How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-03-2011
V.I.P.

Maria Schneider
She was a radiant actress with a tormented soul. Everybody remembers her in Bernardo Bertolucci Last tango in Paris.
What do you think of her style?

02-03-2011
V.I.P.

isopix.be
[img]http://i68.************/u/f68/11/78/63/65/isop1289.jpg[/img]

01/07/2004 MARIA SCHNEIDER ASSISTAIT A LA PROJECTION DE FARENHEIT "9/11" FILM REALISE PAR MICHAEL MOORE

02-03-2011
V.I.P.

isopix.be
[img]http://i68.************/u/f68/11/78/63/65/isop1293.jpg[/img]

MARIA SCHNEIDER (SHORT FILM JURY MEMBER) arrives at the opening ceremony at the Baadi Palace in Marrakech October 3, 2003

17-03-2011
rising star

Thank you for creating this thread, alicia 753. Maria Schneider was a brilliant actress, especially remarkable in Antonioni's Profession Reporter, with Jack Nicholson, in 1975. She is one of those actresses that should have lasted, there was that special aura about her. From the pictures you posted, she seemed to have found a hybrid style, neither quite here nor there. It is my impression she did not care, it was her face and her presence on screen that mattered. As she grew older, her face acquired that depth that comes with hard living, hard thinking, wanting to be oneself, feeling perhaps a bit of disconnect with the rest of the world and especially the new youth she had helped deliver, like Brigitte Bardot, her friend, in yet an earlier generation. She obviously rejected cosmetic surgery and there is a strange question mark on her face, as if she were looking to a solution to a problem and wanted to maintain or regain her dignity. A really haunting face, and the sort of "an icon is born" look, from that first film maudit. She would have made a heck of a character actress, given the right director.

17-03-2011
rising star

She would have been perfect in True Grit, not that there is anything wrong with Haylee Steinferd. Maybe I say this because of the picture of her with the hat.

04-04-2011
backstage pass

CiaoVogue

05-04-2011
V.I.P.

Gorgeous!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
maria, schneider