How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-02-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by eastsidecouturechic@Feb 3rd, 2004 - 8:58 pm
i also love audrey hepburn. nothing beats her outfits in " Breakfest at Tiffanys" and " HOw to steal a Million"
How to Steal a Million is one of my favourites of hers, most likely because I dearly want to live the life she has in that movie...
Here is a sweet picture I found of her looking very young. She somehow makes me think of Anne Frank...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audreyyoung.jpg (42.5 KB, 379 views)

08-02-2004
V.I.P.

that is such an adorable picture! I think she had the cutest smile

16-02-2004
scenester

My mum (when she was younger 12year old) looked very similar to this picture...

16-02-2004
V.I.P.

Your mum was very lucky Mierr...
I think this picture is so cute!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audonkey.jpg (24.3 KB, 768 views)

17-02-2004
V.I.P.

that picture is adorable

17-02-2004
backstage pass

the pic is lovely

07-03-2004
V.I.P.

A more unusual picture of Ms. Hepburn...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audsail.jpg (33.4 KB, 286 views)

07-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by veranica@Jan 7th, 2004 - 1:28 am
I have the book, and it's quite a window into her world. She was truly amazing. I don't know if I'd say she was terribly insecure but yes she was a little. As her son describes it, towards the later part of her life, after she began work as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF, especially after her first visit to Somalia, he says she became very sad.

Here's a passage from the book about it:

My Mother had a secret.
I don't think she would mind my saying it. We see things much more clearly...after. So here it is, the great secret.
She was sad.
Not that life treated her badly, and therefore she was sad. Life was tough but good. My mother was sad because of what she saw happening to the children of this world. I think we all made her a little bit sad. Yes, you did as well as I. Not because we were bad, but because we couldn't help. If she hadn't done her work for UNICEF at the end of her life, I wouldn't be so sure. I've done some work for the children, and I'm sad too. So this book will have to be about this as well: sadness and children. Not a great combination, but there you have it. I think if you got the whole picture, you would be sad too. So I'm not going to do that, I'll spare you the whole picture about the sadness and the children. But I'll give you a little bit of it, just enough.
Don't worry you'll smile as well. A smile is the perfection of laughter. And you may cry a little too. But crying is good for you eyes and for your soul. It beautifies.
I just saw the book yesterday, and I must say it's beautiful - although I admit I cried more than I smiled when I saw it

07-03-2004
V.I.P.

Thought this might be appreciated. Audrey Hepburn with Louis Vuitton before it became so overdone.
http://www.audrey1.com/audreyimages4/ah2622.jpg

I haven't actually bought the book yet, although I saw it in Indigo. It looked really wonderful, but I think I'm going to wait until it comes down in price a bit.

07-03-2004
Adorable illusion

your link dont work haha

07-03-2004
V.I.P.

Darn! Thanks...Maybe I can find it again...
To make up- a Roman Holiday shot in colour!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audcolour.jpg (82.7 KB, 320 views)

08-03-2004
V.I.P.

that's a lovely show it looks great in colour

08-03-2004
front row

Thank you so much for posting these wonderful Audrey pictures Purplelucrezia. They are so beautiful. Audrey was amazing. I am completely in love with some of those dresses that she had on. She was definetly an icon to be remembered, i didn't even know about her extensive unicef work, all the more reason to admire her.

08-03-2004
front row

I love love love LOVE Audrey Hepburn. Sabrina is one of my favorite movies. Purple, do you have any pics from that movie? I would love to see them! As I've said a million times before, Ms. Hepburn has set an impossible beauty standard for young women today. Oh how I admire her so

08-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by luckystar413@Mar 8th, 2004 - 12:58 am
Thank you so much for posting these wonderful Audrey pictures Purplelucrezia. They are so beautiful. Audrey was amazing. I am completely in love with some of those dresses that she had on. She was definetly an icon to be remembered, i didn't even know about her extensive unicef work, all the more reason to admire her.
I agree completely! She was just so amazing, a really beautiful person in every way.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, audrey, hepburn