How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-02-2009
V.I.P.

she already got a thread in the behind the lens forum...

04-02-2009
backstage pass

"Unique" is such an over-used word, but Isabella was truly a unique individual of which there will never be another.

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

my fav ed by him: so dark, so macabre

"The clinic"

THE FACE march 1997
Honor Fraser and Cali Rand by Sean Ellis
style by Isabella Blow (rip)

scanned by Alien Sex Friend

Last edited by Alien Sex Friend; 10-02-2009 at 04:04 AM.
10-02-2009
V.I.P.

"Taste of arsenic"

THE FACE ocotober 1996
photographed by Sean Ellis
styled by Isabella Blow

scanned by gloaming

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

" The dark knight returns"

THE FACE august 1998
Erin O`Connor, Alexander McQueen etc by Sean Ellis
styled by Isabella Blow

scanned by gloaming

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

"White dragon"

THE FACE march 1998
Camellia Clouse & Rebecca by Sean Ellis
styled by Isabella Blow

scanned by gloaming

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

"The roots"

THE FACE april 1999
Helen Stason ? by Sean Ellis
styled by Isabella Blow

scanned by gloaming

10-02-2009
loaded and locked

awesome, awesome... thank you for posting these amazing edits

05-11-2009
front row

She was the true definition of an English eccentric. I adore her quirkiness and devil-may-care attitude. She really didn't care at all what anyone thought of her and viewed fashion as art, therefore she made some very bizarre clothing choices but carried them off with aplomb. Defnitely one of my sartorial heroines!

07-11-2009
loaded and locked

don`t mean to threadjack but I found a hat maker in Japan that makes some amazing hats that I think Issy would have loved...

his site is www.nobukihizume.com he said he loved that a woman like her was so fearless...so he just left to Paris to work there *sniff*

and I have always been a fan of Issy and have been channeling her recently whenever I put on a headpiece...

I think hats will be coming back in style soon... thanks in part to Issy...and her partner in crime Daphne of course
Attached Images
File Type: jpg misha prof sm blkwht.jpg (63.7 KB, 304 views)
File Type: jpg misha-marielle.jpg (102.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg P1020925sm.jpg (155.7 KB, 0 views)

12-01-2010
V.I.P.

Her house..

http://www.indecoroustaste.com/2009/02/ode-to-isabella-blow.html

backstage pass

What a treat to see! Thank you for posting these.

windowshopping

Belted Maude - genius signature quote!

I was thinking about Issy today because I was wondering what you would have had to say about the controversy surrounding Westwood's men's show....

V.I.P.

Who has gone to see / or plan to go to / Blow by Blow @ Midtown International Theatre Festival ?
I heard about it yesterday, wanted to take a ticket for this evening or tomorrow .... it's SOLD OUT !

Quote:
Blow By Blow

Written by Jen Forcino

With Isabella's voice as a guide, Blow by Blow dramatizes the life and death of a lonely aristocrat who reinvented herself into a demanding muse and artistic force - yet couldn't wrestle the demons within her soul

Director: Sally Burtenshaw

Running time: 60 minutes
a review :
Quote:
Last night I hobbled down to midtown in this horrid heat to see the play about Isabella Blow that is getting so much hype. Part of the Midtown International Theatre Festival, Blow by Blow, written by Jean Grillo and directed by Jen Forcino, is a mélange of scenes from Izzy’s life that portrays her as sad, outdated, and uncared for by anyone except for her endearing husband, Ditmar. The thing is, most of it is made up.

Grillo didn’t know a thing about Blow but happened to see some pictures of her and thought she would make for an interesting story (Grillo being a journalist herself) . She based most of the play on one 2002 New York Observer article she read, and the rest came from her head. I am all about poetic license, but when the story is about someone so near and dear to the fashion world, it’s frustrating to think these moments when Blow is sobbing about a miscarriage or a botched suicide attempt aren’t coming from a proper source.

After the show, when my friends and I introduced ourselves to Grillo as fans of Blow’s, she nervously replied, “Oh, no! I’m most afraid of Izzy fans, since I don’t know much about her!”

Regardless, it’s always wonderful to see someone you miss or admire back in human form. The actress, Dara O’Brien, did a wonderful job observing Blow’s hand gestures, jumpy body language, and often bewildered look. There were some great lines too, most likely pulled directly from the Observer story Grillo read.

And then there were the clothes. Yikes! Grillo admitted the production had only a $200 budget for clothes, so we cant fault her on this too much, but the square-toed Payless pumps have to go. She was smart to use Izzy and Detmar’s home, The Hills, as the setting for most of the play, so Izzy is mostly in lingerie or simple home outfits. The costume designer did mimic Isabella’s famous hat that spelled BLOW for the curtain call.

Luckily, this is the first of many Isabella Blow–based pieces rolling out. There are several books and a yet-untitled movie with Philip Treacy and John Galliano as co-producers that are getting us into an Izzy tizzy already. Stay tuned.
www.sundancechannel.com/fullfrontalfashion

and a book is due on sept. 2010 :

Quote:
Blow By Blow: The Story Of Isabella Blow
Author
Detmar Blow

UK Publisher
HarperCollins (WR)

North American Publisher
HarperCollins

A life of extreme tragedy and remarkable inspiration, the story of Isabella Blow is a dramatic and compelling tale of a courageous icon. Isabella Blow was the epitome of English eccentricity. A legendary figure in the fashion world, she nurtured and championed the talent of some of fashion's most recognisable and important figures, all the time hiding her own personal unhappiness and severe depression. The news of her tragic death in 2007, aged 48, shocked the international fashion world. Her thirty year career in fashion began as Anna Wintour's assistant at American Vogue, and took in stints as fashion director of Tatler and Fashion Editor of The Sunday Times Magazine. But she is perhaps best-known for the iconic images of her in Philip Treacy's hats, the first of two designers to launch his career from the basement of Isabella and Detmar Blow's house. With similar passion and verve, Isabella enthusiastically displayed her admiration for young designer Alexander McQueen, buying his entire first collection after he graduated from Central St Martins, in a move that many believe launched his career. Detmar Blow was engaged to Isabella sixteen days after they first met in 1988, and the couple remained married until her death. In this visually stunning portrait, Detmar and Tom Sykes reveal the truth about the intriguing world of Isabella, providing incredible behind-the-scenes insight into the world of fashion and high-society, as well as tracing her ancestry and early childhood, offering a fresh and penetrating look at her domestic life, and celebrating her incredible achievements.
www.mca-agency.com

and here is a picture of Isabelle and her husband @ some art event, held in Athens @ Deste

- snap by berlinrocks ; from shortcuts catalogue

04-08-2010
don't look down

The September 2010 issue of The World of Interiors features her Gloucestershire home, Hilles House (worldofinteriors.co.uk):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hilles.jpg (57.8 KB, 10 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blow, isabella, stylist