How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-08-2011
trendsetter

Edie's niece said a lot of her clothes went to Goodwill and some to her family.

04-08-2011
V.I.P.

Zodiacsmyfreak, Helloooo! How cool that you are working with Gerard. I taught Stein's "Edie" in my biography course (at college) last spring, and I will be teaching it again in the Spring of 2012. The majority of the students had never heard of Edie. Some even thought of her like an early Paris Hilton!

Anyhow, a couple of questions:

1. What sets Edie apart from girls like Paris Hilton, who also were born into wealth and have tried various forays into the entertainment world (I have my own ideas, of course, but what does Gerard say? Since he knew her!). I would love to have a response that I could even read to the students, if it's okay with you guys.

2. What happened to the footage of Edie's appearance on "The Tonight Show." I am sure I read that she appeared on it, but I have never seen the interview. in fact, I'd love to see more candid footage of Edie, not behind Warhol's camera, but elsewhere, and just in the world.

3. And of course - more photos would be great. Of her artwork, of her modeling, of her younger years, pre-Factory.

4. A lot of my students felt that Warhol was a sadist and that he is to "blame", at least in part, for Edie's ultimate demise. What would Gerard say to that?

5. What does he think of the film "Factory Girl"?

Cheers, thanks, lovely to hear from someone touching Edie from a distance. her. I have the youthquaker 1968 Vogue with her in it. I searched high and low until I found it. Cherish.

05-08-2011
trendsetter

Those are perfect questions! I'm wondering about all of them also.

05-08-2011
V.I.P.

gorgeous gifs, thanks! and not plain jane, your questions are great - i'd love to know what gerard has to say about them

05-08-2011
scenester

You know what I've always thought would be awesome? An exhibition of her artwork. Does anyone know if any of it is still around?

05-08-2011
tfs star

I remember there was a showing of it at I think it was the Carnegie museum of Pittsburgh or MOMA... A few years ago when Edie became mainstream through Factory Girl. I didn't see it, but I remember reading that it had her artwork, so it is somewhere...

Last edited by crystaljukebox; 05-08-2011 at 11:21 PM.

06-08-2011
trendsetter

That would be amazing! I hope they do it again someday! There needs to be an Edie museum...

06-08-2011
windowshopping

i think i will be spending a week or so at gerards later in the summer so ill see what i can get for you girls

11-08-2011
rising star

There are some people who believe that Edie drew her mole on. I honestly didn't think this was an issue. It's ridiculous! I was trying to think of the reason why people who think this. There is a scene from Factory Girl where Sienna Miller is getting ready for a "paw-tee" is drawing her mole on in the mirror. I have been dispelling many of these odd little rumors about her since this movie came out... it's so annoying.

11-08-2011
backstage pass

I assumed she was just darkening it in the movie. but then there a million things from factory girl people take as true!

12-08-2011
backstage pass

I feel like that movie really ruined the legacy of Edie. Things feel so different now in that regard, like it just sucked out all of the air from the whole Sixties scene...maybe it's just me, but it feels like it's been emptied.
-I'll always love Edie

12-08-2011
backstage pass

^^ I feel just like that about it also. . .

12-08-2011
windowshopping

could not agree more. does anyone know how i could see the girl on fire film? is it even out yet/ever coming out??

13-08-2011
trendsetter

It's not out yet

15-08-2011
front row

New Edie pic!

Source: http://****yeahwarholfactory.tumblr.com

Welcome to the board, Zodiac! If you can, I would love it if you asked Gerard what his fondest memories of Edie were, and if he could recall conversations they had together or anything Edie said to him that stood out. It would also be fascinating if Gerard could tell us something about Edie that seemed uncharacteristic of her popular image or would surprise many of her fans. I love seeing new sides and angles to the enigma that was Edie.

Last edited by PinkGoddess; 15-08-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, edie, sedgwick