How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-11-2012
trendsetter

Did anyone else notice that PINK! was supposed to be a pinball machine? lol
AND did anyone else see a PINK! dog... or did I just not see one?

15-11-2012
V.I.P.

^ good catch, I thought they were just randomly placed objects so Bieber could jump around LOL but now it makes sense

15-11-2012
backstage pass

The Pink section was such a big mess this year, more so than usual. For me personally segments without any of the angels just don't work, the last one, as far as I can remember, was The Age of Elegance in 2007 and I wasn't keen on that either. I don't know why and I can't really put my finger on it but the angels are sort of the glue that holds the show together, without them it sort of falls flat.
Posted via Mobile Device

15-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fascination90 View Post
I wonder when they come up with "Victor's secret" and make an all men fashion show ...in addition to the women's fashion show of course
Ok, I'm dreaming again, but I just imagined David Gandy opening
I have always said we NEED a male form of Victoria's Secret but I know that this won't happen anytime soon. I don't think the world can digest sexualizing men like it celebrates sexualizing women. But girls AND gay guys can imagine right? And think how gorgeous the male models would look with wings

Source: whatevermakessense.tumblr

Last edited by Maximilian S; 15-11-2012 at 12:44 PM.

16-11-2012
front row

Angels In Bloom fittings

youtube/10magazineblog

they should have kept that garter belt on the Candice's look. It looked so lovely.

16-11-2012
backstage pass

Thank you for the video.

I'm glad they got rid of the garter belt, it hides her killer waist.
Lily should have kept the yellow outfit, she looked gorgeous in it.
....and Toni sweetie, you look rough!
Posted via Mobile Device

16-11-2012
fashion insider

I don't like most of the outfits this year. Toni got two of the worst. Seriously they gave the most hideous outfits to one of the most stunning girl! Same with Bregje, its like they're trying to diminish their sex appeal.

16-11-2012
V.I.P.

Fittings [HQ]

vspressroom.com

16-11-2012
fashion elite

Gorgeous goddess Hilary
Posted via Mobile Device

16-11-2012
V.I.P.

It's like they made those outfits for Hilary.

16-11-2012
tfs star

Yes, Hilary looked absolutely flawless in that second outfit! She and Isabeli were the only 'women' aside from the older angels who truly rocked it! Wish VS casted more women like them! If you look at their pictures you can truly tell how well they stood out from the other girls.

EDIT: Erin should have at least been in the last segment or something. It's weird how she just 'disappears' after the second segment when she is such a main face of the brand. They should have put her in Karlie's outfit for angels in bloom IMO and just given Karlie two outfits (not 3).

Barbara should have been given a second outfit in PINK. That would definitely rally up viewers to see her and Justin interact on stage. I would have been in favor of dropping a one-outfit PINK girl (Maud, Jac Jab, Dorothea...) in favor of giving Palvin another outfit.

Last edited by Gabriel29; 16-11-2012 at 08:51 PM.

16-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
Barbara should have been given a second outfit in PINK. That would definitely rally up viewers to see her and Justin interact on stage. I would have been in favor of dropping a one-outfit PINK girl (Maud, Jac Jab, Dorothea...) in favor of giving Palvin another outfit.
Actually all the PINK girls got only one outfit.
If you look closely, you can see PINK girls had different make-up from the girls in the other sections.
They didn't have those cat eye shadow. So that's probably why Barbara(or any Angels) wasn't in the PINK setion.

17-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
I don't like most of the outfits this year. Toni got two of the worst. Seriously they gave the most hideous outfits to one of the most stunning girl! Same with Bregje, its like they're trying to diminish their sex appeal.
Toni completely lucked out this year. The clown was bad enough, but the back of the Angels in Bloom outfit looks like some mutant tomato - she deserved better! Didn't like Bregje's feathery number either.

So Doutzen was originally fitted for Calendar Girls as the New Year girl. She looks quite uncomfortable in that photo - it doesn't suit her at all. I'm glad it went to Erin. And Lily was originally meant to get what Shanina eventually wore. According to Shanina's VS diary (which is on the Vogue Australia website and on her thread) she was meant to be the cheerleader, which ended up going to Izabel, but was fitted for the outfit Lily's wearing 2 days before the show.

But I'm glad VS didn't decide to go for a red headed leprechaun - it would have been downright insulting if they finally casted Cintia just for that purpose.

17-11-2012
tfs star

I don't follow VS threads very often, so I don't know if this has been posted but the resemblance is uncanny.

Might as well put a blue wig to Jourdan.

Source: levelup.com

17-11-2012
front row

VS was talking about "epic references to pop culture" before the show, so I guess this is one of those.

Like the bikehandle-outfit comes from George Michael's Too Funky video (thanks melfreya) and Maud got an "Alice in Wonderland" outfit.

Maybe we can find more

Last edited by MsMornings; 17-11-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria