How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-04-2012
trendsetter

Thank you for the lovely caps, funnyfan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfan View Post
He's the kind of person that the term je na sai quoi was born for-- you wouldn't know if by looking at him, but charisma just oozes out of him.
Exactly! Let's say Serge wasn't short of gorgeous women around him... Brigitte, Juliette Gréco, Jane Birkin, Anna Karina, France Gall, Catherine Deneuve, Bambou and the list goes on.

Here's a rather funny clip of Brigitte performing with Serge & another ex-lover, Sacha Distel,

27-04-2012
backstage pass

^ I love "La bise aux hippies" !

Oh wow Funnyfan, thank you for your incredible work !

I love her clothes in Doctor At Sea, like you said, she's a perfect 50s doll It's hard to pick a favorite..I'd say the "false leaving" outfit (9)a green suit with a matching fascinator and gloves", the bathing suit and the lavender short-shorts belted sailor's suit (6).

I'm not surprised about her chemistry with Dirk Bogarde, he only had good things to say about her, for instance: 'She was incredibly assertive. She taught me never to say: "No, I'm sorry, but . . ." If you don't want to do something, you must always say: "No!" . She was positive. She was more in control of her destiny than people imagined.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfan View Post
Still, I like her quick reply-- she always did have a streak of "eff you, I'll do what I want" that I have to admit to finding very charming.
Yeah I love that too, she was and still is the boss, no one tells her what to do or say :p

Quote:
Lately, I've been getting into BB's music also... I LOVE her collabs with Serge Gainsburg! Man was ugly as sin but jesus was his music gorgeous-- I especially love all the lyrical strings he used in his work. Plus, Brigitte's voice is so beautiful in their songs together. She doesn't really sing so much as she kind of... chants words, to be honest, but I love how husky and soft and intimate her voice is in both of the songs below. It's like she's inviting you to know her better even when she keeps you at a remove... it's an alluring mystery, to say the least!
I totally agree, Serge did most of her best songs ! She doesn't even need to sing, her voice is absolutely charming. She really enjoyed doing songs and videos. Actually she did all these videos and shows for free, sometimes after working all day on a movie set.

Quote:
Also, some more images from CorbisImages.com. Anyone know if these photos come from a particular movie set? She loves drop dead GORGEOUS in them!
They're not from a movie set, it's a photoshoot in the shop of a fashion brand she loved, Réal. The photographer is Sabine Weiss.

[IMG]http://i41.************/u/f41/11/11/02/14/tumblr27.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i41.************/u/f41/11/11/02/14/images11.jpg[/IMG]
dodophoto and bellazon

Last edited by CielDeLit; 27-04-2012 at 06:53 PM.

30-04-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiammifero View Post
Thank you for the lovely caps, funnyfan!

Exactly! Let's say Serge wasn't short of gorgeous women around him... Brigitte, Juliette Gréco, Jane Birkin, Anna Karina, France Gall, Catherine Deneuve, Bambou and the list goes on.

Here's a rather funny clip of Brigitte performing with Serge & another ex-lover, Sacha Distel,
Jesus, Serge was knee-deep in world-class beauties, wasn't he? There's something to be said for explosive talent after all!

And what a hilarious clip! Brigitte could make a lot of things seem awesome but I'm afraid her magic did not quite work on the most hippie-tastic parts of the late 60's. Oh well... nice to see she gave it the ol' college try. And Sacha Distel is surprisingly handsome-- nice to know she had good taste in men occasionally.

30-04-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDeLit View Post
Oh wow Funnyfan, thank you for your incredible work !

I love her clothes in Doctor At Sea, like you said, she's a perfect 50s doll! It's hard to pick a favorite..I'd say the "false leaving" outfit (9)a green suit with a matching fascinator and gloves", the bathing suit and the lavender short-shorts belted sailor's suit (6).

I'm not surprised about her chemistry with Dirk Bogarde, he only had good things to say about her, for instance: 'She was incredibly assertive. She taught me never to say: "No, I'm sorry, but . . ." If you don't want to do something, you must always say: "No!" . She was positive. She was more in control of her destiny than people imagined.'
Ah, you're welcome! The screen-caps are a bit of work but it's nice to see people enjoying them. And it's fun to finally put up something "new" of BBs that hasn't already been posted up previously. This thread is so long that I'm always paranoid that people have already put what I thought were new pictures up!

