How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2009
trendsetter

With her mother, Peter Sellers & Rod Stewart

(dailymail.co.uk)

16-02-2009
trendsetter

Some more...

(corbis.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AX927838.jpg (83.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg AX927839.jpg (96.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg HU055622.jpg (53.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HU055625.jpg (39.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg U1506291.jpg (56.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg U1526321.jpg (45.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg AX932163.jpg (47.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg CN000013250.jpg (39.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg HU055619.jpg (44.8 KB, 2 views)

trendsetter

And finally, a feature about her handbags from DailyMail.
'My life in handbags' - Britt Ekland charts the highs and lows through her favourite piece of fashionware

1. In the first photograph I am holding a brown snakeskin Charles Jourdan
bag, which Peter bought me as a wedding gift. It must have cost three or four hundred pounds then, which was a fortune. It makes me sad to look at this - I so desperately wanted to be a hands-on mummy to our daughter, Victoria, but Peter wanted me to be with him all the time, and I had to leave her at home with a nanny so often when we went out partying.

2. I'm wearing a huge, black mink coat, which Peter also bought me as a wedding gift, and carrying a Gucci bag, I think I look like Princess Margaret, dressing way too old for my years. But that's what Peter wanted.
Peter bought things on a whim - towards the end of our marriage, which lasted five years, when things were desperately unravelling and Peter was quite unstable, he'd buy me a Cartier watch one weekend, then he'd start a row and by Monday he would have stamped on it, smashed it, or flushed it down the loo.

3. This picture makes me so sad, too. It was taken in 1969, and I am outside the law courts, on my way to hear about my divorce from Peter. In my Charles Jourdan snakeskin handbag are some notes about the divorce.

4. I was with my then boyfriend Patrick Lichfield in 1970, dressed top to toe in Yves Saint Laurent. The bag is YSL, too, and I have wrapped a fur scarf around the handles, as we used to do then.
I just went mad with money in those days, money I didn't have. I would go into YSL on Bond Street and buy a bag for the equivalent of £1,000 today, and a whole outfit to go with it, and then not eat for days.

5. I'd just met Lou and things were looking up. At long last I felt I had found some security.
Lou was a very powerful force in the music industry in LA, and this navy blue canvas bag, a gift from him, was printed with the logo of his music label, ODE. I look very excited because I'd just been cast in the Bond film The Man With The Golden Gun.

6. I had my first son, Nikolai, in 1972, with Lou, and at last I was able to be a more hands-on mummy. In this green bag, even though it isn't very big, I would have had a book and toys for Nikolai as well as my purse, keys, make-up and diary.

7. Me at Heathrow wearing a green tartan suit, a brown hat and carrying a vintage YSL bag in snakeskin. I would have paid about £50 for it, a fraction of its value, because I was known, I suppose.

8. A picture of me in a YSL trouser suit and silver snakeskin bag.

9. I discovered the work of designer Maud Frizon at this point, and this photo of me at the airport shows me carrying one of her big, silver bags. These bags were much cheaper than Gucci and YSL, maybe a few hundred dollars, and you could get so much in them.

10. I bought most of my clothes, and handbags, from street markets such as Camden in North London, and in Los Angeles. Unlike Peter, Rod didn't like to splash money on me.
I mixed and matched all my outfits, and neither of these bags is expensive - I think the white bag came from a street market and would have cost only around £5.

11. I cringe a little now when I see pictures like this because I was trying to dress much younger than my age. I was 40, and there I am decked out from head to toe in Vivienne Westwood, carrying an inexpensive green canvas bag.

12. With Jim I had my second son, TJ. In the next picture we are flying from London to LA. This is just a fun little leopardskin bag I had which I bought in LA for about £25, and I remember it was rather awkward because you had to lift up the lid and just drop things in.

13. Without serious boyfriends in my life, friends have become terribly important to me, and it was a close girlfriend who bought me this green Hermes Kelly bag, which must have cost several thousand pounds. This is at a fashion show in London, and I must be about 53. I adore this bag and it's one of the few handbags I still have.

14. Shopping is still a passion, and my daughter Victoria bought me this Louis Vuitton bag, which I adore. We are so close - she's had many ups and downs, but she is now very happy, living in LA making jewellery, with a lovely boyfriend.

15. I'm carrying a beige Gucci bag, again a present from a friend. This is at a polo match organised by Kenney Jones, the drummer from The Who, to raise money for the Prince's Trust.

16. Note how the bags are quite roomy, far more so than the bags I carried when I was a young woman - there is a reason for this.
I'm very organised these days, and I keep my life in my handbag, like most women. I have my Blackberry, a mobile, a notebook, my diary, chequebook, pens, mint tablets, headache pills, make-up, keys for my three homes and an antiseptic spray - I'm terrified of bugs such as MRSA.

The whole article can be read in here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-485542/My-life-handbags--Britt-Ekland-charts-highs-lows-favourite-piece-fashionware.html

(dailymail.co.uk)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brittek1_800x513.jpg (114.9 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg brittek2_800x518.jpg (105.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg brittek3_800x538.jpg (107.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg brittek4_800x560.jpg (138.8 KB, 17 views)

backstage pass

thetarnishedangels blog

20-11-2009
V.I.P.

ebay.com

V.I.P.

ebay.com

trendsetter

www.mrskin.com

trendsetter

www.mrskin.com

V.I.P.

cool pics..

ebay.com

V.I.P.

ebay.com

V.I.P.

ebay.com

windowshopping

A mixture of birgitte bardot, sophie monk, doutzen kroes and denise richards! don't you think?

23-03-2010
backstage pass

she's amazing...

26-05-2010
V.I.P.

ebay.com

V.I.P.

ebay.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
britt, ekland