How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-11-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
I would actually love to see that. The old shows were hot! Now it's not...I don't get it. It's like they're designing outfits for Katy Perry (in fact, I think that is what Todd does on the side)...

I know the VS show gets a lot of negative responses from the general public and the fashion crowd doesn't seem to think it's as great as it used to be!
Honestly, I was a HUGE VSFS fan since I was like 12 or 13 but seriously, after last year, no after 2009 actually I got so disappointed that I'm not even expecting something good from VSFS. It turned into a Halloween party in glam underwear.
I've just found out yesterday that the show is actually today so I'm like whatever. As far as I've seen some of the pics I'm not a fan.

07-11-2012
backstage pass

when I remember those pics of barbara in this special lingerie collection, God I would have loved to see that on the runway... instead it looks like 2013 Halloween costume collection

I am quite disappointed, putting the most beautiful girl in lingerie and making them not sexy, that's is ART!

07-11-2012
tfs star

Isabeli has two looks!

07-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by pen6693 View Post
They do get negative responses, but we're not what VS is aiming for. I feel like when they say they "outdo" themselves every year, they actually get tackier. They target the celebrities who will go & fall in love with the show, target those teenage girls with those silly outfits. IDK, I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up anymore.
I think the celebrities go there for the free stuff and they basically get even more press around them. It's also a concert for a lot of people.
I think a lot of women over 21 know that VS isn't the sexiest lingerie in the world. Agent Provocateur just teamed up with Penelope Cruz to do a diffusion line too..

I find it strange and odd for the 11-15 crowd today. A lot of times the media paint the picture of what is sexy for kids and they carry that into adulthood. So I wonder if the very young generation go hormonally heated up over these types of get-ups...because I certainly don't! I did when I saw the old shows. I grew up with Madonna, the sex book, etc

07-11-2012
V.I.P.

judging the BS pics posted, Magdalena and Shanina are my fav so far. also loving isabeli, bregje, alessandra....and of course Candice

07-11-2012
backstage pass

#Lindsay #Candice #Justin #Backstage

startraks

07-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
I think the celebrities go there for the free stuff and they basically get even more press around them. It's also a concert for a lot of people.
I think a lot of women over 21 know that VS isn't the sexiest lingerie in the world. Agent Provocateur just teamed up with Penelope Cruz to do a diffusion line too..

I find it strange and odd for the 11-15 crowd today. A lot of times the media paint the picture of what is sexy for kids and they carry that into adulthood. So I wonder if the very young generation go hormonally heated up over these types of get-ups...because I certainly don't! I did when I saw the old shows. I grew up with Madonna, the sex book, etc
^You could say that for the PINK line, but the other segments of the show are very adult-directioned. That's my main problem with Victoria's Secret now. It is not serious as a lingerie show, but it desperately wants to be taken seriously, and that irritates me the most about it. So I just don't. And I can't be bothered anymore.

07-11-2012
front row

I read a tweet earlier saying the're doing the show twice, one at 4pm the other at 8pm, is this true??? Not many pics coming out ATM...

07-11-2012
backstage pass

^ Yep they do it twice.

07-11-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrbates View Post
I read a tweet earlier saying the're doing the show twice, one at 4pm the other at 8pm, is this true??? Not many pics coming out ATM...
same every year
they tape it twice (hence the goofs sometimes)

07-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneSkipper View Post
^You could say that for the PINK line, but the other segments of the show are very adult-directioned. That's my main problem with Victoria's Secret now. It is not serious as a lingerie show, but it desperately wants to be taken seriously, and that irritates me the most about it. So I just don't. And I can't be bothered anymore.
Have you ever looked at the Agent Provocateur website? Or like other lingerie brands out there? Now that's adult-direction and sexy and forward thinking!

07-11-2012
backstage pass

Oookay guys I need to go eat dinner, there better not be 40+ pages when I get back lol

07-11-2012
tfs star

We should all keep our eyes peeled on youtube or twitter for videos. sometimes some overly excited audience member will post snippets or sometimes segment long videos!

i remember in 2009 someone posted the full opening of the first segment. with the lasers, music and neon pink Angel a la 2003. I saved the video but it got lost when my computer died so keep your eyes peeled!

07-11-2012
V.I.P.

Ahh need to see more pictures! Now would be good hahhahah

07-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
We should all keep our eyes peeled on youtube or twitter for videos. sometimes some overly excited audience member will post snippets or sometimes segment long videos!

i remember in 2009 someone posted the full opening of the first segment. with the lasers, music and neon pink Angel a la 2003. I saved the video but it got lost when my computer died so keep your eyes peeled!
Just did google search, found one uploaded by CBSNewsOnline on youtube but not available in my country. If someone could use keepvid and uploadf onto their own account...

Or here is the link on their own website: ww.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50134714n

Its backstage and has Karlie in the video image.

Last edited by alexrbates; 07-11-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria