How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-08-2008
backstage pass

Carole Mallory 'It' girl of the 60's
Just flicking through my latest copy of Grazia and came across an article on this women I'd never heard of, but was billed the It girl of the 60s (with Jade Jagger taking the crown in the 70s, Madonna in the 80s, Kate Moss in the 90s and Paris Hilton now) apparently she slept with everyone in Hollywood and graced a tonne of magazine covers... I'm really interested to know what people here think of her...
Don't want to be cruel, but I'm a little shocked at her 'achievements'. IMO she ain't much of a looker and came across as quite ditzy in the interview.... Maybe I haven't seen some of her hottest photo shoots, anyone have any they can share?

21-09-2008
backstage pass

I guess the buzz may be about the biography that she penned. I guess her claim to fame is being Norman Mailer's mistress for 10 years (& then he dumped her.) Looks like she dated half of Hollywood. Appeared in some B movies. Anyway, here are some pics I found. carole mallory -031mallory_468x646- fashionmagdaily com.jpg

CaroleMallory1SDS_468x654- fashionmagdaily com.jpg

CaroleMallory2SDS_468x694- fashionmagdaily com.jpg

carole mallory - T0O8Z5N- whosdatedwho com.jpg Sources: Pic 1-3: fashionmagdaily.com Pic 4 - whosdatedwho.com

22-09-2008
backstage pass

Haha Thanks for the pics!!!

I'm in shock that someone else knows her, and even replied!!! When I posted this thread I thought she must be someone big (even though I hadn't heard of her ) and that lots of people here would know her...

The way she (and the writer for her feature in Grazia) talked about her life, it's as if she altered the course of history in a major way

I wonder if I'll read her book....hmmm let me think about that ....no!!!

Last edited by nangnangnj; 22-09-2008 at 09:24 AM.
23-09-2008
fashion insider

I hadn't even heard of her until you created this thread, nangnangni. I'm surprised she was labelled the It Girl of the '60s. You would think if she had made such an impact she would be more well known. I don't even recognise her face.

backstage pass

^^ Exactly. Which is why I was in shock when I read that she was the Madonna/Kate Moss/Paris Hilton of the 60s!!!!!!!!!!
It got me curious you know, I just had to investigate for myself....instead of taking Grazia's word for it
Ha, I knew that the educated folk at TFS would know better!!!

Last edited by nangnangnj; 23-09-2008 at 11:07 AM.
04-10-2008
backstage pass

Worst 'It' girl ever.

05-10-2008
backstage pass

stepford wives-sfgate com.jpg One of her big claims to fame is her bit part in "The Stepford Wives" - role as Kit Saunders - also she had a bit part in "Looking for Mr. Goodbar'. But most recently I found out that she sold "papers that include lengthy accounts of their sex life and hand-edited drafts of her writing to Harvard University, Mailer's alma mater. Carole Mallory saved seven boxes of material she said she collected dring Mailer's weekly visits between 1983 and 1992, while Mailer was married to his sixth and last wife, Norris Church." I think she got something like 2 point million for them. Nice girl, eh?

Sources: Pic - sfgate.com Quotes- orlandosentinel.com

11-10-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nangnangnj View Post
I wonder if I'll read her book....hmmm let me think about that ....no!!!
Hahaha! Nobody likes her.

backstage pass

I have found the IT girl who was hiding from us for so long. Now is found. In fact, she has her own web site. But I guess she posted her own "supermodel" pictures. Let me regale you with a few...not too many at one time, else I'll spoil youl12 Fan Club Test Photo picasweb.jpg

18 GQ picsaweb.jpg

28 Cosmo Lingerie picsaweb.jpg

36 French Nogue_Guy Bourdin picsawb.jpg

02 Cosmopolitan picsaweb.jpg

34 French Vogue_Guy Bourdin picsaweb.jpg

14 French Vogue picsaweb.jpg Source: picsaweb.google.com/carolemallory

19-12-2010
backstage pass

Oooh! I forgot to mention, she was once engaged to Claude Picasso (son of Pablo & francoise Gillot). She's writing a book about that too.

19-12-2010
Confused & Bewildered

Apparently the term "IT Girl" doesn't mean much. I certainly wouldn't call any of those names "IT" anything as opposed to others who were far more defining.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
60, carole, girl, mallory