How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
27-01-2012
  706
trendsetter
 
funnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDeLit View Post
She used make-up for sure but I don't know about cosmetics like scrub,mask..back then I don't think they were as popular as they are today. And Brigitte is so careless (no sunscreen, smoking, alcohol) she probably didn't use that many..



Yes you nailed it I love seeing more fans in this thread !

Which films of her have you seen ?


The red Pierre Balmain dress

Others from "En cas de malheur":

face book"La beauté, la carrière et le style de Brigitte Bardot."
Oh, if I could give you Karma endlessly, I would. Thank you for the lovely photos from Brigitte's most beautiful period! And I had no idea she dressed up as a MAID for En Cas as well... ah, I wish I could get my hands on a better copy of that movie! I've never bemoaned being a non-French-speaking American more. Actually, I've never seen ANY of BB's movies, sadly... although I've seen clips from Youtube that I've been unable to understand at all. I'm a lazy fan, I know, but she was so lovely in her prime that it shines through even if you can't understand a word she's saying.

But anyway, thank you everyone for the photos! I especially like the ones of BB in the seventh-to-last post, where she's wearing the tight corset top, has her hair half-up in a pony-tail, and has that loose, trailing sleeve. (It's the photo next to her in the wedding dresses.) Anyone know if that's from a movie? I'd love to see more... she looks so adorable there, like a little Juliette!


Another photo from the "Juliette-style" photos. Can anyone identify where these stills come from?





Another picture set that I love of BB. She looks so searingly intense here-- which I love, since I think it's that AMAZING intensity that really sets her apart from so many other bombshell blonds of the period. At times, Brigitte looked like she was thinking of chewing you up and spitting you out-- and even while you dreading it, you just KNOW you'd enjoy it. :p It's part of her charm, I think!






And one final photo of a brunette BB that I love. Can anyone identify this source as well? She looks older than most of the other photos from her brunette years, interestingly enough. And you've got to marvel at her composure-- the man next to her looks as though he's about to chew her poor face off and she's still smiling through it all!





All photos from: face book"La beauté, la carrière et le style de Brigitte Bardot."

 
 
27-01-2012
  707
trendsetter
 
funnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady stardust View Post
ebay.com
Also, anyone have any more photos from this session? BB looks so fantastic in it!

 
27-01-2012
  708
front row
 
Meghann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 341
Willy Rizzo 1958 Photoshoot



dodophoto

 
28-01-2012
  709
backstage pass
 
CielDeLit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghann View Post
Thank you Eire!! The time you took to gather these pics is greatly appreciated!!
Yes and he sent many more !


Quote:
Oh, if I could give you Karma endlessly, I would. Thank you for the lovely photos from Brigitte's most beautiful period! And I had no idea she dressed up as a MAID for En Cas as well... ah, I wish I could get my hands on a better copy of that movie! I've never bemoaned being a non-French-speaking American more. Actually, I've never seen ANY of BB's movies, sadly... although I've seen clips from Youtube that I've been unable to understand at all. I'm a lazy fan, I know, but she was so lovely in her prime that it shines through even if you can't understand a word she's saying.

But anyway, thank you everyone for the photos! I especially like the ones of BB in the seventh-to-last post, where she's wearing the tight corset top, has her hair half-up in a pony-tail, and has that loose, trailing sleeve. (It's the photo next to her in the wedding dresses.) Anyone know if that's from a movie? I'd love to see more... she looks so adorable there, like a little Juliette!


Another photo from the "Juliette-style" photos. Can anyone identify where these stills come from?

You're so very welcome, I love love chatting with people about BB, and this thread is a bit quiet sometimes, some people just come to take pictures so it's nice to see someone who's interested in the person !

