How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-04-2006
rising star

She was such a free spirit too. When you read some of her quotes it's amazing how well she knew herself, considering she was only 26 when she died. She was not only beautiful and sweet but she was so intelligent too. I don't think she ever got as much credit as she deserved

28-04-2006
Been things & seen places

found this reminiscing of her friendship with Sharon by Sheila Wells:
"In all the thousands of words that have been printed about her since her death, none really told about my friend....about the Sharon I knew.

"We were introduced by a wonderful man who was my agent as well as hers, Hal Gefsky. We got along so well that the first week we met we decided to try and find an apartment together. And that's how it all started....our friendship.

"The place we shared was a nice one bedroom apartment on Clark Drive. It was tastefully decorated in early actress. And there were all these people always dropping in. Sharon really loved being hospitable.

"From the beginning, my friends used to tease me. 'How can you wake up in the morning and look at that face of hers?' It was a good question. Sharon was so overwhelmingly, so incredibly beautiful that anyone not knowing her might think it took a lot to live with such a beauty. But you see, that was another thing about Sharon. With all her beauty, everyone loved her. I never heard anyone say a bad word about her, not even another actress. And in this town that's not only a rarity, it's an impossibility!

"I think the greatest thing I could say about Sharon was that she was for real. I mean really for real. Like I said, I haven't heard any stories or news reports that tell about Sharon the way she really was. Even I, who loved her, find it hard to say what I mean so that she doesn't come out sounding all spun sugary. Sharon was the type of a girl who had no defenses, no pretenses, she was just herself all the time. Like if a friend said, 'Hey, that brand of toothpaste you're using is no good. It hurts the enamel.' Most people would answer back, 'Well, maybe you think so, but my dentist recommended it, so there.' You know, on the defensive.

But if you said the same thing to Sharon, she'd look at you wide-eyed and say, 'Oh, really? No kidding? Gee, bad for the enamel? Then I guess I'd better change brands.' It was this incredible talent of hers for believing everybody, for being so easily persuaded, that may have eventually done her more harm than good.

"She was so trusting, so eager to accept people as they were, so generous. Why, there were times, this past year or so, when a whole bunch of people would be at her house and she'd come up to me and say, 'Hey, I wonder who so and so is . . .' Just like it wasn't her house and she wasn't entitled to know. Sharon never shut her door to anyone.

"Anyway, we shared an apartment for a year. Then Sharon left. For a while she dated Jay Sebring and then she went off to Europe to make a film.She met Roman over there.

"You know something funny. I've never seen Sharon on film. I know that sounds strange but I just never did, even as close as we were-or perhaps because we were so close. It's like if a friend said to you, 'I did something yesterday and it wasn't very good, so don't tell.' If you were a close friend, you wouldn't. Well, that's how Sharon felt about her movies. Always she'd tell me, 'Oh, Sheila, the movie I just made was so awful, don't bother going to see it.' And because I had such love and respect for our friendship, I never did.

"As far as Sharon and her relationships with people, she always had a way of finding such goodness in others. If someone hurt her, she'd say,'Oh, Sheilah, I'm sure they didn't mean to.' She'd always make excuses for others. Sharon was just totally loving and also totally vulnerable. She was just a remarkable person, she never gave up on anybody ....

"Sharon used to say that Wende Wagner and I were her two closest friends. Wende is married to Jim Mitchum. She's a darling girl. Both of us, I think, represented a kind of security and stability that Sharon never seemed to find. We were her touch with the real world. Both Wende and I make up our minds to do a thing and then go ahead and do it. But Sharon was always so easily persuaded, so vulnerable. I keep using that word but it's one that fits her so well. Vulnerable. "

all from :
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Boulevard
more by Sheila on the geocities site as well as the following photos

Last edited by Orchide; 28-04-2006 at 05:21 AM.
28-04-2006
tfs star

^such a sweet article

28-04-2006

There is much more that she said on the site- some of it relates to Sharon's passing and is kinda sad- but yes, a great article from someone who loved Sharon...she named her daughter for her
Found some great pictures/stills from "The Wrecking Crew (1968) she made this film with Dean Martin:

(sharontate.info)

scenester

More on Sharon Tate Style
Hey,

Thanks for all the photos everyone.

I bought an issue of Allure for May 2006 yesterday and I noticed some photos in it that reminded me of Sharon's style. I hope you enjoy them!

The first one reminds me of her hair and makeup and the 2nd one of Beyonce's hair reminds me of her hair in Valley of the Dolls and the third reminds me of Sharon in Valley also.

CC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan1.JPG (60.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg scan10001.JPG (37.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg scan10002.JPG (160.8 KB, 5 views)

28-04-2006
tfs star

wow these pictures just took my breath away - i hope they arn't re-posts

[simply classics]

28-04-2006

^ you aren't kidding she is amazingly beautiful...jawdroppingly so

V.I.P.

superiorpics.com

Thank you Pink Lippie

V.I.P.

2 pics from the "vampire" movie
source - ebay

tfs star

ooooh red hair

08-05-2006
backstage pass

the pics are from the official sharon tate message board (great site) and ebay

Last edited by Ybmug; 22-05-2007 at 07:34 AM.
08-05-2006
backstage pass

same sources

08-05-2006
backstage pass

some more pics on sharon from the official sharon tate message board

08-05-2006
backstage pass

from ebay

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
sharon, tate