How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-08-2007
V.I.P.

thank you for beautiful pics everyone!
i this photo
ebay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg udbettedavis1.jpg (79.7 KB, 9 views)

14-08-2007
Press escape to continue.

"For Whom?" published 2 August 1943 - link to the lengthy article is here.

time.com

V.I.P.

credit: rrauction

18-08-2007
front row

credit: simply classics

29-08-2007
V.I.P.

seegerpress.online

29-08-2007

This new DVD just came on on 20 August 07!

Quote:
Ingrid Bergman Portrait Released on DVD
August 1, 2007, Harrington Park, NJ… Janson Media today announced the worldwide release of the DVD, Ingrid Bergman Remembered. The title is the third to be released on DVD from the company’s Hollywood Collection, an award-winning archive of 34 movie star biographies and retrospectives produced by Wombat Productions between 1985 and 1999.

Her name conjures up beauty, grace, talent and style. One of the greatest actresses of her time, she is best remembered for a natural and vulnerable persona which was so genuine and alluring. Her cinematic contributions produced such classics as Casablanca, Gaslight, and Anastasia. But Ingrid’s story goes deeper than the triumphs of her movie career. Her life took sharp turns and led her in directions she never expected. Plagued by the scandal of her love affair and marriage to Italian film director Roberto Rossellini, Ingrid’s seeming abandonment of her husband Peter Lindstrom and daughter Pia was unexplainable. The turbulent years that followed included Ingrid’s withdrawal from Hollywood and America. Though separated from Pia while she made movies in Italy with Roberto, her time there was also joyful in the birth of her three other children, Robertino, Ingrid and Isabella. Ingrid disappeared from the public eye for over seven years, but re-emerged in the movie Anastasia, which sparked her triumphant return to America.

Ingrid Bergman Remembered is a loving retrospective of a woman who lived a remarkable life. Ingrid’s daughters Pia Lindstrom and Isabella Rossellini take a personal look back at the life of their mother. Seen from their perspective, this profile of Ingrid goes beyond the acting career and tells the story of her life from her childhood in Sweden to her premature death at age 67 from breast cancer. Replete with a wonderful assortment of rare and never-before-seen photographs and home movies, the program is rounded out by film clips and newsreels, and is narrated by Pia Lindstrom.

Ingrid Bergman Remembered was produced originally for the Lifetime Network, and is now available exclusively from Janson Media, for all television, DVD and new media markets worldwide. The DVD includes the one-hour portrait as well as several extra features, including an Ingrid Bergman Photo Gallery, an interview with filmmaker Gene Feldman, and trailers of other Hollywood Collection DVDs soon to become available.
janson.com

You can see "Under Capricorn", a Hitchcock film from 1941, here. The costuming is incredible!

V.I.P.

I saw 'Under Capricorn' a couple of years ago and it's a very good movie. Personally, I don't understand why it's not known much better in Hitchcock's movies and more mentioned in Ingrid Bergman's career. Her performance in it is just as excellent as it's in 'Spellbound' or 'Notorious'.

06-09-2007
V.I.P.

ebay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pho4259.jpg (83.2 KB, 4 views)

V.I.P.

granger

20-12-2007
V.I.P.

corbis

20-12-2007
V.I.P.

corbis

20-12-2007
V.I.P.

dr. macro

26-01-2008
scenester

STYLE NOTES: OSCAR PROTESTS

Dark Victory

Donning the Academy-recommended dark, World War II-era semiformals proved trying for some of Hollywood's Best Actress winners, but not Ingrid Bergman. "I'm not the 'chic' type—I may as well stick to clothes I feel well in," she told L.A. designer Howard Greer, who conceived what he called a "glorified peasant costume" of a dirndl skirt, billowy blouse, and embroidered cummerbund for the actress to wear to the 1945 Academy Awards. "Very simple," approved the journalist Frances Scully after Bergman accepted the 17th Best Actress Oscar for the thriller Gaslight.

from style.com

26-01-2008
you set the scene

This is sort of random, but has anyone seen the film of hers called Goodbye Again (alternatively titled Aimez-Vous Brahms?)? I saw it on TV a few months back and really liked it; she was excellent. Unfortunately it isn't on DVD though.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bergman, ingrid