How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

Stills from Vogue Italia Video

vogue.it/en/vogue-black/tyra-banks/2011/12/lisa-d-amato-winner-antm-video

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

Stills from Vogue Italia Video
Director, Tommaso Cordile
Styling and Interview, Victoria Cerciello
Hair and Make Up, Nico

vogue.it/en/vogue-curvy/glam-and-curvy/2011/05/alexandra-underwood

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

More Alexandra...

A Wilhelmina Exclusive : Fashion's Night Out 2011

F/W 2011.12 Campaign of Fiorella Rubino

2011/12 Winter Backstage Shooting for Fiorella Rubino

flickr.com/photos/fiorellarubino/sets/72157628079447143/

2011/12 Fiorella Rubino Winter Collection Shooting

flickr.com/photos/fiorellarubino/sets/72157628080604221/

ASOS Curve Autumn Winter 2011

asos.com/Women/Women-Landing-Pages/20110829H-Pr-Lookbook/Cat/pgehtml.aspx?cid=14471

Her agencies are Wilhelmina and Models 1 (Excel Division)

08-01-2012
rising star

Alexandra is a beautiful girl. And I still can't believe Lisa is going to be in Vogue IT.

The problem with this cycle is they either misunderstood or ignored why most people watch the show. Yes, you and I and pretty much everyone who watches it knows that they are not actually picking a top model, just like people who watch The Bachelor know they're not watching true love bloom or the people who watch American Idol know that the winner could very well fade into post-season obscurity. But people watch because it's fun to pretend. People who aren't involved in fashion at all, or who know nothing about it, can still watch at home and say "Hmm, I think ___ would make the best model." It may be the Emporer's New Clothes, but they get girls who are modelesque enough (as evidenced by the fact that there ARE some ANTM alumni who get some decent jobs) that we can suspend our disbelief. Just about everyone I know who watches it, from teenagers on up to my mom, is a fairweather lover of clothes and fashion and loves the photo shoots, the runway walking and getting to be armchair critics regarding who would be the best model. And the farther away the show drifts from the illusion of picking a top model, the less interested they are. This cycle was America's Next Top Brand, and really, who other than people in marketing wants to watch that? The average person, even though they know it exists, doesn't want to watch a show about it. The people who are still watching ANTM have been watching it as a modeling show for years now. They know the criteria to hold up to it from listening to six years of judges' comments. They can all see that Lisa is not an appropriate winner for a modeling show, and they just end up feeling a little ripped off.

The show shifted, I think, because it reflects Tyra's reality. Tyra hasn't been a model for a long time now. Now she's a brand. Because that fascinates her, I guess, it's supposed to fascinate us. Her transparency in marketing herself is annoying, and this cycle was like watching 13 episodes of it.

I know there are going to be people who argue this with me - especially fans of Lisa - and whatever. I'm not going to debate which girl is better for this or that or the other thing. This is just the way I see it.

Last edited by jericho; 08-01-2012 at 06:52 PM.

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

enough with the "lisa is not good enough for VI" already
i'm not saying this because i love lisa and think she is gorgeous
but because people put VI on some pedestal and i just don't get it

i'd be ok with it if it was, say Vogue Paris, cause they're very selective with their models, and it's mostly the same top girls from issue to issue and for a newcomer to get an ed in VP is a big accomplishment
but VI features unknown/ugly/tacky people on a monthly basis and for me there's no such thing as "not good enough for VI"

i mean, after kristina salinovic, eliza cumming [funny last name], pixie geldof, and countless ugly newcomers that a certain photographer likes to play with before they vanish off the face of the earth, people still like to think that VI is some sort of fashion bible that is unattainable for mortals? that's just sad

10-01-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by abul View Post
VI features unknown/ugly/tacky people on a monthly basis and for me there's no such thing as "not good enough for VI"

i mean, after kristina salinovic, eliza cumming [funny last name], pixie geldof, and countless ugly newcomers that a certain photographer likes to play with before they vanish off the face of the earth, people still like to think that VI is some sort of fashion bible that is unattainable for mortals? that's just sad

AMEN!

10-01-2012
V.I.P.

Kristina Salinovic was featured in Vogue Paris TWICE, having the main ed in one of the issues(among other prestigeous fashion jobs she's done).

Anyhow... does anyone know anything about Allison? Is she signed?

10-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Kristina Salinovic was featured in Vogue Paris TWICE, having the main ed in one of the issues(among other prestigeous fashion jobs she's done).
it doesn't mean that she's not ugly though

11-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |PerfectTonight| View Post
Anyhow... does anyone know anything about Allison? Is she signed?
Based on her interviews, I was under the impressions that Allison is not that into modeling. I don't think she'll sign with an agency, but take the occasional job from time to time.

Quote:
Not only can we not wait to see what is next for Miss Kahng, we also secretly want to enjoy one of her infamous home-cooked meals, which just so happens to be her favorite way to unwind after a crazy day in the studio. Anyways, we hope you're holding on to your horses when you flip through the slideshow.

We tapped one of our favorite America's Next Top Model veterans, Allison Harvard, to hang out and try on some of Gemma's latest collection and strike a (casual) pose in the studio.
stylecaster.com/fashion/18248/exclusive-meet-gemma-kahng-fashions-latest-comeback-kid#155129

11-01-2012
V.I.P.

Natalie Pack (Allison's cycle) was crowned Miss California 2012.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1196994.html

12-01-2012
V.I.P.

Photographer: Jennie Bregande Studios
Style: Victor Gonzalez
Hair: Ariel Jara
Makeup: Imane Fiocchi
Model: Rachel Echelberger

facebook.com/Jennie.Bregande.Photography

13-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Natalie Pack (Allison's cycle) was crowned Miss California 2012.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1196994.html

I don't remember her at all.... when did she get off the show?

Edit: i just looked her up from my laptop... I remember her! She was a brunette, she was very beautiful tho a bit snobby, right? Wow, congrats to her

Last edited by TheVeed; 13-01-2012 at 12:16 AM.

13-01-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I remember Natalie Now, shes the one that was scripted to be the rich spoilt kid. She was a beauty though and her more recent work does actually look pretty nice she would look awesome in VS

http://antm411.wordpress.com/natalie-pack/

19-01-2012
tfs star

Angelea is on MTV right now. Her body is looking outrageous!

20-01-2012
fashion insider

When is the new season starting? Will it be normal cycle again?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1618, america, cycle, models