How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-01-2011
V.I.P.

happy birthday, beautiful gia

21-02-2011
clever ain't wise

Is this possibly Gia? I think her nose looks a little short and her chin a little lax but I'm also thinking that the bruises on her arm could explain the lax chin?

educopark

23-02-2011
front row

Definetly NOT Gia. I have no idea how some pictures start circulating as Gia pics when they have nothing to do with her. There are a few out there.
BTW I LIVE for your Warm Gun sites. Amazing! I keep checking all the time. Every post is a joy! Most wonderful blogs ever!
xxxx

V.I.P.

I just finally watched the Gia film with Angelina Jolie again. I last saw it when I was a kid, haha. Anyways, I find it so weird how she is portrayed in the film since I always thought she looked so delicate and innocent in her pictures. It's hard to imagine she was this bisexual drug abusing badass rebel but I suppose that's what's so fascinating about her. You see these perfect pictures in Vogue and would never think all these crazy things were going on during the shooting. She was a true beauty

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

beautiful!!!

source/bellazone

clever ain't wise

Oh my - thank youuu

24-06-2011
Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Yes. It's one of those losses to the world you can't stop thinking about. Obviously there are other people I knew personally I wish were still around and that's an even stronger feeling. But as for the artist/personalities joy-bringers that ever walked the earth....Gia is high up on the list. The promise of what could have been.

I get that feeling about her and Ian Curtis. I know she really succumbed to the pressures around her - but what if - what if! - she had learnt to direct her immense presence and power?
I'm watching Gia (hence bringing up this thread, haha), and I was thinking... I do think that sometimes, it's better for the image that one dies young. James Dean will forever be remembered for being cool and brooding; his contemporary Marlon Brando, who died in old age, is often remembered for some of his more eccentric traits that emerged later in life. I can't help but wonder if a 51 year old Gia would be a botox-ed up "cougar" working the reality circuit a la Janice Dickinson, or if she would have aged as gracefully as some of her other contemporaries (Christie Brinkley comes to mind).

24-06-2011
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma View Post
I'm watching Gia (hence bringing up this thread, haha), and I was thinking... I do think that sometimes, it's better for the image that one dies young. James Dean will forever be remembered for being cool and brooding; his contemporary Marlon Brando, who died in old age, is often remembered for some of his more eccentric traits that emerged later in life. I can't help but wonder if a 51 year old Gia would be a botox-ed up "cougar" working the reality circuit a la Janice Dickinson, or if she would have aged as gracefully as some of her other contemporaries (Christie Brinkley comes to mind).
No, in her case, her face and body were just the top of a talent ice berg. Like Ian Curtis, very little of what she had was ever seen. This girl was talented way beyond modeling. Once she had come to terms with her personal problems by 30 she could have been something great...definitely not a cougar like Janice and not obsessed with keeping her looks like Christie Brinkley.

12-07-2011
trendsetter

^ Yes she had the look of her time, complete versatility as described by Wilhelmina as being able to transform from an innocent looking girl into an exotic creature not of this earth. A career model if she hadn't imploded and died so young.

23-07-2011
clever ain't wise

Check out style.com at this moment

www.style.com

It has a picture of Gia with Christiaan the legendary hairdresser. It's said to be after a shoot with Arthur Elgort. It says 1986, but that's most likely wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gia_christiaan.jpg (320.7 KB, 53 views)

23-07-2011
backstage pass

^^^ Wow, thank you! And what a shot..

V.I.P.

omg, look at that gorgeous smile!!

trendsetter

^ Jeisa you beat me to it I was just about to post that pic myself!

28-09-2011
front row

Does the girl in this video remind anyone else of Gia?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYM2Y5Vrvk0

28-09-2011
V.I.P.

^hell no!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carangi, gia