How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-05-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
i miss cycle 15, its odd how quickly they gave up the 'high fashion' theme
I agree with this. The all star cycle is where it started to lose me.

24-05-2012
rising star

I really liked the Cover Girl shots for the first time in 18 cycles. Especially Sophie looked so cute and fresh and that pink hair..!

25-05-2012
Mr. Magic

Quote:
NEW GIG: WWD has learned Bryan Grey Yambao — aka Bryanboy — will join the cast of the CBS reality television show “America’s Next Top Model” for the 19th season, which is about to commence filming in Los Angeles. Following weeks of speculation that the Filipino blogging star may be a replacement for one of host Tyra Banks’ three recently dumped longtime co-stars J. Alexander, Jay Manuel and Nigel Barker, sources close to Grey Yambao confirmed he has signed a contract and at press time was en route to L.A. with a one-way air ticket. Grey Yambao will join new cast members model Rob Evans and celebrity stylist Johnny Wujek, who have already been announced as permanent third judge and creative consultant, respectively, and publicist Kelly Cutrone, who is rejoining the show as a judge for a second season. Although neither CBS nor Grey Yambao are yet to confirm his involvement, Grey Yambao has been Tweeting mini updates on the progress of his mystery plans to decamp to L.A., including a photograph published on Thursday of his new apartment.
wwd.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

25-05-2012
tfs star

oh nooooo seriously bryanboy??? could this be worse?

25-05-2012
tfs star

i'm sorry, but bryanboy lacks any sense of creativity or knowledge of the business. as far as i'm concerned, he's just some crazy fashion fan who likes to name-drop designers, editors, blah blah blah. i see him offering NO insight.

rob seems legit, but i think a wiser choice would have been to use a working female top model that knows the business (someone like coco rocha, who was an awesome guest judge, someone who legitimatelly cares about the business and is smart and knowledgeable and can really mentor the girls). i have no idea who johnny wujek is.

so sad, especially just when the show starts to show any sense of credibility (i mean, the vogue italia spreads and the recognition by andre leon talley were the icing on the cake!).

Last edited by happytrail; 25-05-2012 at 04:38 PM.

25-05-2012
backstage pass

^i totally agree. it would be better to hire people who really know what they're talking about. like the ones in scouted. i can only imagine if julia samersova were in the panel. heavens. one model, one scout, one casting director, and a guest judge every week would suffice. with all due respect to bryanboy though, he is an interesting character and his flamboyance is something to look forward to. still, he is more into the clothes rather than the hangers. we'll see.

25-05-2012
backstage pass

From the photos I like Laura, Maria, Lauren, Tori, and Kristin the most

27-05-2012
tfs star

there was a marathon on this current season's top model, so i've finally been able to catch up. i hate to say this, but overall i enjoyed this season. granted, some of tyra's ideas were utter ridiculousness as always (like the intoxibella nicknames and the whole booty tooch schtick), it's been surprisingly enjoyable.

the final 4 british girls (catherine, alisha, annaliese, sophie) definitely won me over with their music video. it was cheesy, but the four of them worked so well together and they all looked so good. with the exception of azmarie, i thought they did better than the american girls in photo shoots and i was rooting for the final 4 british girls all the way.

sophie has definitely been my favorite, mainly due to her strong commitment, generally positive and fun attitude, and the fact that she can model quite well. laura is ok, however she kinda reminds me of crazy lisa and crazy jael (from season 8). i would be really disappointed and i would feel cheated if sophie didn't win (because i invested one saturday afternoon watching the damn marathon )

Last edited by happytrail; 27-05-2012 at 12:19 AM.

27-05-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i think Bryanboy is mainly a ratings decision

27-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytrail View Post
there was a marathon on this current season's top model, so i've finally been able to catch up. i hate to say this, but overall i enjoyed this season. granted, some of tyra's ideas were utter ridiculousness as always (like the intoxibella nicknames and the whole booty tooch schtick), it's been surprisingly enjoyable.

the final 4 british girls (catherine, alisha, annaliese, sophie) definitely won me over with their music video. it was cheesy, but the four of them worked so well together and they all looked so good. with the exception of azmarie, i thought they did better than the american girls in photo shoots and i was rooting for the final 4 british girls all the way.

sophie has definitely been my favorite, mainly due to her strong commitment, generally positive and fun attitude, and the fact that she can model quite well. laura is ok, however she kinda reminds me of crazy lisa and crazy jael (from season 8). i would be really disappointed and i would feel cheated if sophie didn't win (because i invested one saturday afternoon watching the damn marathon )
I agree. This season has been more entertaining than the All Stars cycle which is surprising because I didn't expect much from this one at all. I'm rooting for Sophie as well. If Laura won she will be the worst winner in the history of the show. I just hate her cocky attitude.

27-05-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Stylin View Post
i think Bryanboy is mainly a ratings decision
The mainstream public that ANTM needs for ratings has no idea who Bryanboy is. Only blog-happy fashionistas would know him. He is not some household name that would bring in ratings.

28-05-2012
trendsetter

First photoshoot for Cycle 19 Voting- its closed now but you can vote for the second shoot at 11 AM today PT

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/antmvoting

The second shoot is supposed to be up in a few hours.

28-05-2012
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1618, america, cycle, models