How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-06-2012
trendsetter

What an amazing pic-stream! For some reason, I'm really digging blonde BB once more, especially in her early incarnation... that's what happens from editing 100+ screen-caps of Le Mepris and Night Heaven Fell that... sigh... I still haven't finished cleaning up.

Oh well... anything that gives me a better appreciation of Brigitte is to be delighted by. And Lady Stardust, you make me *really* want to put up screen-caps from Contempt. I need to finish Bride is Too Beautiful first though...!

And Ciel, thank you for tracking down those two other beautiful portraits! I suppose it's no surprise that she inspired so much art in her day, although I have to admit to liking the first portrait better than the second one! (Seriously, the second one doesn't even evoke her to me in the least... although the first one captures her in all her radiant gamine beauty.) I even remember seeing a short news-clip on BB mania on Youtube that showed her sitting down for that portrait painting... agh, if only I could track it down now! It's lost somewhere in my book-marks, sadly.

Last edited by funnyfan; 29-06-2012 at 05:21 PM.

29-06-2012
trendsetter

Outfits from Bride is Too Beautiful, Part III
And onwards we go! For while "The Bride is Too Beautiful" is a very light little trifle of a movie, we do get the pleasure of seeing BB in a lot of fantastic clothes at the height of late '50s Parisian fashion. Here are a few more outfits she wears throughout:

Betty Draper, eat your heart out. I only wish this gorgeous truffle of a dress was in color! The pattern alone looks fantastic, though.

A mock cover featuring her and her "modeling partner"-- who naturally falls in love with her later! It's funny that he's played by one of the bad-guy shmucks in one of BB's earliest movies, Manina. Poor guy never gets the girl!

And you might find her china-print dress familiar... she later wore it to quite a number of occasion out! I love the Asian influence... check out the print and the high, almost mandarin-like collar!

Another fantastic cover. Watch BB smoulder! If anyone has a larger version of this, I BEG you to put it up!

She can even make hoovering seem chic! What a gal!

BB did a number of classic publicity shots wearing this strangely stripey get-up. Anyone got them on hand...? I can't seem to find them now...

As a traveling couple. Her buttoned-up look reminds me of her at the start of Plucking the Daisy, actually!

Classic mid-century upper-crust style. The gloves complete the look... although the diamond doesn't hurt!

This just screams moneyed elegance, and I love the bow-tie necklace and fur.

...More to come soon! I'll try to wrap this sucker up in... eh... two more posts?

03-07-2012
trendsetter

I have an urgent request, if anyone could please help! Can anyone post up that black-and-white photo of BB wearing her dark-green suit from Doctor at Sea? I want to put it up on... er... another place, but I've misplaced the photo!

It's this outfit:

08-07-2012
backstage pass

do you mean this one (first one I uploaded)?

Her outfits are utterly cute in "The Bride is Too Beautiful". Very figure-hugging too thank you for the caps

all pics from bellazon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bb.jpg (102.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg bbbride.jpg (85.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg bbb.JPG (282.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg bblevin (2).jpg (22.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg bblevin.jpg (29.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg bblevin (4).jpg (26.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg bblevin (3).jpg (340.2 KB, 4 views)

08-07-2012
backstage pass

Great pics as always!!

I found it yesterday:

thetarnishedangels.blogspot

The translation for this is "Why does BB cry?" The article says "Viva Maria" is the most difficult movie that Brigitte has ever done. She didn't like all the gossip about her and Jeanne during the filming and had to work really hard in the hot weather, running and climbing mountains. That's why she's been crying...
I don't remember much about this episode in her book, but I remember that Brigitte X Jeanne sort of thing.

08-07-2012
backstage pass

I also have a question for you guys...you may know because you know everything about our muse BB.

Don't you know anything about Brigitte Bardot and Romy Schneider? Is there any photo or something about them together? I mean, Romy was a great star as Brigitte and these two are my muses. Thanks for the help!

12-07-2012
backstage pass

I think there's a picture of them in the 70s, but it's a pap picture and we can barely see them. They knew each other and got along very well. Brigitte liked Romy very much and she was deeply saddened by her death

16-07-2012
front row

ebay

17-07-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CielDeLit View Post
I think there's a picture of them in the 70s, but it's a pap picture and we can barely see them. They knew each other and got along very well. Brigitte liked Romy very much and she was deeply saddened by her death
Thank you very much Ciel!!
That's really sad... I wish I could see it. I would really like it I can't give you a karma anyway

27-07-2012
backstage pass

you're welcome !

romyphotos.canalblog.com

here's the one I'm talking about

27-07-2012
backstage pass

thaaanks a bunch Ciel! I love this site! There's a lot of good things about Romy!

01-08-2012
windowshopping

I love, I love, I love herWhat a body! What a waist! And what a grace! You can easily guess she is a professional ballerina from the way she moves.

01-08-2012
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, bardot, brigitte