How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-12-2012
tfs star

Circus segment was the best for me. Best music (loved the remixes, very 2003), it actually showed the models WALKING (not just posing at the end). Great line up too, had all the major girls in it. Plus it was very high energy which I liked.

04-12-2012
trendsetter

CIRCUS, was the best!!!!
The opening was the most exciting.
The models looked over-tanned.
Bieber wasn't bad.................... Bruno Mars was great, I loved the whole Erin drama in the beginning.
They absolutely dissed Cara. Only showed her for like a second.
Magdalena in Silver Screen Angels was just the most flawless thing I've seen, the whole transition to the next model was perfect.

04-12-2012
front row

I wish we'd had more segments like Circus. Love the remixes and miss them. Too many performers this year. Three performers and a performance in every segment but one is overkill. Bruno Mars was perfect though but it should've been only him. He fit the show so well and let the ladies shine.

Not sure about the runway being so big but the backdrop was really great. It'd been boring in recent shows so that's an improvement. I just want to see more of the models and their walks! It felt more like a concert this year than a lingerie fashion show :p

I hope Doutzen gets to open the show next year or gets the fantasy bra. She really shined. Loved Behati too. She transitioned to mainline so well. Wish we'd seen more of her Calendar Girls walk/outfit.

04-12-2012
tfs star

who spotted Karlie during calendar girls? She was there for a good 2 seconds in the background and for a second there I thought VS was gonna pull a big one on us and show her but then they cut straight to Barbara and I was like aww missed opportunity.

04-12-2012
trendsetter

The show is on YouTube... except Circus, SSS & the finale.

04-12-2012
backstage pass

How did they handle the Karlie controversial costume? did they skip it altogether and go from october to december girl?

04-12-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larek View Post
How did they handle the Karlie controversial costume? did they skip it altogether and go from october to december girl?
she was edited out except for a small bit while she was just walking out in the background. they showed Behati, then Bruno for a good length of time while he sang and then they went to Barbara.

04-12-2012
fashion insider

If anyone still believes the Native American Headdress was anything other than a carefully planned 'controversy' by both VS and Karlie's agents then sorry but that person is a damn fool

04-12-2012
V.I.P.

Editing was kind of annoying. Hated that Morticia Addams glow on their faces.

Loved:
Magdalena Frackowiak- highlight of the show, and should have gotten 3 looks. Her last posing was
Doutzen Kroes- So freakin beautiful
Jourdan Dunn- Specifically for the robot move

Jasmine Tookes, Hilary Rhoda, Toni Garrn, and Erin Heatherton all looked extremely
sexy.

Dislikes:

Lily Aldridge- It was as if they want us to know how bad her walk is
Dorothea B.J- she was out of place
Barbara Palvin- what was she doing in calender girls?
Cara- so happy she had barely any camera time on the runway
Jessica Hart- ... just no

04-12-2012
V.I.P.

^^ Please lets not rehash that.

Overall I enjoyed the show but I do agree the editing was crazy. So many cuts and odd angles, we barely got to see the ladies walk. ^ I agree with your choices. Magda, Doutzen, Jasmine were clear stand outs. I love Jourdan's robot dance!

They totally snubbed Cara!

Bruno did amazing, his performance was great and he let the girls do their thing. I liked Rihanna's Diamonds but what was with her second performance? It did not fit the segment and she kept trying to steal the show..her catwalk was horrible. Justin's solo was painful. His other performance was alright. They showed to much of him, in my opinion
And I do hope One Direction is in the show next year...

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 04-12-2012 at 11:49 PM.

04-12-2012
tfs star

LOVED Jourdan's move. Was kind of wary when I first saw the pics, but it played very well on television, and definitely made her stand out from the crowd.

05-12-2012
scenester

Jourdan's move was so frekkin cute lol Overall the show was boring to me. It just won't be the same since Tyra and Giselle are gone. All the new girls have no personality no extra sass in their walk. It's just...boring. Am I the only one who thinks this?

05-12-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkParadise View Post
Jourdan's move was so frekkin cute lol Overall the show was boring to me. It just won't be the same since Tyra and Giselle are gone. All the new girls have no personality no extra sass in their walk. It's just...boring. Am I the only one who thinks this?
No
I think we will always compare every VS to come to 2005, the perfect year

05-12-2012
V.I.P.

05-12-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larek View Post
I think we will always compare every VS to come to 2005, the perfect year
Yes, I weep for the perfection of that year LOL.

I also have to say I agree with everyone else about the editing. It was way choppy, and even during the rare moments when the models were on stage w/o a performer, we didn't get to see any of them really walk.

It's like VS is going out of their way to eliminate all the actual 'runway' elements from the show.

The complaints about Rihanna hogging the runway are valid, but that's why the VS peeps had her there. They wanted her there to be doing exactly what she did. If not, they'd have relegated her to a stage like they did with Bruno and even Beiber to an extent.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria