How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-11-2006
front row

curious
Some things I have wondered about

Is Anita Pallenberg really the God Mother of Kate Moss? Does anyone know the story behind that?

Does Anita have any sibilings or is she an only child?

Last edited by IcePrincess; 30-11-2006 at 10:54 PM.

01-12-2006
backstage pass

^
these. pics. are. beyond. great.
I couldn't be more thankful.

@IcePrincess:
I'm afraid I can't give a definitely true answer to your questions,but I highly doubt that she a)is the god mother of k.moss (how could she?) and b) has any siblings.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePrincess
Some things I have wondered about

Is Anita Pallenberg really the God Mother of Kate Moss? Does anyone know the story behind that?

Does Anita have any sibilings or is she an only child?
Anita does have an older sister. I think she has a television series, but I'm not sure. She used to be quite cruel to Anita when they were growing up. Her family is a mystery.... are her parents still alive? etc

trendsetter

Scan from 365 Days by Simon Wells; Getty Images

windowshopping

how tall was anita? i think she's shorter than kate moss now.

we never get to see her shoes in photos! only rarely, like in that one where she's cross-legged on the steps. and boots in the ones with her and marianne

02-12-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by malna
how tall was anita? i think she's shorter than kate moss now.

we never get to see her shoes in photos! only rarely, like in that one where she's cross-legged on the steps. and boots in the ones with her and marianne
Height 5' 9" (1.75 m) according to IMDb, but I don't think that source is always accurate That's what I would have guessed though.
There are lots of photos showing her shoes. I have admired several pairs of them :p

03-12-2006
backstage pass

well,judging from that pic anita's a little smaller than kate.

(getty-images)

but then,people shrink a bit when they get older...:p

backstage pass

(groups.msn.com/MiniMadMod60s)

(home.comcast.net)

(evandando.co.uk)

backstage pass

http://pic7.piczo.com/world-of-keith...rds/?g=6439867

^this is a link to the anita pallenberg chapter of a keith richards fan-homepage containing a very interesting interview with her about filming "performance" plus a before unseen pic with her, marlon and keith in the 70s.

trendsetter

I love the photo of Anita and Keith.... handsome couple I've seen the above photos many times on my google searches but it never quite registered that the woman in the photo is Anita. Do you know the story behnd the photo? Thanks for the link. Very interesting. There is a correction that needs to be pointed out. Anita is not in Wonderwall. Her look-alike Suki Poitier plays the girl at the party:

Last edited by Curious; 07-12-2006 at 08:32 PM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines
03-12-2006
trendsetter

scans from Cultish Celebs & Icons

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60swildchild
I love the photo of Anita and Keith.... handsome couple I've seen the above photos many times on my google searches but it never quite registered that the woman in the photo is Anita. Do you know the story behnd the photo? Thanks for the link. Very interesting. There is a correction that needs to be pointed out. Anita is not in Wonderwall. Her look-alike Suki Poitier plays the girl at the party:
Suki's real name is actually Melanie Susan Potier.

Last edited by Curious; 07-12-2006 at 08:31 PM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines
03-12-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePrincess
Height 5' 9" (1.75 m) according to IMDb, but I don't think that source is always accurate That's what I would have guessed though.
There are lots of photos showing her shoes. I have admired several pairs of them :p
The IMDb is wrong. Anita was only 5'5". Brian Jones was only 5'8", and she was a few inches shorter than he. Keith is 5'9" and Mick is a half-inch or an inch taller than Keith.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaLaDiva
Suki's real name is actually Melanie Susan Potier.
Is that right? I wouldn't have known. You really are the expert it seems. Tell us more.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60swildchild
right,I actually didn't take a look at that filmography.

the pic w/ evan is from an article from mojo magazine in '03.
in the article it says,
"(...)Four days later, amid the glorious clutter of a Victorian hotel near Notting Hill, behind the door of a room called Wordsworth, Evan Dando is in better spirits, sharing his bed with Anita Pallenberg.
Evan, woolly hat pulled down to the eyebrows, cigarette on the go, plays with a can of alcohol-free lager while Anita, a friend since '96 when Dando became godfather to Marlon Richards' daughter, pores over a Puzzler word-search on the bed.(...)"

I can't help it,I think that's a quite weird situation...anita silently doing a word-search in the background while he's giving an interview.:p

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anita, pallenberg