How to Join
the Fashion Spot / All Things Vintage / Icons From The Past
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-04-2008
backstage pass

I do try to find these gems. They are out there & we just have to dig them up somehow!

24-04-2008
front row

here's a photo of talitha from ebay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b111_1-1.jpg (38.5 KB, 15 views)

27-04-2008
clever ain't wise

^Wow, she is so very beautiful. Thanks Dandelion!

28-04-2008
backstage pass

And here are the other two that appeared on ebay....96c1_1.jpg

397a_1.jpg And I was the girl who bought them. So when they arrive - no printing on the pics and decent sized ones as well. Be patient and soon I will scan them for one and all! Source: ebay.com

09-05-2008
backstage pass

New Talitha Pics Just In!
Oh I was so excited to have this issue of Vogue (Paris) in my possession. And I want to share them with you. Not as many as I would have liked, but very nice nonetheless.....paris vogue2 cover april 1970.jpg

paris vogue april 70 hair by christopher of vidal sassoon.jpg

paris vogue april 70 inside cover.jpg

paris vogue april 70 leopard skin.jpg

paris vogue april 70 forte et fragile.jpg Source: Vogue Paris - April 1970 - Photos by Jeanloup Sieff- Scanned by Me! (I have a set of three bigger photos coming from the set above this post - so keep posted for the latest.)

09-05-2008
front row

Was she a popular model? I've seen a great deal of pictures of her from 66'ish to 71'. Or is it more so because of her marriage to Getty??

10-05-2008
backstage pass

Thank you again, ruslana! The photos are beautiful - thanks for sharing them with us!

backstage pass

You're welcome! As to popular model, I don't think it was her goal. I know she studied acting & that was something she wanted to get more involved. But she was quite the stunning beauty. And by what I've seen in her pics, she was such a chameleon. So different in each of them. Eva LaDiva - what's your take?

11-05-2008
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslana rules View Post
You're welcome! As to popular model, I don't think it was her goal. I know she studied acting & that was something she wanted to get more involved. But she was quite the stunning beauty. And by what I've seen in her pics, she was such a chameleon. So different in each of them. Eva LaDiva - what's your take?
Ahhh, I see. I was just rather confused, you know? Was her fame from her marriage or her modeling?? She was very beautiful! =)

11-05-2008
backstage pass

She was already semi-famous in her own right before she married John Paul Getty Jr. She had co-starring roles in a few B-movies before she met Paul and eventually married him. I'm not sure how good her acting was, so I don't know if she could have had a successful career or not. John Paul really loved her, and she had a major impact on his style - look at how he went from business suits to hippie garb (one magazine I have even pokes fun at him for carrying a messenger bag) after they married. I'd love to have seen their home in Morocco - I can't imagine how it was decorated.In those ebay photos, the wallpaper behind Talitha is of Talitha topless, so I wonder if it was a bit on the gaudy side.
I'm no expert on her; as a matter of fact, I need to have several of my magazines translated.
I do have an English magazine with a big story about their son, Tara. He says he doesn't have much memory about his mother. And after she died, his father became a recluse, and left Tara to be raised by Talitha's parents. Tara looks very Dutch, and not at all like the Gettys. He seems very happy, intelligent and is quite the philanthropist. I'll try to scan it one day and post it.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaLaDiva View Post
She was already semi-famous in her own right before she married John Paul Getty Jr. She had co-starring roles in a few B-movies before she met Paul and eventually married him. I'm not sure how good her acting was, so I don't know if she could have had a successful career or not. John Paul really loved her, and she had a major impact on his style - look at how he went from business suits to hippie garb (one magazine I have even pokes fun at him for carrying a messenger bag) after they married. I'd love to have seen their home in Morocco - I can't imagine how it was decorated.In those ebay photos, the wallpaper behind Talitha is of Talitha topless, so I wonder if it was a bit on the gaudy side.
I'm no expert on her; as a matter of fact, I need to have several of my magazines translated.
I do have an English magazine with a big story about their son, Tara. He says he doesn't have much memory about his mother. And after she died, his father became a recluse, and left Tara to be raised by Talitha's parents. Tara looks very Dutch, and not at all like the Gettys. He seems very happy, intelligent and is quite the philanthropist. I'll try to scan it one day and post it.
Ahhh, OK thanks so much for clearing that up...I had tried to find info on her, but it's soo hard to come across.

I had been wondering about those pics of her in front of the wallpaper, but thanks for clarifying. I didn't really realize there were any pictures of Tara either - although I had seen something in Architectural Digest about he and his wifes villa in South Africa.

13-05-2008
backstage pass

Speaking of those pictures in front of the wallpaper - my set just came in. So now you can view it without annoying print covering the pic. For your viewing pleasure.....talitha in darkness.jpg

talitha with her own backgrownd.jpg

talitha with lizard.jpgSource: my prints - photographer Elisabetta Catalano - Scanned by Me! Just curious - what did Architectural Digest have to say about Talitha? Any pics?

15-05-2008
front row

Oh no, there was nothing about her - but her son Tara & his wife Jessica. It was just a cover on a Getty house/villa in Southern Africa.

It would be interesting to know...anyone whose ever seen her in movies, did she have an accent? I'm under the impression that she spent most, if not all, of her life living in Europe - particularly England - did she have a British accent??

Last edited by Alber Elbaz; 15-05-2008 at 01:05 PM.
15-05-2008
trendsetter

Lovely photos ruslana rules! Thank you for sharing.

The only movie I've seen her in is Barbarella and I don't think she had any lines. Here are a few screen captures (which probably have already been posted):

http://groups.msn.com/CultishCelebsIcons

V.I.P.

Ruslana thanks a million for the VP scans, is there a chance you could tell me who the photographer was?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
getty, talitha