How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-05-2011
V.I.P.

Molly shouldnt have won regardless of ow good her print work was...her attitude sucked
what designer, stylist, or photographer is going to want t work with her now

Brittani's walk was so Kinga, and im glad she won. Her print work and walked balance each other out so she deserved the win.

21-05-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
Molly shouldnt have won regardless of ow good her print work was...her attitude sucked
what designer, stylist, or photographer is going to want t work with her now
Bc Brittani's attitude was much better?
What designer, stylist, or photographer is going to want to work with a model who yells at other models on set, or breaks out into an emotional fit, and cries every time she gets negative critisism?

Last edited by JesseDillon; 21-05-2011 at 11:33 AM.

21-05-2011
V.I.P.

^I'm just saying that her attitude the last episode really was sh**
especially in front of a major stylist

21-05-2011
V.I.P.

Brittani's attitude was alot better towards the end of the show. Molly was still whiney and cranky; talking about how pissed she'd be if she didn't win. Despite all the problems going on in her personal life Brittani excelled in the competition imo.

21-05-2011
front row

More like Brittani knew how to milk her sob story to Tyra.
Brittani had this cycle won the second her mom didnt show up to the finale.

21-05-2011
front row

I'm glad Brittani won, Molly's attitude was always a big turn-off for me, regardless of the amazing pictures she took. But DANG why'd they have to go and destroy her hair?! It made me gag a bit, it makes her look like a 11 year old boy. I felt really bad for her....
But all throughout the finale, I kept thinking, "I swear, if I hear Brittany talk about how she lives in a trailer one more time, i'm gonna put an axe thru the TV..." It was getting REALLYY old

21-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseDillon View Post
What designer, stylist, or photographer is going to want to work with a model who yells at other models on set, or breaks out into an emotional fit, and cries every time she gets negative critisism?
Brittani from Cycle 8 was shown having a full-on meltdown directly in front of an agency. She was signed to agencies in New York and Milan for no small period of time. I think both Molly and Brittani (from this cycle) will be fine.

I've said it before, but I was definitely more of a Molly fan. She looks way better in print. However, I will concede that Brittani has a fabulous runway walk.

21-05-2011
V.I.P.

Brittani's walk reminded me a lot of Kinga's

22-05-2011
V.I.P.

I think that TPTB knew that they wanted Brittany to win and that her haircut (probably advice from IMG) was them giving her a proper model haircut. Molly getting her hair cut was collateral damages.

22-05-2011
V.I.P.

From Ann Ward's thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
It is hilarious how the ANTM stigma gets invoked or there is dislike of models being associated with the show when, if it wasn't for the show, many of these girls would still be stuck in their hometowns. Ann is a decent model and I am not ready to deem her a failure, but to me she was chosen because her interesting look fit Italian Vogue and not because her performance proved that she was top model material, there were too many things on the top model checklist that she has not mastered. She entered the competition as a tall interesting looking girl who took good pictures and when she was crowned the winner, she was a tall interesting looking girl who took good pictures and that's it, she was still lacking considerably when it came to her walk, presence and showing personality. Perhaps with development she will get there, but that same logic applies to several other girls in her cycle. Tyra picked a winner that Franca Sozzani would like but the thing about it is that as prestigious as Italian Vogue is, it does not have all that notable of a track record when it comes to discovering modeling talent, that does not mean that it can't happen but Italian Vogue is not a taste maker when it comes to new models.
----

Quote:
She entered the competition as a tall interesting looking girl who took good pictures and when she was crowned the winner, she was a tall interesting looking girl who took good pictures and that's it, she was still lacking considerably when it came to her walk, presence and showing personality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen1 View Post
That is what's wrong in ANTM. They claim to make you a "Next Top Model" yet they don't harness your full potential, they don't teach a model how to be a Next Top Model(except for Ms. Jays Runway Coaching, but even that doesn't help. & Tyra's smizing w/c is the only thing that has came out of her mouth that helped.) You enter the competition and they expect you to know all the things on the Top Model checklist. Look at Ann's runway walk nowadays, it's improved not because of ANTM.

Quote:
Italian Vogue is not a taste maker when it comes to new models.
I have to agree with you on this one. I always perceived VI as a highlight of a model's career, a zenith of any model's achievement but never as a career-maker & new face discoverer. But the exposure will certainly help.
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
I totallllly agree with this. I do tend to wonder what happens behind the camera and what doesn't make the final cut. Apparently last cycle Karolina Kurkova taught the girls about nutrition and answered questions for hours but the only thing that was shown on the episode was her making a smoothie.

Even the first cycle of ANTM was pretty rough when it came to teaching the girls. I don't remember any sort of advice before a shoot or anything like that. I would LOVE for ANTM to show the girls learning and practicing and working with Miss and Mr. J and other top models. Wouldn't it be awesome if they brought Karlie or Jourdan or some other fresh young model to work with the girls on a shoot as their mentors! Or they could bring in a super like KK again or even Gisele! But this is a reality show and I am sure Tyra thinks her viewers want to watch the girls fight on set rather than learn the ropes.
Actually during the first season of ANTM Tyra was on the set for many of the shoots and she actively directed the models and then during the second season was when Jay Manuel was brought in, Tyra was intermittently involved including being on set for some shoots. I agree that ANTM has always thrown models into situations cold but if you took a whole season in totality, in the earlier seasons you see teachable moments beyond off handed comments made at judging or soundbites made before a challenge.

22-05-2011
V.I.P.

Photographer: Mat Wulff
Makeup Artist: Eloy Guerra
Wardrobe Stylist: Grizelda Garza
Hair Stylist: Tina from House of Styles
Set Assistant: Erin Covarrubia
Model: Hannah Jones

facebook.com/EloyGuerraMUA (credit to roparopa @ RTV Games)

22-05-2011
V.I.P.

Photographer: K E S L E R
Makeup Artist: Pretty Public
Clothing: Dena Burton Collection

modelmayhem.com/119834

22-05-2011
front row

@agee: You pretty much hit the nail on the head with Ann.
I agree 100%

23-05-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseDillon View Post
Molly and Brittani were both brats and neither one of them are the second coming. Brittani is like a child who's cries every time they don't get their way. IMO Brittani is a bland girl with an edgy haircut. I think she will at best book mid-tier NY catalogues work. Molly's body issues will hinder her more in the fashion world than her attitude will.

I also agree with agee's assessment about Ann.

23-05-2011
V.I.P.

Tyra Says No More 'Normal' Cycles of 'Top Model': What Does She Mean?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1618, america, cycle, models