How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

^^ Yup- equally fabolous, darling!! Boy, that Bentley of Keith's was a star, wasn't it? Seen everywhere! I wonder what ever happened to it? Didn't he wreck it once?

17-03-2009
backstage pass

Thanks for those 3 Evaladiva!! I have never seen the last one where they're posting with Zazou. It's great!

@Boomer: Hmm...hard to say as he wrecked a few cars, not only one. His Bentley was christened the "Blue Lena" (or was the "Blue Lena" the pink Jaguar? No, it must've been the Bentley). Don't think he wrecked the Blue Lena, though. I'm not sure.

fashion elite

great pics evaladiva keith looks so ......i'm melting thank you
but i found this pic and at first i thought it was anita of course because it's like i've seen this pic somewhere before but looking at it again it kinda looks like sienna miller trying to anita so here's the pic and hopefully it's not a repost

stormmodels

18-03-2009
backstage pass

that's sienna miller
i think anita is one of her icons, and she tries to mimic her style a lot. and kate moss's too.

fashion elite

i figured it was well sienna did a good job being anita lol

23-03-2009
fashion elite

saw these on flickr

24-03-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaLaDiva View Post
that's sienna miller
i think anita is one of her icons, and she tries to mimic her style a lot. and kate moss's too.
oh yeah, that's a chain reaction or how is it called?
Kate Moss copies Anita's and Marianne Faithfull's styles in the first place - espacially Marianne's - and Sienna mimics Anita's and Kate's style and therefore Marianne's, too.
Sheesh, Is there a competition going on as to who's best at copying 60s icons? Sienna is good at it, she doesn't do it all the time and this pic you could really think shows Anita herself, but Kate's copying, for example, is too obvious a lot of times, I think. Remember that Led Zeppelin reunion concert in London in 2007? Kate attended dressed exactly like Marianne Faithfull used to dress herself. The boots, the fur coat and all the other stuff.
Ladies, nothing is as good as the original.
I'm not saying you shouldn't be inspired by the gorgeous styles of these icons, I love it too and I my wardrobe is influenced by them for a large amount, but I don't think you should over-do it and copy anything and everything either, like Kate Moss does a lot. I don't think Kate has an individual style and I'm starting to not quite understand why she's called a fashion icon, anyway, when most of her style is copied from someone else.
Don't misunderstand, I like her as a model et al, but her style is a pure copy, quite honestly.

But then, this confirms once more that everything that's happening in the fashion scene is actually a revival of things that once were.

fashion elite

marianne faithfull called kate moss a styles stealing vampire lol off topic i'm sorry but yougotthesilver comment made me think that

27-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxie_dream View Post
saw these on flickr

thank you!

28-03-2009
trendsetter

http://www.rocksoff.org/messageboard/YaBB.pl

backstage pass

Oh I've never seen this one, 60swildchild! Thanks so much for posting! Isn't that at the Cannes filmfestival she attended with Brian in ....what was it? 65? 66? (not the one they were at for Degree Of Murder! they were there 1 or 2 years earlier, too. She wasn't together with brian anymore when they were both invited to Cannes for Degree of Murder, so this must be from their earlier visit.)
Me thinks they looked like that then.

backstage pass

I haven't seen this photo before either. I think yeah, that was the Cannes fest in 1967 for Degree of Murder. Brian had done the music for the movie. ... or was it? My memory plays tricks on me...

31-03-2009
backstage pass

she reminds me of a 60s sienna miller in some photos and in others she reminds me of alexa chung

01-04-2009
backstage pass

I stumbled upon a great shot yesterday, the very first I've ever seen of the entire Richards family together!
Someone posted it on iorr.org and there's no way I'll not share it with you, too. It's just too unique! The pic was taken at Anita and Keith's daughter Angela's wedding (somewhere in England, not sure where exactly they married) in 1998. The wedding couple also the only ones missing in the picture, btw.

Upper row left to right: Alex, Keith's mom Doris, Anita, Keith's stepfather, Patti, Theo.
Lower row left to right: Lucie de la Falaise (Keith and Anita's son Marlon's wife), their daughter Ella, Keith, Marlon.

Here's a crop, for those interested. (l-t: Keith's mom Doris, Anita, Keith's stepdad, Patti, Keith in the chair, of course, and his granddaughter Ella)

Very special thanks to IORR!

backstage pass

Anita looks really good on this photo. Like she had not aged a day from her time in the 60s.

Last edited by nicovelvet; 01-04-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: misspelled
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anita, pallenberg