That's a shame about BB's movies ! I think some of them are on YouTube with subtitles ! I'll make a post about this and film suggestions

The picture is from "La Mariée est Trop Belle" (translated as "The Bride is Too Beautiful"/"Her Bridal Night"), 1956


Quote:
Another picture set that I love of BB. She looks so searingly intense here-- which I love, since I think it's that AMAZING intensity that really sets her apart from so many other bombshell blonds of the period. At times, Brigitte looked like she was thinking of chewing you up and spitting you out-- and even while you dreading it, you just KNOW you'd enjoy it. :p It's part of her charm, I think!
I absolutely love this set too and I totally agree about the intensity. She had such a wide range of expressions too, she could have the cutest face and then could turn into a sultry vixen !

I think that's what distinguishes legends like BB and Marilyn from other movie stars, it's eventually the personality and the charisma. Some were known because they were beatiful or/and good actors but for BB it was more than that, people loved her whole persona, her individuality, her wit, etc..Alain Delon accurately said that Brigitte was more than an actress, she was a phenomenon.


Quote:
And one final photo of a brunette BB that I love. Can anyone identify this source as well? She looks older than most of the other photos from her brunette years, interestingly enough. And you've got to marvel at her composure-- the man next to her looks as though he's about to chew her poor face off and she's still smiling through it all!
It's from the movie "En effeuillant la marguerite" ("Plucking the Daisy") from 1956, just before her breakthrough in AGCW
It's funny what you say about this man, Darry Cowl..because he's probably the only one I know who said really nasty things about Brigitte's looks ("I found her ugly, she never made me have a boner"). Classy




Quote:
Also, anyone have any more photos from this session? BB looks so fantastic in it!
It's a photoshoot by Sam Levin, BB's favorite photographer who took some of her most iconic pictures.

[IMG]http://i41.************/u/f41/11/11/02/14/fb-c_110.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.************/u/f41/11/11/02/14/fb-c_610.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.************/u/f41/11/11/02/14/fb-c_910.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.************/u/f41/11/11/02/14/fb-c_810.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.************/u/f41/11/11/02/14/fb-c_510.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.************/u/f41/11/11/02/14/fb-c10.jpg[/IMG]
facebook "La beauté, la carrière et le style de Brigitte Bardot."


Sorry for the huge post


Last edited by CielDeLit; 28-01-2012 at 08:43 AM.
 
28-01-2012
  710
backstage pass
 
Underage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 556
I can't believe someone could find BB ugly. They say beauty's in the eye of the beholder, but ugly?! I guess I shouldn't be surprised since other beautiful, famous women's looks have been criticized, but that man didn't know what he was talking about imo.

Thanks everyone for all the pictures. I love everything about BB's looks, her hair, face, figure, and her feminine clothes.


Last edited by Underage; 28-01-2012 at 05:07 PM.
 
01-02-2012
  711
trendsetter
 
funnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underage View Post
I can't believe someone could find BB ugly. They say beauty's in the eye of the beholder, but ugly?! I guess I shouldn't be surprised since other beautiful, famous women's looks have been criticized, but that man didn't know what he was talking about imo.

Thanks everyone for all the pictures. I love everything about BB's looks, her hair, face, figure, and her feminine clothes.
Hahaha, you said it! Especially since the "gentleman" in question who made those comments about BB has a face that looks like a dog's unpuckered arsehole. Seriously, he's one to talk! :p

And I agree with you 100%-- even if BB's mischievous-blonde-sex-goddess looks aren't to your taste, I can't imagine how ANYONE wouldn't at least understand her appeal. She's just so magnetic and alluring-- like the ur-blonde, the one all the others are a lesser reflection of. She is truly iconic in the best way possible.

Also, can I just say? Her figure? Was amazing in her hey-dey, especially since she didn't get a lick of plastic surgery! Her waist-to-hip ration was ABSOLUTELY INSANE. Frankly, she puts the Victoria Secrets models of today to absolute shame, since she has a gorgeous body that doesn't need to be posed specifically to have the illusion of curves. It's actually unreal at times, frankly. How many people do you know that have waists that naturally tiny with breasts and hips that lush? All without apparently having an ounce of fat. CRAAAAAZY.






