How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2005
trendsetter

I think Jackie was attractive is a very mild and classic form. Nothing glamorous about her features, she was just simple and realistic. Personally, I think she is fantastic.

26-03-2005
trendsetter

He's a kennedy what do you expect, they only left jackie cos their wasnt any space for them and their gi-mongous teeth.

26-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Plus, she did have great style, but she was ugly as sin. Her face looks like a wrinkled prune.
Jackie was quite pretty when she was young, but her looks sort of faded as she aged. I don't think she's ugly as sin, but she doesn't have the best bone structure either.

26-03-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

can we please cease with the name calling here? If you don't like her, fine, but don't dredge it up in this thread.

Also, who cares if jackie married him for his money? He married her for her name and looks. why aren't you ragging on him about his superficiality?

26-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
can we please cease with the name calling here? If you don't like her, fine, but don't dredge it up in this thread.

Also, who cares if jackie married him for his money? He married her for her name and looks. why aren't you ragging on him about his superficiality?
agreed.

but I must say that that marriage lowered my opinion of both of them.

26-03-2005
i'm almost ready..

Celinechic, with all due respect.. I believe it is your right to respectfully state your opinions, and I have no problem reading them. However, in a thread devoted to Jackie and her style, I'm uncomfortable reading your relentless messages.. if you don't like her, state it, and move on... I believe Mercedes started this thread for those of us who admire Jackie, and I think it would be respectful to keep it that way. You don't have to like her as a person - many people admire her style and leave it there.

26-03-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorefaith
Celinechic, with all due respect.. I believe it is your right to respectfully state your opinions, and I have no problem reading them. However, in a thread devoted to Jackie and her style, I'm uncomfortable reading your relentless messages.. if you don't like her, state it, and move on... I believe Mercedes started this thread for those of us who admire Jackie, and I think it would be respectful to keep it that way. You don't have to like her as a person - many people admire her style and leave it there.
Why should this thread be any different from all the others? You should see the thread on Anna Nicole Smith, Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan

You're only saying this because I'm going against the norm of the thread. Face it, If this thread was about Britney SPears no one would have even notcied a negative comment.

It makes me uncomfortable that people have stated that this woman is attractive but I don't call you all on it. If you're uncomfotable just ignore it. Isn't that simple?

Last edited by CelineChic; 26-03-2005 at 09:06 PM.
27-03-2005
V.I.P.

where did the pics posted come from?

28-03-2005
rising star

all from http://pro.corbis.com
her sunglasses

with her sister Lee

with Valentino

28-03-2005
rising star

all pictures from http://pro.corbis.com

with her mother and father

28-03-2005
rising star

following 3 pictures and quote from http://www.swinginchicks.com

Quote:
HER '60s LOOK: Some people considered her one of America's gorgeous women in her prime; others don't put her on quite that high a level but admit that she made a lot out of what she had -- wide-set eyes, a big smile, and a glamorous, though not classically beautiful, appearance. Photographers and magazine editors loved her, for her youthful, pleasing looks were quite a contrast to elderly aspects of previous First Ladies such as Eleanor Roosevelt, Bess Truman, and Mamie Eisenhower. Jackie was on countless magazine covers, including such gossipy movie tabloids as Photoplay, which usually covered sizzling movie stars. She made the following Life covers:

in '53, an article about the JFK/Jackie courtship, the cover showing them boating; an August 24, 1959 cover showed her in pink and with pearls; on May 26, 1961, wearing bright red and her trademark pillbox hat; in September of that same year, showing off her restoration work at the White House; on December 6, 1963, while showing JFK's funeral; an April 26, 1963 issue about her childhood; a cover shot of her in Cambodia on November 17, 1967; on November 1, 1968, the coverlines read "Jackie's Wedding" and the article showed her wedding to Aristotle Onassis; in '72, a cover story about her battles with an invasive photographer; in July '89, a 60th birthday tribute; in August '99, this time with her daughter.

Tall and lean, Jackie had impeccable, aristocratic, cultivated style and brought a new youthful beauty to the White House. For the inauguration in '61, she hired designer Oleg Cassini to create her wardrobe, telling him she wanted to dress as if "Jack were President of France." Her glamorous clothes dazzled the nation and inspired a whole look, making her a role model for American women. Women even copied her hat style when Jackie accidentally dented a pillbox hat -- similar hats with similar dents suddenly became fashionable. According to the book Wild Women in the White House, a maid once pulled some sexy black lingerie from JFK's bed and handed them to Jackie, thinking the lingerie was hers. Jackie handed them to Jack with the quip, "Not my size." The same book also claims that Jackie told a reporter that she wore "sable underwear."

pictures bellow from http://pro.corbis.com
Christina Onassis, Caroline Kennedy and
Jacqueline Onassis

28-03-2005
rising star

http://www.harpersbazaar.com
excerpt from article "Jackie, Audrey and Grace Would All Be 75 This Year"
Quote:
"And I've been so influenced by Jackie's style as well. When you think of her, you can always conjure a specific picture in your mind of what she's wearing," says Jennifer, referring to the unadorned cloth coats, low-heeled pumps, shift dresses and spare elegant lines of the suits and gowns that Jackie brought to mainstream America. A decade after her death, her influence is still showing up on the runways: Oscar de la Renta reinvented her full-skirted dresses with the bow-cinched waist; Michael Kors at Celine showed her classic oversize sunglasses paired with a head scarf; and her signature color palette of icy pink , yellow blue and green was used in the spring collections of Valentino and Versace.

More than any other first lady, Jackie possessed the charisma and photogenic qualities of a movie star, marking a departure from matronly foerunners like Eleanor Roosevelt, Bess Truman and Mamie Eisenhower. How fitting for the young woman whose Miss Porter's School yearbook entry declared that her life ambition was "not to be a housewife." When Jackie moved into the White House in 1961, she looked like anything but a housewife, wearing significant jewelry and fur coats and changing her hairdo according to whim and occasion-French twists, bouffant bobs, chignons, even wigs.

Jackie's atypical good looks stood in stark contrast to the era's pervasive ideas of beauty: Her yeyes were set a little too far apart, her teeth crooked, her face too wide, her feet size 10; everything about her was larger than life and slightly out of proportion. Crucial to Jackie's style legacy was her ability to edit and cultivate her attributes-assets and flaws alike. She hid her imperfect teeth with a demure smile and she chose her clothing (favoring Givenchy, she had American-made incarnations of his designs created by Oleg Cassini during her tenure as first lady) in order to maximize what she thought was a less-than-ideal body. She was ultimately so successful in her efforts that the 1962 Miss America publicly lamented , "If only I looked like Jackie." But Jackie wasn't the only role model influencing women of her day, and the first lady herself cited Audrey Hepburn as a major inspiration.
all pictures from http://pro.corbis.com

Lee, Anthony and Jackie

Last edited by Mercedes; 28-03-2005 at 04:30 PM.
29-03-2005
front row

I love her..one of the greatest celebs of all times

29-03-2005
I loved you

Quote:
According to the book Wild Women in the White House, a maid once pulled some sexy black lingerie from JFK's bed and handed them to Jackie, thinking the lingerie was hers. Jackie handed them to Jack with the quip, "Not my size." The same book also claims that Jackie told a reporter that she wore "sable underwear."
what a mature response... I'm amazed. I'm also amazed how she looks so elegant and sophisticated in every picture.

30-03-2005
i'm almost ready..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
jacqueline, kennedy, onassis