a dead weight like Brian. They had incredible fights. And she used to beat the **** out of him every time. He would start a fight. Obviously she was tougher than him. He always was walking around with his ribs bandaged or his eyed blackened. Anita felt Brian was somebody who could be sensitive and obviously she felt he needed support. When he started paying her back by trying to beat her up, she began to realize."

08-09-2006
backstage pass

thank you IcePrincess, I haven't seen some of these before esp the big one by tony sanchez looks fantastic....oh, I'd have loved to attend the mentioned "society events"! I really wonder how anita got to meet,well,lords...

backstage pass

Courtesy of http://groups.msn.com/AbsolutelyAnitaPallenberg :

Last edited by EvaLaDiva; 18-09-2006 at 04:02 PM.
19-09-2006
backstage pass

I absolutely love the second pic...

backstage pass

[source:alamy.com]

Last edited by danabnormal; 03-10-2006 at 02:01 AM.
04-10-2006
front row

04-10-2006
front row

^ ^ ^ Those are stills of Anita in Madonna's video "Substitute for Love", if you were not looking for her in the video you probably wouldn't notice she was in it.

05-10-2006
backstage pass

^ :p I was just about to write that the woman in the first still heavily resembles sb we all know...
do you know why anita starred in the video, IcePrincess? is she friends with madonna? (now that would be beyond weird)

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by danabnormal
^ :p I was just about to write that the woman in the first still heavily resembles sb we all know...
do you know why anita starred in the video, IcePrincess? is she friends with madonna? (now that would be beyond weird)
I'm not sure. I assume they must be friends.

05-10-2006
front row

Does anyone know if this is the real Anita?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=56948013

05-10-2006
backstage pass

I doubt it's her.
first, she's got another 64 years old "anita pallenberg" in her friendslist (I mean,C'MON...f*ckin pretenders! ).
then,looking through her friendslist again,I don't think that keith richards,ron wood or marianne faithfull are on myspace just to put dozens of old pics of themselves up there;they certainly have better things to do (and haven't got lost in memories of their past)...
I really wonder what makes people do stupid things like that,it's just so pathetic.

Last edited by danabnormal; 05-10-2006 at 11:20 AM.
12-10-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by danabnormal
I doubt it's her.
first, she's got another 64 years old "anita pallenberg" in her friendslist (I mean,C'MON...f*ckin pretenders! ).
then,looking through her friendslist again,I don't think that keith richards,ron wood or marianne faithfull are on myspace just to put dozens of old pics of themselves up there;they certainly have better things to do (and haven't got lost in memories of their past)...
I really wonder what makes people do stupid things like that,it's just so pathetic.
I think that one is a just a fan page. I think it's ok when people do that. There is another one that "claims" to be Anita, but I doubt it. I guess that is an issue for Anita herself to deal with if it bothers her. They are probably just a crazed fan, they probaly are not being malicious. Perhaps they are oblivious to reality, but are usually harmless once they have taken their meds

I'm an advocate for a group that helps people that get harassed or stalked online. I have been there a few months, but have already seen a lot of insanity it's incredible.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anita, pallenberg