How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

Edie Sedgwick #3
Moderator's Note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic! Gossip posts belong in Rumor Has It
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • The old thread can be viewed here
__________________________________________________ ____

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Anders View Post
Footage of Edie Sedgwick and Andy Warhol on The Merv Griffin Show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Z8sptsjCk18
I love, love, love the way she speaks...so elegant and smooth. It's a shame we lost that as a society.

Last edited by *ana*; 13-08-2012 at 10:19 PM.

13-08-2012
V.I.P.

Oh man.....was just getting ready to post the same footage! This was so awesome to see. I've loved Edie for ever!!

When in doubt, wear red.

I don't know why but Eddie's outfit in the video reminds me of Marc Jacobs S/S 12 collection. Great footage though, thanks for sharing

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 14-08-2012 at 06:22 PM.
14-08-2012
V.I.P.

Aww, just love Edie; she pulls off sweet and edgy (lace collar & no pants!) at the same time.

But to this day I remain uncertain about Andy or what I think of him...

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
15-08-2012
rising star

from extracreditcrafts @ flickr

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 17-08-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Added credit
17-08-2012
V.I.P.

^ Lupe, please state the account holder of the flickr account to ensure a proper credit.

17-08-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelscatchfire View Post
^ Lupe, please state the account holder of the flickr account to ensure a proper credit.
extracreditcrafts @ flickr, but the proper credit should go to the Andy Warhol and the Andy Warhol museum in pittsburgh, PA

front row

I just finished reading Edie: American Girl by Jean Stein - it's such a great biography!

V.I.P.

^Great read, but what a family, right???

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
^Great read, but what a family, right???
wow, they all had a more than serious problem
and half of the children died/commited suicide...
it's such a pity, they had money, education, tradition and everything, but were so ****ed up!

backstage pass

Two that I have never seen:

onlyediesedgwick @Tumblr

V.I.P.

Her legs were so amazing! I love that first picture of her dancing Thank you so much for posting ScarlettLover

windowshopping

Does anyone think Edie (if she hadn't sadly passed away) would have eventually settled down with a family and calmed down? In Girl on Fire there's a quote from her husband where he states that they discussed having children and that Edie thought she might have been pregnant at the very end of her life ( if that was true, what a sad thought!).
I think she would have been an amazing mother. However, I wouldn't have wanted to see Edie settle down and fade away, but I would also have hated to see her continue on her drug rampage. The end of her life was just such a sad situation. I don't know, just wondering what everyone else here thinks.

12-11-2012
front row

I don't think Edie would have settled down, although I do think she would have found a new outlet for her manic energy and perhaps turned it into something productive. She was after all, planning to leave Michael and spoke of wanting to return to New York, even though she also spoke of wanting to have kids. I don't think Edie was the type of person who could ever really decide on one thing in life and be content with it...I think she would have spent the rest of her time going back and forth between different circles, places, and activities as she always had, though with a greater amount of wisdom and maturity. I think that kind of capriciousness was just something inherent to her nature, which isn't something sad in itself, although it often lead to dramatic lows and losses.

17-11-2012
windowshopping

I don't recall seeing these exact ones, although I'm sure we all know these are from Vinyl. I found them at billyname.net. He seems like such a cool guy!

Last edited by Kait0189; 17-11-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, edie, sedgwick