And besides being so scorching hot it's ridiculous, I love Brigitte's playful, mischievous side as well. Like CielDeLit said, what's so fun about BB in her hey-dey was the way she instantly could go from being an adorable rascal to being a complete seductive siren. I love these photos of her, which I don't think were put up on this forum before. She's just so cute! If anyone has more photos from this set, I'd love to see them.






Source: Classic Legends forum


Last edited by funnyfan; 01-02-2012 at 01:02 PM.
 
01-02-2012
  712
trendsetter
 
funnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDeLit View Post
Yes and he sent many more !





You're so very welcome, I love love chatting with people about BB, and this thread is a bit quiet sometimes, some people just come to take pictures so it's nice to see someone who's interested in the person !

That's a shame about BB's movies ! I think some of them are on YouTube with subtitles ! I'll make a post about this and film suggestions

The picture is from "La Mariée est Trop Belle" (translated as "The Bride is Too Beautiful"/"Her Bridal Night"), 1956




I absolutely love this set too and I totally agree about the intensity. She had such a wide range of expressions too, she could have the cutest face and then could turn into a sultry vixen !

I think that's what distinguishes legends like BB and Marilyn from other movie stars, it's eventually the personality and the charisma. Some were known because they were beatiful or/and good actors but for BB it was more than that, people loved her whole persona, her individuality, her wit, etc..Alain Delon accurately said that Brigitte was more than an actress, she was a phenomenon.




It's from the movie "En effeuillant la marguerite" ("Plucking the Daisy") from 1956, just before her breakthrough in AGCW
It's funny what you say about this man, Darry Cowl..because he's probably the only one I know who said really nasty things about Brigitte's looks ("I found her ugly, she never made me have a boner"). Classy






It's a photoshoot by Sam Levin, BB's favorite photographer who took some of her most iconic pictures.

Sorry for the huge post

CIEL, I bow down!!!

Thank you for those gorgeous, gorgeous photos-- I have a few of them in my slowly building BB collection (heck, I have yet to finish going over the OLD thread for her in this forum-- let alone the Bellazon forums/Facebook page/etc.) but now I'm thrilled I have them all!

This was a gorgeous shoot for her-- and yes, she looks so iconic-ally lovely here! I love not just how alluring BB looks-- since everyone knows how much damn sex appeal the woman has-- but also how incredibly... mysterious she appears as well. It's as though she's telling you-- through her eyes alone-- that even though you can look at her all you like, you simply can't know her or her secrets fully. I truly think that being ale to convey that sense of mystery what separates BB from so many other pretty blonds-- what seperates a BB from a January Jones, who might be more physically "perfect" and "classic" in her features but doesn't have 1/10th of BB's charisma. It's just like you said-- BB was a phenomenon, not just an actress, and her best photos demonstrate that precisely!

I would love to have some recommendations for good BB movies... I've actually finished watch And God Created Woman the other day and BB was truly wonderful in that. The rest of the movie was honestly pretty boring and the frankly racist undertones of the end of the movie ("A hot blonde dancing with black men? Quelle horror!") were massively screwed up. But BB herself was amazing-- and even though she wasn't really a "good" actress, I loved how she showed Juliette's strange mixture of vulnerability and rebelliousness. Honestly, none of the men in that movie deserved her since none of them seemed to understand her-- and I would have liked the movie a lot better if it allowed her to grow more as a person organically, rather than make it seem as though she needed to be slapped around by some guy to "mature." (Ugh!)

Still, she was fantastic and it's no wonder she became a star from this film. Has there ever been a moment in cinema as heart-stoppingly sexy as the one where she took off her dress in front of her husband for the first time and welcomed him into her arms?









Source: bardotdatabase.com

 
01-02-2012
  713
trendsetter
 
funnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,343
Also, a few requests, if anyone can help. Can anyone put up a larger, clearer picture of the page below? It's actually from this forum and I *think* it's BB wearing the infamous red evening dress from Une Parsienne. She looks fantastic with her head down in it and I'd love to see more!




