How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-04-2009
V.I.P.

BPK

30-04-2009
V.I.P.

more..

30-04-2009
backstage pass

Simply amazing rare pics! Thank you nmyngan Btw, I have to ask you something by PM.

ebay

01-05-2009
In other words

Source: Virtual History Film

01-05-2009
In other words

01-05-2009
In other words

Filmwelt, nr. 3, 20. January, 1935

02-05-2009
V.I.P.

#289 is so gorgeous

amana-images

02-05-2009
V.I.P.

zuma

18-05-2009
backstage pass

Thanks nmyngan. Btw, I saw in Ava's thread you were commented on Rachel Weisz to play Ava. Well, right now, it is rumored that Rachel could play Hedy in a biopic:

Rachel Weisz may be going Old Hollywood.

The British actress is loosely attached to play MGM icon Hedy Lamarr in Amy Redford's indie tale "Face Value."

"Value" centers on Lamarr's eccentric life, particularly her less-publicized second career as a scientist.

The Austrian-American actress garnered fame in the 1940s for her luminous screen presence, most famously for playing Delilah in Cecil B. DeMille's "Samson and Delilah." But she also was an accomplished scientist, helping to create a method of changing frequencies -- known as frequency-hopping -- that became a forerunner to modern wireless communications. That pursuit will be the primary subject of Redford's film.

Charlize Theron's name had surfaced in connection with the part.

Jose Rivera and Gretchen Somerfeld penned the script, while Nimbus Pictures will produce. The project was the winner last fall of a TFI Sloan Filmmaker grant at the Sundance Institute.

The Endeavor-repped Weisz stars in "Agora," Alejandro Amenabar's historical epic that premieres at the Festival de Cannes next week, and she also plays an eccentric love interest in Summit's upcoming con-man pic "The Brothers Bloom."

Weisz was recently cast in "The Whistleblower," the story of a Midwestern police officer who travels to post-war Bosnia and exposes atrocities.

Redford, also an actress (and the daughter of Robert Redford), made her directing debut with the drama "The Guitar" at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival.
source: hollywoodreporter.com

18-05-2009
backstage pass

And these pics with this quality are totally new to me

bew.com

18-05-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lucyinthesky- View Post
Thanks nmyngan. Btw, I saw in Ava's thread you were commented on Rachel Weisz to play Ava. Well, right now, it is rumored that Rachel could play Hedy in a biopic:

Rachel Weisz may be going Old Hollywood.

The British actress is loosely attached to play MGM icon Hedy Lamarr in Amy Redford's indie tale "Face Value."

"Value" centers on Lamarr's eccentric life, particularly her less-publicized second career as a scientist.

The Austrian-American actress garnered fame in the 1940s for her luminous screen presence, most famously for playing Delilah in Cecil B. DeMille's "Samson and Delilah." But she also was an accomplished scientist, helping to create a method of changing frequencies -- known as frequency-hopping -- that became a forerunner to modern wireless communications. That pursuit will be the primary subject of Redford's film.

Charlize Theron's name had surfaced in connection with the part.

Jose Rivera and Gretchen Somerfeld penned the script, while Nimbus Pictures will produce. The project was the winner last fall of a TFI Sloan Filmmaker grant at the Sundance Institute.

The Endeavor-repped Weisz stars in "Agora," Alejandro Amenabar's historical epic that premieres at the Festival de Cannes next week, and she also plays an eccentric love interest in Summit's upcoming con-man pic "The Brothers Bloom."

Weisz was recently cast in "The Whistleblower," the story of a Midwestern police officer who travels to post-war Bosnia and exposes atrocities.

Redford, also an actress (and the daughter of Robert Redford), made her directing debut with the drama "The Guitar" at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival.
source: hollywoodreporter.com
yeah, thanks lucy for the news, i can root her for this role better than Ava's

18-05-2009
V.I.P.

i have the first two without watermark and in same quality, if you want them, just PM me

18-05-2009
trendsetter

Lucy, the shots in #295 are amazing, thank you!!

fashion icon

There was a Ava Gardner VS. Hedy Lamarr on another board, and Most people said Ava was prettier, some even said Hedy wasn't that pretty. I was surprised, because I think Hedy is much more Beautiful, Ava is attractive to me, but not a great beauty. I think because Ava is a more famous actress she won.

trendsetter

Gotta love silly comparisons Ava was superbeautiful in the beginning of her career, but in general I like Hedy more. She has a devastating, intense mystique about her, and possibly the most perfect profile ever.

Source: flickr

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hedy, lamarr