How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-05-2011
front row

Wow beautiful picture. Her eyes are so lovely. I can never get enough of Audrey!

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

Audrey Hepburn - You Magazine UK

tlfan

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

tlfan

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

tlfan

Last edited by Dora; 20-05-2011 at 04:17 AM.
20-05-2011
V.I.P.

tlfan

Last edited by Dora; 20-05-2011 at 04:21 AM.
20-05-2011
V.I.P.

tlfan

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

tlfan

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

tlfan

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

tlfan

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

tlfan

20-05-2011
backstage pass

WOW! Look at all those great shots of Audrey! I have seem some before, and some I haven't. I especially like the ones proving she stayed beautiful as she got older--something women in Hollywood today need to remember!

21-05-2011
front row

OMG!Dora,thanks a million!

25-05-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
^ Audrey had the same thing Marilyn Monroe had- a face that expressed so much of the woman inside- endlessly interesting!
Oh.My.Dior! You are so right! That would explain so much... It's like looking at her you see her essence, what it's eternal. So beautiful Audrey "is". (I like MM as well, but Audrey is the apple of my eye )
For you , for being so eloquent with so few words.

trendsetter

So, was anyone lucky enough to go to the 1999 Museo Salvatore Ferragamo Audrey exhibit? I didn't find out about it until earlier this year. I'm kicking myself that I didn't know anything about it (not that I could have travelled to Italy anyway).

A catalogue accompanied the exhibit and it is well worth getting. It's called Audrey Hepburn: a Woman, the Style edited by Stephania Ricci. Unlike that atrocious Audrey Style book, this one doesn't talk down to the reader. Nor it is poorly written (Pamela Keogh Clarke is not worth sh** as a writer). Needless to say, it's about Audrey's style, but it also soughts to captures Audrey's graceful, unpretentious and caring personality as well as her quirks. Although it includes many quotes/essays by family and friends, one doesn't feel as if she's been put on a pedestal.

The only downside to the catalogue is that sooooo many of the pictures are thumbnailish size. Including the ones of her clothing/costumes/shoes/hats/coats/bags features in the exhibit. However, they are not the typical Audrey pics: it's less about the movie/fashion icon and more about the person.

Bob Willoughby has also released 2 photograph collection books on her, which also are supposed to be good.

26-05-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post
So, was anyone lucky enough to go to the 1999 Museo Salvatore Ferragamo Audrey exhibit? I didn't find out about it until earlier this year. I'm kicking myself that I didn't know anything about it (not that I could have travelled to Italy anyway).

A catalogue accompanied the exhibit and it is well worth getting. It's called Audrey Hepburn: a Woman, the Style edited by Stephania Ricci. Unlike that atrocious Audrey Style book, this one doesn't talk down to the reader. Nor it is poorly written (Pamela Keogh Clarke is not worth sh** as a writer). Needless to say, it's about Audrey's style, but it also soughts to captures Audrey's graceful, unpretentious and caring personality as well as her quirks. Although it includes many quotes/essays by family and friends, one doesn't feel as if she's been put on a pedestal.

The only downside to the catalogue is that sooooo many of the pictures are thumbnailish size. Including the ones of her clothing/costumes/shoes/hats/coats/bags features in the exhibit. However, they are not the typical Audrey pics: it's less about the movie/fashion icon and more about the person.

Bob Willoughby has also released 2 photograph collection books on her, which also are supposed to be good.
exciting!!!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, audrey, hepburn