BB was gorgeous at Doctor at Sea. It's always great to see a movie of hers in color, since so many of her movies (especially the early ones) at black-and-white, which unfortunately keeps us from enjoying her beauty and costumes as much as we could. That her clothes are fantastically detailed and put together and that the cinematography is so nicely crisp doesn't hurt either!

Plus, her love affair with the main character was surprisingly sweet and funny, and lacks the "icky" undertone that happens in movies where her lover is a total lothario (like Plucking the Daisy, ick!) or she "steals" him away from some unfortunate (usually older and less stereotypically gorgeous) other woman. I could actually enjoy this romance without cringing at the gross social codes of the '50s and '60s and feeling like a bad feminist.

And thank you for identifying those photos from the Sabine Weiss fashion shoot! Now you've made me nostalgic for blonde BB again... which comes up to our next choice in screen-caps! What would people like to see screen-capped next, from the obscure BB cine files:

1) Naughty Girl, Featuring Brunette BB at her most Manic-Pixie Mode?

upload pictures

or

2) The Bride is Much Too Beautiful, Featuring a Young Blonde BB playing the sweet, virginal heroine? (Movie kindly donated by Fiamfierro, btw! Thank you once again, dear heart.)

Cast your vote! I'll tally them up and put up the winner's caps this Friday.

02-05-2012
trendsetter

My vote for Naughty Girl! (I'm into brunette BB at the moment ).

04-05-2012
trendsetter

I'll go ahead and say I'd like to see Cette Sacrée Gamine (Naughty Girl) because I don't recall ever seeing screencaps of this movie. No matter which movie you chose funnyfan everybody here will appreciate the effort.

Edit: I just realized I'm a bit late for the vote aren't I ?

Last edited by Fantomette; 04-05-2012 at 08:02 AM.

04-05-2012
trendsetter

Finals are consuming my life... No time for putting up more screen-caps this week, I don't think. But on the plus side, more people can vote! Still time to turn the tide if anyone wants to, then.

I'll try to post up whatever movie people most want sometime in the next week... in the meantime, here's a GORGEOUS rare pic of BB I dug up from the Flickr Stream of Jordan Smith (What Makes the Pie Shops Tick). Love the portrait of her (?) on the wall, love her earrings, love her expression, and LOVE the way she's lighting that long cigarette up. She just looks so BOSS in this pic! Brunette BB is just so FIERCE.

A couple more large and lovely pics from that Flickr set, from BB in Cannes. Notice how the red beads she wears as a necklace in some pics become a bracelet in others? And Ciel, BB does wear arm-bands after all!

04-05-2012
trendsetter

And one last picture too cute too resist, from craazy_diamondxx's Flickr Stream:

I'm starting to think BB might have had that black patent belt welded to her through the early '50s, it shows up so often.

06-05-2012
fashion elite

Thank you FunnyFan for all the pictures posted

14-05-2012
trendsetter

I prefer blonde Bardot. But she was a cute brunette too.

19-05-2012
trendsetter

Finals has officially taken over my life... no time to post...

That said, here's some delicious pictures from the French BB forum. Such luscious
curves! Can't wait until I have free time again and can post up caps once more!

Source: fan-de-bb.forumpro.fr/forum

19-05-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by models_vlada View Post
Thank you FunnyFan for all the pictures posted
You're welcome! I'll do my best to put up some caps before I go on vacation... this summer, I'm traveling and studying so I won't have time to pt up a lot on this thread. I'll try to get at least one more set of movie-caps done before the rush hits though...

23-05-2012
trendsetter

Naughty Girl Screen-Caps!
Okay, one last set of caps before I leave for the summer (although I'll try checking back every now and then!)

These are a set of caps for the early brunette BB movie Naughty Girl, which can be streamed from the Amazon.com streaming site for a small fee. It's a complete throw away movie-- a French sex farce that has a totally nonsensical plot involving night-club singers and gangsters that exist just to give young Brigitte a chance to wear some fun dancing costumes and do her thing on-screen. If you're looking for sparkling dialog, an interesting plot, or even 3-dimensional characters, this is not the movie for you!