Also, does anyone know which movie still this comes from? She looks so lovely and I *love* her outfit-- she always looked great in tight tops and long, flowing skirts! (BB could actually look more attractive in a gown than in a bathing suit-- a real skill!) The source is the Bellazon forums.


 
01-02-2012
  714
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Moscow, Russia
Gender: femme
Posts: 17,908
ebook30
TuStyle Italy January 24, 2012 Brigitte Bardot # 2

 
01-02-2012
  715
trendsetter
 
funnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,343
::wolf-whistle::



Helloooooooooooo nurse! Damn, BB had a great tush in her time.

 
02-02-2012
  716
trendsetter
 
Fiammifero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Europe
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfan View Post
I would love to have some recommendations for good BB movies... I've actually finished watch And God Created Woman the other day and BB was truly wonderful in that.
Have you watched Godard's masterpiece, Le mépris (Contempt)? I know I'm biased cause I'm a Godard fangirl, but this movie is honestly in my top ten greatest films ever -list up there with the Viscontis, Antonionis and Tarkovskys.

A truly marvelous film (from my cinephile's point of view ) and in my opinion, also Brigitte's best film. Even though I'm a huge fan of her, I have to say that a bit too many of her films are a tad silly & worth to watch only because she's in them, but Le mépris is definitely not one of those.

__________________
Polina Kuklina - Sasha Beznosyuk - Heloise Guerin - Sasha Luss - Julia Johansen
 
02-02-2012
  717
backstage pass
 
CielDeLit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 529
You're welcome FunnyFan , it's truly interesting to have your insight on AGCW ! It's one of my favorite Bardot films, definitely top 5.

I think her "acting" was good in the film. I put acting between quotation marks because she was more being herself than acting since the character was more or less her ! Her then-husband who wrote & directed the film, Vadim, tailored the part for her. He knew her inside out and never made her do scenes more than 2 or 3 times (she hated that, she thought it made the acting mechanic and less natural). That's what made the film so powerful I guess, she was being herself, her free-spirited and careless behavior was unheard of for women.

However I just wanted to add that I didn't find racist undertones about her dancing with black men, quite the contrary actually. Especially if you think about the racial context in the US at the same period. Her dance had to be sensual, hence the choice of latino music like mambo, which is Cuban, the musicians were probably from there so I don't see the big deal

But I totally agree about the male characters in the movie. Not that it surprises me for a 1950s film but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfan View Post
Also, a few requests, if anyone can help. Can anyone put up a larger, clearer picture of the page below? It's actually from this forum and I *think* it's BB wearing the infamous red evening dress from Une Parsienne. She looks fantastic with her head down in it and I'd love to see more!
[/url]


Also, does anyone know which movie still this comes from?
"La Femme et le Pantin" (somehow translated as "A Woman Like Satan")


I don't think I have this picture larger..just this :
[IMG]http://i41.************/u/f41/11/11/02/14/fb6_4510.jpg[/IMG]
bellazon

I have other pics of the dress, but when her hair is up.


I second Fiammifero for Contempt, it is one of her best movies imo, although it divides people, like a lot of Godard's work.


My recommendations :

Top 3 dramas : The Truth (amazing acting performance, her best imo), En Cas de Malheur ("Love is my Profession"), Contempt.

I love And God Created Woman but you saw it already. La Lumière d'en Face ("The Light Across the Street") was one of her pre-AGCW movies and it's really underrated imo.
I also like La Femme et le Pantin, I doubt it's critically acclaimed but I like it and BB is drop dead gorgeous in it. As regards Vie Privée ("A Very Private Affair"), it's rather good, a bit too uneven for my liking (some great moments then it gets kinda boring). But I enjoyed it, I like the way it's filmed and it depicts BB's life so well it's almost like a documentary sometimes (some scenes were based on real events).

Comedies : My favorite is Une Parisienne. I also like Babette goes to war, Come Dance With Me, The Bear and the Doll.

Nevertheless I haven't seen them all yet, some are hard to come by..I've seen the major ones, except Viva Maria. And I'm dying to see "The Night Heaven Fell" too, though the ratings aren't great, I feel like I would enjoy it. Even in the worst films with BB it's still worth watching to me anyway her presence is amazing.


