How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-11-2012
V.I.P.

I like Lily and agree that overall she handles her angel duties quite well. IMO her only bad walk on the VS runway was in last year's ballet segment, however her other walks worked because she injected personality in them, but there are technical issues with her walk like she leads with her shoulders and is not all that graceful.

Last edited by agee; 13-11-2012 at 01:09 PM.

13-11-2012
V.I.P.

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 Backstage: What is Sexy?

SHANINA SHAIK BACKSTAGE AT VICTORIA'S SECRET 2012

Backstage Beauty: 2012 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

JOURDAN DUNN BACKSTAGE AT VICTORIA'S SECRET 2012

VICTORIA'S SECRET: HOW TO BECOME AN ANGEL

13-11-2012
front row

Reading through some comments, I gotta agree that I don't know why VS loves Cameron Russell so much. I don't find her particularly beautiful, she's stiff on the runway (and looks like she's concentrating too hard), and I also thought her reluctance to dance "gangnam style" in that video was a little telling...hmmmm, a model who's about to parade in underwear doesn't want to dance because of a short robe?? All the others Doutzen, Ale, Barbara F and esp Shanina and Jasmine were having so much fun. Replace Cameron with Emily I say.

Also agree upthread about Jessica Hart - she's OK for VS catalogue, but she looked awkward on that runway in the photos and video I've seen. Perhaps wearing bicycle handlebars does that to a girl, but I really wish Sara Sampaio had been given a chance -she would have been cute.

13-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
I been looking at videos of Lily to see what's so bad about her walk and I can't tell. Could someone point it out to me?
You can't tell? I would help point out what's wrong with her walk but it's easier to point out what's right, and the only thing that's right is that she somehow gets to the end of the runway and back.
Posted via Mobile Device

13-11-2012
V.I.P.

Exclusive interview with Victoria's Secret's Izabel Goulart

The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012

14-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen-rox View Post
You can't tell? I would help point out what's wrong with her walk but it's easier to point out what's right, and the only thing that's right is that she somehow gets to the end of the runway and back.
Posted via Mobile Device
Too good!!

14-11-2012
backstage pass

Iza: we have Justin Timber... Justin Bieber

14-11-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBabushka View Post
Reading through some comments, I gotta agree that I don't know why VS loves Cameron Russell so much. I don't find her particularly beautiful, she's stiff on the runway (and looks like she's concentrating too hard), and I also thought her reluctance to dance "gangnam style" in that video was a little telling...hmmmm, a model who's about to parade in underwear doesn't want to dance because of a short robe?? All the others Doutzen, Ale, Barbara F and esp Shanina and Jasmine were having so much fun. Replace Cameron with Emily I say.
I saw all the negativity towards Cameron too and i just don't get it, in my opinion she is gorgeous. She has that old school bombshell look about her that i adore. As for refusing to do the dance, that's neither here or there, it hardly defines her character because she refused to do it....and if the Emily you are talking about is Didonato then she deserves her own spot in the show for sure, she doesn't need to replace anyone imo.

....And again with the Lily-walk bashing!! The fashion show is just one aspect of an Angel's duties, and i don't really follow her career outside of VS so please correct me if i'm wrong but she isn't exactly a HF favorite so as far as i'm aware this really is the only fashion show she participates in all year so i don't exactly expect her to be up there with the Klosss & the Linchuks of the business. And i honestly think as far as print & media work goes she outshines some of the others, like Heatherton who is as dull as dishwater.

Last edited by Bobby153; 14-11-2012 at 11:30 AM.

14-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby153 View Post
I saw all the negativity towards Cameron too and i just don't get it, in my opinion she is gorgeous. She has that old school bombshell look about her that i adore. As for refusing to do the dance, that's neither here or there, it hardly defines her character because she refused to do it....and if the Emily you are talking about is Didonato then she deserves her own spot in the show for sure, she doesn't need to replace anyone imo.

....And again with the Lily-walk bashing!! The fashion show is just one aspect of an Angel's duties, and i don't really follow her career outside of VS so please correct me if i'm wrong but she isn't exactly a HF favorite so as far as i'm aware this really is the only fashion show she participates in all year so i don't exactly expect her to be up there with the Klosss & the Linchuks of the business. And i honestly think as far as print & media work goes she outshines some of the others, like Heatherton who is as dull as dishwater.
Where did you see the negativity towards Cameron Russell? And you cannot compare Maryna Linchuck with Karlie Kloss. I think Maryna's walk is much better and she is gorgeous and sexy! I can't believe she wasn't picked for the show

14-11-2012
backstage pass

Earlier in the thread when the casting details were coming out slowly, and it wasn't negativity per say, maybe that was the wrong word to use but a lot of people were just saying they didn't understand her appeal for VS and that the only reason she's in the show is because she's American.

I wasn't comparing Kloss to Linchuk I was just using two random examples of good runway walkers Lol, but yes I agree with you I'd take Maryna over Karlie too. IMO Maryna is one if the strongest walkers in the business, I missed her at the show this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

14-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby153 View Post
Earlier in the thread when the casting details were coming out slowly, and it wasn't negativity per say, maybe that was the wrong word to use but a lot of people were just saying they didn't understand her appeal for VS and that the only reason she's in the show is because she's American.

I wasn't comparing Kloss to Linchuk I was just using two random examples of good runway walkers Lol, but yes I agree with you I'd take Maryna over Karlie too. IMO Maryna is one if the strongest walkers in the business, I missed her at the show this year.
Posted via Mobile Device
I see people are saying the same about Karlie Kloss, that she is in the show only because she's American and Vogue's protegee. She always gets the most amount of negativity and that people don't find her sexy at all.

14-11-2012
front row

I am one of those persons that don't see Cameron's appeal. She doesn't look bad and her walk is good, but to me she doesn't stand out.

Karlie does and while many people (me included) don't like her for Victoria's Secret, they still talk about her which probably isn't the worst thing for VS.

Last edited by MsMornings; 14-11-2012 at 01:47 PM.

14-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMornings View Post
I am one of those persons that don't see Cameron's appeal. She doesn't look bad and her walk is good, but to me she doesn't stand out.

Karlie does and while many people (me included) don't like her for Victoria's Secret, they still talk about her which probably isn't the worst thing for VS.
I know right! I'm beginning to believe VS hires Karlie just so people get angry and post all the negative comments on their videos, any publicity is good publicity. That is why I find that whole Native Indian headdress 'scandal' very dodgy!

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

Bastidores do desfile da Victoria's Secret

Exclusive- Victoria's Secret Angels Reveal Their Naughty Side

14-11-2012
backstage pass

it's (almost) showtime

VS youtube

Last edited by tangerine; 14-11-2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: fixed link

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags