How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-05-2006
backstage pass

Oh sooooo gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-05-2006
windowshopping

great pictures guys! this may sound silly, but does anyone else think that patti tate looks a bit like priscilla presley when she was younger? anyways here are more pics. i think one of these is a repost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hair flying 2.JPG (19.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg hair in the air 2.JPG (18.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg sharon 2.JPG (19.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg great hair2.JPG (12.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by valleyofthedolls; 08-05-2006 at 10:10 PM.
08-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyofthedolls
great pictures guys! this may sound silly, but does anyone else think that patti tate looks a bit like priscilla presley when she was younger? anyways here are more pics. i think one of these is a repost.
Dont you mean Debra Tate, Sharons other sister?

08-05-2006
Storm & Sommer

Mina KF please post proper credits - google is a search machine and not the actual site of the picture and can therefor not be used as credit.
Please read up on tFS's crediting do's and dont's here : http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ory-42390.html
valleyofthedolls please add credits or your pictures will be deleted

09-05-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanne
Mina KF please post proper credits - google is a search machine and not the actual site of the picture and can therefor not be used as credit.
Oops sorry!!! I dont remember the link, but i did find it on google a long time ago though.

Feel free to delete it.

09-05-2006
scenester

Hey Orchide,

I found another translated foreign article where Shelia Wells talks about Sharon. I hope you and everyone here enjoys it.

Constanze Magazine Dec. 15, 1970

"She liked all people."

"She looked self-confident and well-balanced. Finally, she seemed to find herself," says Sheliah Wells, the 26 year-old-actress and for six years Sharon Tate's best friend, who has tears in her eyes when she speaks with Constanze about the murder in Bel Air.

"I do not understand how Sharon could get involved with these hippies. But she saw in every person only the good."

In the sitting room of her house in Laurel Canyon, from where one can see Hollywood the elegant Sheilah sits with us. In her arm she holds her eight month-old baby, Amanda Tate.

"Sharon was Amanda's Godmother," says Sheila as she holds her baby near. "And the baby's middle name is named after Sharon, Amanda Tate."

Shelia strokes her baby's hair. She remembers: "Sharon loved children above everything. Actually, she loved all people. In all the time I knew her she never had a bad word to say about anyone. On the contrary: If I was sometimes complained about something someone said to me with Sharon, she'd always say: ' I am sure they did not mean it that way.' She was a really good person. She could not say no to anyone."

However, this trait could get Sharon into trouble as Sheila also adds: "All these people where always around Sharon ...and I have often said to her that she should be a little more careful in her contact with them. About four weeks before her death Sharon visited me. She said that someone gave a birthday party at her house yet she hardly knew anyone who attended."

Sheila goes on to add: "I want to make one more point about how Sharon could not hurt anyone's feelings. Abigail Folger and Voyteck Frykowski who lived in Sharon's house had drapped an American flag over the sofa in the sitting room." How could any true American take the holiest good of the nation--the American flag and do this as a joke was how Sheila reacted. She asked Sharon, who was educated as an officer's daughter, how she could tolerate this crime to the flag. "Do you know what she answered?" In Sheilah's voice we hear a surprise, when she says what Sharon's reaction was. "She said: ' Yes, I also do not agree with it. But I may spoil Gibby and Voyteck's fun if I say anything.' "

There were also drugs being taken around her by the Millionairess and her Polish lover (Abigail Folger and Voyteck Frykowski). Although most were suppose to be of the harmless kind. Sheila nods: "I remember an evening in July, about three weeks before the murder. I was with Sharon in the bedroom watching television. In the sitting room on the sofa lay Gibby and Frykowski. Sharon pointed at the both and said sighing: 'These people ... I do not understand this, they are always stoned. ' "

But wasn't Sharon known to also partake in drugs? The Hollywood Reporter stated that Sharon had tried LSD and other drugs. Sheila twitches her shoulders. "I can say nothing in addition. With me Sharon has never spoken about these things. Maybe, she has tried out marijuana, but everybody here in Hollywood has. But I am definitely sure: Since she expected the baby, she did not take anything. Sharon was so glad, so incredibly excited about her child, she would do absolutely nothing that might affect or hurt him."

Sheila believes, like so many people in Hollywood, that Sharon was a victim of her own kindness. Because she was not able to make a distinction between friends and enemies, she left herself vunerable.

Of their marriage, Shelia says, the Polanskis "always welcomed you in. Sharon always made everything like a fairytale. They educated themselves together with each other."

CC

09-05-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina_KF
Dont you mean Debra Tate, Sharons other sister?
no. i am talking about patti tate, their middle sister.

anyways the first two pictures are from simplyclassics.net, the other two are from a message board called "beautiful soul" (http://lovelysharon.proboards35.com) but they closed it down a couple of months ago.

10-05-2006
backstage pass

i love this thread hear are some more pics from member.aol.com/buddy269/sharontate.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sharontate.jpg (12.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg sharontate1.jpg (17.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg sharontate2.jpg (28.1 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg sharontate3.jpg (26.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg sharontate4.jpg (17.6 KB, 15 views)

10-05-2006
windowshopping

oh i LOVE that first pic you posted rayder. thank you!

10-05-2006
Been things & seen places

thanks everyone for the articles & lovely photos

backstage pass

thats ok i have lost more pics to put up

12-05-2006
tfs star

gosh both of those articles are just heart-breaking

12-05-2006
backstage pass

hear are some nice pics i've have lots more pics to put up.member.aol.com/bubby269/sharontatehtml
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sharontate20.jpg (30.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg sharontate19.jpg (20.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg sharontate18.jpg (27.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg sharontate17.jpg (16.8 KB, 483 views)
File Type: jpg sharontate16.jpg (21.1 KB, 11 views)

12-05-2006
tfs star

gee thanks rayder

12-05-2006
backstage pass

that ok i have lost more of her i well put them up

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
sharon, tate