Last edited by CielDeLit; 02-02-2012 at 10:26 PM.
 
02-02-2012
  718
front row
 
Meghann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 341


dodophoto

 
03-02-2012
  719
trendsetter
 
funnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiammifero View Post
Have you watched Godard's masterpiece, Le mépris (Contempt)? I know I'm biased cause I'm a Godard fangirl, but this movie is honestly in my top ten greatest films ever -list up there with the Viscontis, Antonionis and Tarkovskys.

A truly marvelous film (from my cinephile's point of view ) and in my opinion, also Brigitte's best film. Even though I'm a huge fan of her, I have to say that a bit too many of her films are a tad silly & worth to watch only because she's in them, but Le mépris is definitely not one of those.
Ah, thanks for the recc, Fiammi! I definitely do need to take some time to watch Contempt-- I have heard great reviews related to it, although I admit to being a little nervous about watching that movie, since it's apparently all about the horrible, flaming wreck of a marriage as it disintegrates in front of you-- and I'm already scarred enough by Blue Valentine! Still, when I get the chance, I will definitely try to find this movie, since so many people are recc'ing it! Does anyone know if its on Netflix Instant Watch? Or do you need to order the DVD? Shoot, I can only stream right now...

 
03-02-2012
  720
trendsetter
 
funnyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDeLit View Post
You're welcome FunnyFan , it's truly interesting to have your insight on AGCW ! It's one of my favorite Bardot films, definitely top 5.

I think her "acting" was good in the film. I put acting between quotation marks because she was more being herself than acting since the character was more or less her ! Her then-husband who wrote & directed the film, Vadim, tailored the part for her. He knew her inside out and never made her do scenes more than 2 or 3 times (she hated that, she thought it made the acting mechanic and less natural). That's what made the film so powerful I guess, she was being herself, her free-spirited and careless behavior was unheard of for women.
Oh, definitely! There's a lot of raw power and sensuality in BB's performance in that movie that exactly seems to come from the fact that "Juliette" was really just a thin mask for her. The other characters in the movie might have gotten the chance to be the "respectable" ones but she blew them out of the water with the sheer force of her passion, desperation, and unhappiness at being trapped in a miserable black-water with a bunch of rubes who didn't even come close to understanding her and her complex needs. Not hard to see BB in that at all! :p

BB's Juliette might not have been a "good" character but BB's performance made me root for her all the same. In the end, I just wanted Juliette to get the hell out of that stupid town, get away from all of those predatory *******s who wanted her to shut up and be an obedient little doll, and live her own life in the big city. Heck, we never even got a proper ending for the movie (seriously? her husband slaps her and all of a sudden she's meek little Betty Draper?!) so I like to think that happens just a month or two after the end of the movie.

(And GOD did I hate all the men in that movie. The husband might have "nice" but he was so boring and bland and always had that stupid look of dull surprise on his face-- no wonder he couldn't keep Juliette's attention for long. Plus, the old guy was just a pervert and the brother wasn't much better-- just a lout that took Juliette for granted. Damn did I feel bad for the girl through the whole movie!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDeLit View Post
My recommendations :

Top 3 dramas : The Truth (amazing acting performance, her best imo), En Cas de Malheur ("Love is my Profession"), Contempt.
Thanks for the clearer photo of that pic of BB! She is just so adorable in that red dress with her hair down... I admit to finding her hair-style with it up a little silly but with her hair down, she's a goddess!

And thanks for the reccs as well! I'll try to hunt these movies down if I can... but it's hard in the US, especially since I pretty much rely on Netflix Instant Watch for everything. (Er... nearly everything...) I'll do my best, though! And of course, it's always enjoyable to see pictures of BB anyway.

BTW, The Night Heaven Fell is actually available on Youtube as well... search around and you might find what you're looking for... In fact, I'll make caps for it in a bit, since BB was so cute in that movie!

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, bardot, brigitte
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.