How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-07-2007
V.I.P.

Yeah,I saw that awhile ago but don't remember any photos of Lynn...do you think maybe it was a photo of her sister Viv instead?! Anyhow,oh do I remember that reddish hairstyle she had! It was for the film "Moment of Danger(1960)"...yes one of her last completed films. Photo Credit:László Benedek

31-07-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMIFAN9 View Post
Yeah,I saw that awhile ago but don't remember any photos of Lynn...do you think maybe it was a photo of her sister Viv instead?! Anyhow,oh do I remember that reddish hairstyle she had! It was for the film "Moment of Danger(1960)"...yes one of her last completed films. Photo Credit:László Benedek

No, it was Lynne because, they were talking about her money problems and how Lynne was sent back to her on a train alone after Dorothy couldn't pay her caregiver, the picture is not the best because Lynne is wearing a hat, but it's the first time I saw her as an adult.It was sad. Thanks for the movie title, Red hair suites Dorothy well.

V.I.P.

Hmmm,I'll check it out in a bit since I did record it awhile back. I'm curious to see if I missed something,b/c Lynn's photos aren't just around especially outside of baby photos. Anyhow,she was just such a big burden on Dorothy's heart.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhirnamy137 View Post
Thanks for the movie title, Red hair suites Dorothy well.
Oh,yeah red hair...also black hair,brown hair...short hair,long hair...straight,curly whatever from 1941-1962 she was just precious IMO.

fashion icon

Quote:
Oh,yeah red hair...also black hair,brown hair...short hair,long hair...straight,curly whatever from 1941-1962 she was just precious IMO.
Well I did put her in the perfect face thread, a few weeks ago..I think her and Gene Tierney were the most beautiful black & white women in Hollywood during their era.Did you ever read Donald Bogle book about her, It's large but good. Her seems to have a huge crush on her, because he has included her in several of his books, Brown Sugar, Broadwalks and Boulevards.

Last edited by inhirnamy137; 02-08-2007 at 02:58 PM.
02-08-2007
fashion icon

(http://www.johnadams.net)

Halle does look like Dorothy long lost daugther, They remind me of each other,because they were both vulnerable and had alot of men problems, but I think Dorothy was MORE talented, then Halle. Halle is just an Okay actress, I can't see her pulling Carmen Jones,also Halle had more opportunities then Dorothy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dandridge-Berry450.jpg (18.7 KB, 3 views)

V.I.P.

Quote:
Well I did put her in the perfect face thread, a few weeks ago..I think her and Gene Tierney were the most beautiful black & white women in Hollywood during their era.Did you ever read Donald Bogle book about her, It's large but good. Her seems to have a huge crush on her, because he has included her in several of his books, Brown Sugar, Broadwalks and Boulevards.
Oh,yes Donald...well he did say he fell in love with her so to speak. And of course I got my copy of his book and several others,too. Dorothy has been one of my top favs among the classic stars for many,many years so I'm always collecting & learning.

V.I.P.

Quote:
(http://www.johnadams.net)

Halle does look like Dorothy long lost daugther, They remind me of each other,because they were both vulnerable and had alot of men problems, but I think Dorothy was MORE talented, then Halle. Halle is just an Okay actress, I can't see her pulling Carmen Jones,also Halle had more opportunities then Dorothy.
She looks like her,so did Phylicia Rashad(of the Cosby show fame). Halle I think is talented and I won't knock her,but I guess one could say Dorothy is more so...the main reason I would say that is Dorothy could carry a tune & things like that. But the same could be said of most stars today...'they don't make them like they used to' saying,whether its a pop star like Britney or whoever.

Last edited by OMIFAN9; 02-08-2007 at 03:50 PM.
02-08-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
She looks like her,so did Phylicia Rashad(of the Cosby show fame). Halle I think is talented and I won't knock her,but I guess one could say Dorothy is more so...the main reason I would say that is Dorothy could carry a tune & things like that. But the same could be said of most stars today...'they don't make them like they used to' saying,whether its a pop star like Britney or whoever.
An average level actor or singer in Old Hollywood would be 10x better then several so-called "Talented" actors and singers of today:p

V.I.P.

Dorothy making a seductive singing pose(1952)scanned by me! Photo Credit:Athur Rothstein

V.I.P.

One of my absolute favs of her(1955)scanned by me. Photo Credit-Don Ornitz

V.I.P.

She was so stunning.

05-02-2008
V.I.P.

Dorothy in the mid/late 50s. Photo Credit:Bettmann

V.I.P.

Dorothy in "The Decks Ran Red(1958)" by me. Photo Credit:Andrew L. Stone

fashion icon

(ebay.com)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »