How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Retro View Post

Classic Legends Forum
Gorgeous pictures, Miss Retro! The one with young brunette BB holding a ball is especially beautiful... I've seen it before but never in such detail. She looks so fresh and cute and mischievous... and what amazing, long legs! Beaaaaaaaaautiful. anyone else have more from this picture session???

15-02-2012
trendsetter

Thank you for that gorgeous pic-stream, Ciel! I'm very happy to consider it my additional, internet Valentine's day gift. So many beautiful pictures, and so many that are new to me too... I have to admit to especially marveling at the ones of young Brigitte in her one-piece bathing suits! She manages to somehow look both wholesome and alluring at the same time-- she's got that special something that Betty Page had, although naturally, BB never got up to Betty's antic. (Er... at least not in public...) She manages to do everything with a cheeky wink that makes hanging out with her look like it would be so much fun!

And it's amazing how much more appealing young BB in her simple bathing suit is compared to, say, the incredibly vulgar recent Sport's Illustrated cover of Kate Upton. (Which I included down below just for comparison's sake!) BB reveals a hell of a lot less (for one, she's not inviting us to go spelunking in her special lady cavern!) but she's 1000X more appealing. Funny how that works. :p

Quote:
I totally agree ! I actually don't know if I prefer her brunette or blonde..I'd say that brunette suited her as a teen and in her early twenties because she had that fresh-faced gamine thing going on, but as she got older she became sexier, her face was less rounded, and imo blonde suited her more at that time. She wore brunette wigs sometimes in the 60s and it didn't look as good on her as the blond hair.
Yes, I think BB definitely rocked the blonde hair later on in life! When I first became a Bardot fan, I really thought she was a natural blonde, since the color (especially when it was a beautiful shade of dark gold, like in And God Created Woman) suited her so well. Most of the time, when brunettes go blonde, they end up washing out their own strong features-- see Olivia Wilde below. But something about BB's soft, pouty, elfin features manages to rock the shade anyway.

That said, I love BB's gamine years! I think it's because she managed to perfectly balance her sex appeal with a real sense of sparky mischief and even great vulnerability-- alluring while being enchanting and even mysterious, if you will. And I think that, for whatever reason, the brunette hair also made her features look more refined as well-- more patrician and more elfin, less a sex-bomb and more a shiver running up your spine. But I might be getting overly poetic now, I suppose.

And happy (belated) Valentine's Day to the entire board!

As a small token of my esteem, I'd like to show you a glimpse of what I've been working on... caps of the movie, Plucking the Daisy! I still need to spend a while cleaning up and organizing my work but have a glimpse anyway.

Last edited by funnyfan; 15-02-2012 at 12:02 PM.

15-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Retro View Post
I'm glad you like them I think those are amazing too. I wish I could see more of that set.
Yes, I do too! The problem with BB's early work is that there is so little of it and often in very low-res form... ah well, that's where video-screenshots from the lovely people on this board come in. :p

Oh, and Meghann, I forgot to add-- thank you for that lovely clip of BB and toad-man from La Lumiere! I need to make caps of that at some point... heck, maybe even a gif if I can find a decent gif-maker online. She is just so radiantly vulnerable there...

15-02-2012
backstage pass

Does anybody know who this guy is?
The reason I'm asking is because I read somewhere that BB had a Brazilian boyfriend (she spent some time in Brazil in 1964 or 1965) and I'm trying to find out who he is.

Classic Legends Forum via Miss Retro

15-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derin View Post
Does anybody know who this guy is?
The reason I'm asking is because I read somewhere that BB had a Brazilian boyfriend (she spent some time in Brazil in 1964 or 1965) and I'm trying to find out who he is.
Her Brazilian boyfriend (actually he was born in Casablanca and had a Brazilian father & French mother) was Robert "Bob" Zagury. Unfortunately, I don't know how the guy in that photo is... maybe Ciel will recognize him?

But here's Bob,

(designkultur.wordpress.com)

16-02-2012
front row

Ebay

16-02-2012
front row

Toutlecine

16-02-2012
front row

Ebay

16-02-2012