How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-12-2012
front row

Anyway, Intern22 you live in the NYC area right? I find that the tastes in this area is much much different than the rest of the country including LA and Miami...and maybe even the rest of the world![/QUOTE]

I actually am in south florida at the moment in palm beach which is next door to miami and ive got nothing to lie about the guys i watched it with went crazy when candice would appear and they talked about how amazing karlies face was, which i agreed with. Its a face no amount of money could ever buy.

06-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Its a face no amount of money could ever buy.
Okay I believe your personal anecdote but whose face can be or has been bought by money?

07-12-2012
backstage pass

Other than bruno mars, the performer choices were terrible. Like, wow. Totally doesnt fit their show. Also there is a huge lack of chemistry between the performers and the models. Worst of all their shows. Even bruno mars has no chemistry with the models. And lily aldrin couldnt have been more obviously faking enjoying bieber or his music.

I said it before back then. They should have gotten rihanna like ~8 years ago when she first started and still fresh in the industry. They even used many of her music back then in the show dang it. Her music style at that time suited the show's vibe better and rihanna herself was a better fit back then before her whole transformation to whatever she is now - this 'tough' chick. Now its just off - both music and rihanna herself. She used to be 'bubbly' and innocent (which is what the show should ideally be portraying). Now she is dark and angry.

As for bieber? Totally unsuitable. Models are great at the runway but they are poor actresses. Their acting 'sexy' next to him seemed quite faked in general. They probably treated him more like a brother?

07-12-2012
backstage pass

*correcting my typo, Lily Aldridge. Just watched HIMYM lol.

07-12-2012
trendsetter

I don't care for Adriana but I loved the little bounce she did, honestly you can't blame her. The song was kind of jank for that segment, I feel like they could do better with organizing things where they're more cohesive.

Did anyone watch the pre-show? I haven't been back any pages, but I thought it was messy. Queues were all wrong and Monica seemed a little uncomfortable/nervous interviewing people. If this is what new girls have helping them prepare for press then it explains a lot.

07-12-2012
fashion icon

It's mix for me there was good and bad moment, I agreed I feel all the attention was at the performers instead of models. I like perfromers this year but 2 performances each was a bit too much and unnecessary. This show is all about " Models" in a giant event, it's not a concert.

07-12-2012
V.I.P.

I just watched the youtube version again.

Sui He in Silver Screens segment...
What is Frida G supposed to be in Calendar Girl? Easter?

07-12-2012
V.I.P.

OMG I just realized they edited Lily A's walk in Calendar Girls. You never see her below the thighs during the actual walk.

07-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post

She's supposed to be a maypole.

07-12-2012
trendsetter

Quote:

She was April, right? I'm guessing she was just spring with a kite.

07-12-2012
fashion insider

**Edited* Remoinv rsponse to deleted post.

Quote:
I don't care for Adriana but I loved the little bounce she did, honestly you can't blame her. The song was kind of jank for that segment, I feel like they could do better with organizing things where they're more cohesive.
Sometimes Adriana can be too much but I thought she looked cute doing the bounce in front of Rihanna, it went well with the song. The one I found cringe worthy was Behati, what was she doing with her hand stetched out towards Rihanna? She is too goody goody, somehow her smiles don't seem genuine to me. She also got Lais' opening outfit for Dangerous Liaisons, the fact that she is dating Adam this year makes the whole 'Lais's accident' incindent very dodgy

Last edited by BetteT; 08-12-2012 at 04:12 PM.

07-12-2012
front row

I doubt they would do that to Lais and have her fake the accident. She's one of the most used girls and the nonAngel closest to the Angel Status.

And I don't think she get's as much attention from Adam as Anne did. Was he even there to watch the show this year?

07-12-2012
fashion insider

^ I think Adam coming to the show this year to support Behati wouldn't be seen appropriate for his image although VS did benefit from their relationship hype. Also, VS comes up with all these dodgy controversies every year that I don't know what to believe

07-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:

You still have the YouTube link? I can't find it
Posted via Mobile Device

07-12-2012
fashion elite

Quote:

What happened with Sui He? I haven't watch the show yet. May i know where's the Youtube link if there's any? I wanna watch.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, fashion, post, posting, secret, victoria