Still, it's a fun little flick that shows BB off at her manic-dream-pixie-ish moments. She's just plain fun in this film, even when she's setting curtains on fire and making a complete mess of things. She's pretty unbearably cute so if you want to see a color movie with her, this is a good film to start off with.

Download 80+ Screencaps of BB Here (9.76 MB ): http://www.mediafire.com/?o0boisnwmg44e4o

[Disclaimer:
Mediafire is not my personal fan-site nor a site I am affiliated with or make any income from. It's a file-sharing site that I'm using only to upload these screen-caps, which are for private use. You won't be charged for using this site and the download process is free, easy, and takes place without any waiting period. And don't worry about getting your computer infected-- Mediafire has no viruses!]

Anyway, now that that disclaimer is over and done with... let me give you a sampling of the screen-caps and quickly discuss some of Brigitte's best outfits in this movie. Screen-caps are all mine, taken from the Amazon.com streaming site.

(Sorry if the screen-caps are a bit blurry, btw. I did my best but the camera whips around like a drunken hippo at times! Plus, some of the shots of BB are taken at frustratingly long range, making it hard to get details of her costumes. Clearly the cinematographer of this film didn't put much work in. And feel free to put up these screen-caps on any other site if you like-- no need to credit me! Take them and have fun.)

Selected Screen-Caps (With Commentary)

Brigitte's very first scene begins with her whipping off her relatively demure shirt to show the sexy pink bikini she's wearing underneath, much flustering a near-by gardener! Right from the start, she's provocative, fun-loving, and clearly not one to flee from attention. I love the stripes on her shirt-- I'm pretty sure it's one she owned herself!

In her next few scenes, during her "jail break," she wears an adorable white dancing costume. I love that this movie features several scenes of her dancing and showing off some impressive athletic abilities-- plus her ability to do slap-stick comedy!

At first, you think she's being demure in her over-sized blue pajamas, which I'm pretty sure make a cameo on a later movie, The Bride is Too Beautiful. But then, she spends an entire scene on her hands-and-knees in a bright red towel! The movie clearly knew what her audience wanted to see.

And she gets some hilarious dialog when she finally changes into a proper night-gown. Anyone else think she's 12?!

Some great dance costumes she wears during her lover's fantasy sequence. It's a shame the freaking camera wouldn't focus on her properly... these are the best caps I could come up with! Still, I love the pirate costume!

A blue-tiered sun-dress. She later wore this to meet Pablo Picasso at Cannes!

A black showgirl's costume she kicks a surprising amount of arse in. Very cute and I love her impromptu dance number in this!

Her last scene, and she's wearing as scorching-hot, bright-red, sheath dress. She's "settled down" now but you wouldn't know if from looking at her! This looks quite a bit like any number of sheath dresses she wore during this time period, and they fit like a glove on her amazing body. Magnificent!

Last edited by funnyfan; 23-05-2012 at 12:10 AM.

23-05-2012
trendsetter

Sources: fan-de-bb.forumpro.fr, bellazon.com, brigittebardot.canalblog.com, gettyimages.com

Finally, a couple of miscellaneous photos from this movie, from various sources!

23-05-2012
backstage pass

So many pictures I haven't been here for a while, thank you guys for keeping this topic alive

Thanks for the recap and the screencaps FunnyFan ! It is indeed a silly movie, like several others from the beginning of her career. But she's so delightful to watch !

I know you're fond of 1950s Brigitte, so here are a few pictures :

Bellazon
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BRIGITTE BARDOT sipa sayfa 4den ba-a eksik (15).jpeg (72.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpeg BRIGITTE BARDOT sipa sayfa 4den ba-a eksik (16).jpeg (79.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg FBx (155).jpg (285.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg images.jpg (99.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 39914258.jpg (129.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg fb4l (2).jpg (360.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg jh.jpg (89.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 742001sw8.jpg (106.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 600full-brigitte-bardot (16).jpg (228.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Brigitte Bardot - DodoPhoto.net - 2611110735.jpg (130.7 KB, 5 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, bardot, brigitte