How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-05-2011
tfs star

Oh Tyra. Cycle 5 was the last "normal" cycle lol.

I agree with the author that Tyra will probably stretch ANTM out different things. I can see another shorties cycle. Maybe a full sized cycle. An All asian cycle would probably stir up controversy but I would watch it.

Sign me up for the all male cycle lolz

23-05-2011
trendsetter

^All Girls with Color!

23-05-2011
fashion icon

She should have a co-ed show with male and female models. Then there would be inevitable drama when they hook up, fight over each other, cheat on their significant others back home...etc.

23-05-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen1 View Post
^All Girls with Color!
Of course, but with Kendall coming back to compete in a box a la Shangela

Loladonna: I think Bravo! can take credit of that with "Make me a Supermodel"

24-05-2011
rising star

Tyra's all about 'underpriviledged' people...so I guess there'll be an all homeless circle, an all mtf/transgender circle, an all single mothers circle, an all people with disabilities circle...the list goes on! But wait! That wouldn't be any different as ANTM has always had at least a handful of girls with sob stories some of which never resembled any sort of 'model' at all IMO....(I'm still wondering how Kayla made it on show about models). Anyway, most of these show's cycles have only been about 'entertainment' and not about modeling so I suppose Tyra will go all out on the entertainment factor. I guess we'll be seein the 'models' trying to do Amazing Race or Fear Factor like challenges while trying to take a good picture next...IMO they should just let this show die a past-due natural death...

24-05-2011
V.I.P.

ANTM + Amazing Race = NYC,London,Paris,Milan fashion weeks... Fear Factor = eating/ordering in foreign countries... probably more realistic preparation than most of the usual 'challenges'... LOL

Seriously though I smell an all "fiercely real" cycle... or a disabled cycle ala Britain's Missing Top Model...

24-05-2011
V.I.P.

Ew, at the some of these possible 'themed' seasons. If that doesn't get me off this show, nothing will, lol.

25-05-2011
fashion insider

I'm loving ANTM+The Amazing Race, cos it's real models life!!!

25-05-2011
front row

I know I'm just a HF snob and classy doesn't always (ever?) equal ratings, but I am really bummed. I liked the idea of ANTM becoming semi legit and continuing to up the ante in terms of quality; in girls, photoshoots, prizes, etc.

I wouldn't mind a revamp of sorts, the 16 girls in a house getting eliminated one by one is kind of a stale formula, but I hate gimmicks and unless it is really amazing Tv, I might stop being such a fan. Except I will probably still watch every week and b*tch about it here, who am I kidding. Can't win.

25-05-2011
tfs star

^agreed sidda.

I will probably keep watching regardless of all the crazy crap they are about to do. I would probably watch an same race cycle, I would definitely watch an all male cycle. I can watch a shorties cycle again as well as a plus size. But lord help me, the minute I see some disabled girl hopping down a runway with one leg for the disabled cycle, I will li'trally throw my tv off my balcony thus resulting in the end of my ANTM addiction.

25-05-2011
backstage pass

i was really into Molly, I mean I loved the girl so I'm still upset that she lost but I hope she gets a modelling career

As for the non-normal cycles...what the heck? I like the normal cycles and ANTM is so much better with the high fashion prizes. \

25-05-2011
front row

Lol, omg Zann, that is so mean but Ia. Would there be height requirements for models in wheelchairs? Long torsos? These are things I don't want to think about.

The more I think about it, the more an ANTM/Amazing Race type of show appeals to me. Maybe starting off in 5 teams of 4 and going from there. Lots of traveling and being perma-jetlagged and travel gross and then modeling on a balance beam..yeah, I would enjoy that.

25-05-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mea Culpa View Post
Seriously though I smell an all "fiercely real" cycle... or a disabled cycle ala Britain's Missing Top Model...
how about ANTM the Survivor version?
All fiercely real mod-wanna-bes without food for 39 days

25-05-2011
fashion icon

How about America's Next Top Green Card holder! Where girls from all over the world, including fiercely real refugees compete to lose their illegal alien status. The winner will receive a 1 page spread in the back of an american passport (shot by world renowned photographer Nigel barker), an american passport, a fine of deportation if the models try to go on welfare and a 1 year contract with Diary Queen. Natasha from cycle 7 will be back to mentor the girls. The challenges will include smizing when pledging allegiance, showing personality when being interviewed by immigration officials whilst trying to look editorial draped in an American flag.

Tyra will have to change up the ending a bit though:

"Two beautiful illegal aliens stand before, but I only have one passport sized photo in my hands, and this photo represents the girl who is still in the running to be America's Next Top Green card holder. I will only call one name and the girl I do not call must immediately return to your holding cell at customs, pack your bags and go home"....

Last edited by carmen_kass; 25-05-2011 at 08:02 PM.

25-05-2011
trendsetter

^OMG! That's rude Ms. Kass.

Anyway, I would like to have an Animal Cycle.

"..And the Prizes are: a cover and 5-page spread in National Geographic Magazine & a T.V. appearance at NatGeo Channel. etc"

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1618, america, cycle, models