How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-05-2011
rising star

i'm pretty mad, too. i never really noticed how absolutely STUNNING Molly is until the last few episodes and from then on, i was rooting for her. i think Britt looks beyond adorable with this new haircut, like a little pixie, but Molly got screwed over big time. jbwerkjsebruijeiuhre

19-05-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidda View Post
However, her walk. I know most girls are awful when they start up but hers was like a Barbie Karate-Chop walk. It was so bad, I was surprised none of the judges commented on her arm movements.
yeah idk what happened! I remember her being so much better in the very first runway they did... her walk in the finale was really sloppy but she's known for print whereas Brittani's forte is her walk and she fell and lost her composure while posing with Molly in front of the judges.

I just hope Molly gets signed regardless. She really deserved it and to be honest I haven't liked Brittani ever since her meltdown. Personality wise, neither girl has been like the past winners and while Molly was very debbie downer sometimes, Brittani was really annoying and juvenile in her commentary about the other girls and in her complete meltdown at panel.

19-05-2011
fashion insider

I'm glad Brittani won, I feel like she's more of a natural model than Molly is. I kind of knew she would because they showed her screw-up in the preview, and they wouldn't have lead us to believe that her runway screwed up her chances of winning if it was true.

I haven't even watched it yet so I'm going to watch it now, lol.

Last edited by TianSoFine; 19-05-2011 at 03:13 PM.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by get fashion View Post
Both deserves it, my fav was Molly, but Brit is very good too, she has something new, short hair but no masculine (like Saskia or Iris), more Liza charm, like it, something new, love to see Ann again, she is so beautiful, GREAT SEASON ANTM!
when I first saw it I immediately thought of Hanaa (who is also with IMG) because neither her nor Brit lose any of their softness w/ that cut...

Last edited by Mea Culpa; 19-05-2011 at 03:29 PM.

19-05-2011
backstage pass

On a personal level, I didn't like either of the two finalists because of their actions during the series. Brittani let Alexandria get to her and really did become a bit of a bully towards the end. Molly complained an awful lot and she also let another girl in the competition get under her skin. Both girls displayed some unattractive qualities although they both seemed nice by the end and perhaps got harsh edits.
Congratulations to Brittani! I much prefer when her hair was long although it's the short buzz-cut is nicer than the short page-boy style. Both girls have bright futures ahead of them.

19-05-2011
tfs star

i agree with whoever mentioned that the final episode was harshly edited. It was a dead give away who won before they even wrapped the cover girl shoot.

I guess with VI as the prize, Tyra wants a girl with a cinderella story in their pages. Ann had the nerd turned model back story. Brittani gets the trailerpark no money story. But hey, it's reality TV and they can't just choose anyone. They need to engage the audience.

I am curious to see how Brittani does with IMG and VI. Is she marketable enough for a decent career? So far Jane is really the only ANTM girl that has been doing anything successful in New York with Elle Mexico and SAKS look book just months after her cycle ended. I wonder who will become the Ann of this cycle and Jane of this cycle!

19-05-2011
backstage pass

man I was so disappointed when i was watching the finale, i freaking love Molly. She had more best photos than Brittany and Molly had a sob story too so I mean Tyra could have picked her. I wanted to kill someone, seriously. But I had the feeling all along that Britt was going to win. Tyra always picks the no-talent girl. Sorry I'm just ranting here

And jeez Tyra, if you like that short haircut so much than why don't you do that on yourself? Brittany looks better but Molly looks very weird.

I love Jane and Ann

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

whoever won will follow the fate of all ANTM
never mind, when will Tyra end this nonsense ?

it does not make successful models only drama queen reality stars
lol, do they still have that bald guy that Tyra says is a renowned photographer

and Tyra is getting her head too big just because its signing with IMG ?
I don't even know their faces let alone img I doubt would take these girls seriously, maybe Commercial Booking or victoria secret etc.

19-05-2011
tfs star

^Jane Randall, who didn't even win ANTM, signed with IMG, booked Elle Mexico, Saks, and a NY Times spread a mere 4 months after her cycle ended.

I think she's taken pretty seriously.

19-05-2011
trendsetter

Work, Jane!

But out of the 909023 girls of 16 cycles, only, like 4 of them were taken seriously by the real modeling world.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

^^
forgive me
from what season is she from ?

we'll have to wait if she books at least 1 blue chip show in the coming seasons
from Milan to Paris, well goodluck anyways to her . If she lasts for more than a year without fading to obscurity maybe there is hope but people should not credit ANTM since she did not won it then,

was she the same girl who got the Vogue Italia spread a few months ago that people talked about so much that had huge potantial ?
I didn't see her break out last fall season or in any b rated shows

Last edited by LiranYana; 19-05-2011 at 07:32 PM.

19-05-2011
trendsetter

She's from cycle 15.

She isn't the same girl you're talking about. That was Ann, the winner of Antm.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

You guys need to give these girls some time. Yeah Ann hasn't exactly set the fashion world on fire just yet, but it's only been a few months. Some girls take years before they're finally ready for Diors and Chanels. Look at Elite competition winners, they usually take at least a year before they really start going. I'm not saying Ann will absolutely be a star, but she still may very ell be. Rome wasn't built overnight.

Jane though has had a surprisingly great start. I only hope that she continues on that path and goes as far as she should.

20-05-2011
fashion elite

It was pretty obvious throughout the episode that Brit was going to win. But watching last panel was particularly painful. I think it was pretty clear to Molly part way through that she wasn't going to win, she was already tearing up before the to left so the judges could discuss.

20-05-2011
rising star

I would have preferred Molly to win, but I like Brittani as well. I am curious to see what happens to them, I think Molly would have rocked the Vogue Italia editorial.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1618, america, cycle, models