How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-05-2011
fashion icon

Lol so far Tyra has only exploited American girls, it's time her blackmail and mind games went international!

(I'm only kidding btw)

Last edited by carmen_kass; 25-05-2011 at 08:10 PM.

25-05-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post

"Two beautiful illegal aliens stand before, but I only have one passport sized photo in my hands, and this photo represents the girl who is still in the running to be America's Next Top Green card holder. I will only call one name and the girl I do not call must immediately return to your holding cell at customs, pack your bags and go home"....
how many want to vote with me and say carmen_kass knows Tyra's elimination speech by heart!?

25-05-2011
front row

Oh we all are. The idea of a non-"normal" cycle is so vague and ridiculous for a model competition that no matter the category Tyra tries to throw at us it is most likely to end up so overly PC that it'll end up being whatever '-ist' there is, be it classist, racist, sexist, ableist, whateverist.

Hope for the best, Lol at the horrible ideas we have that could be the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
how many want to vote with me and say carmen_kass knows Tyra's elimination speech by heart!?
Yes, I could even hear Tyra's hushed, serious tone as I read it.

Last edited by sidda; 25-05-2011 at 08:47 PM.

26-05-2011
trendsetter

Brittani looks great

26-05-2011
front row

I'm sure tyra's people are skulking around to get some new ideas for the show keep them coming folks, the wackier the better

26-05-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
LoL i'm with you @Zann
@carmen_kass can i be ur ANTM watching buddy? We would have so much fun watching ANTM together!

27-05-2011
fashion icon

^You certainly can, I can't watch it alone anyway, I get too over-excited, that's why I watch it on my phone on the way home from school, that way I know I can't start yelling on the train. It will be nice to have someone to yell with.

27-05-2011
windowshopping

Two more shots of Kendal by Henry Lopez:

Source: Chanelle C. Smith Designs' Facebook

28-05-2011
windowshopping

Kendal is up on the Wilhelmina website, under the Image division in New York (not the same division as Krista, Nicole, etc.)
She is under the name "Shay" and her measurements include: Height:5'11, Bust:32, Waist:25, and Hips:33.

28-05-2011
windowshopping

Just saw a taio cruz video clip featuring ke$ha,,and one of the models is Sundai from shorties cycle..! #notreallyimportantthough...
Posted via Mobile Device

28-05-2011
V.I.P.

Kendal looks stunning. But lol @ her changing her name.

28-05-2011
V.I.P.

Freaking goddess, 6' and 33 hips! BAM!

28-05-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Kendall looks awesome not feeling the new name though

28-05-2011
fashion icon

Kendal represents the biggest problem I see with ANTM. The show doesn't take girls who have obvious potential and nurture them into becoming good models. They make the girls take photos then decide to eliminate them if their photos suck. What modeling agency would turn away someone like Kendal if she walked in with that face and those measurements? They would sign her and get her some coaching and test shots.

28-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style Savvy View Post
Kendal looks stunning. But lol @ her changing her name.
I am guessing the agency had her do that in order to distance her from the show. I bet Shay is her middle name.

Lauren Brie (C11), Leslie (C6), Brittanny (C8), and Katarzyna (C10) all did the same thing. Even Eugena (C7) was originally signed to PhotoGenics under a different name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
Kendal represents the biggest problem I see with ANTM. The show doesn't take girls who have obvious potential and nurture them into becoming good models. They make the girls take photos then decide to eliminate them if their photos suck. What modeling agency would turn away someone like Kendal if she walked in with that face and those measurements? They would sign her and get her some coaching and test shots.
As ags mentioned, during Cycle 1 Tyra was at every photoshoot giving (relevant) advice and showing the girls how to model and explaining what they were doing wrong. That's pretty much the only time that happened.

After Cycle 1, Tyra seemed to get caught up in the "Cinderella story" aspect of it and trying to make modeling accessible to everyone. It was less about the modeling and more about the drama. The ironic thing is that, IMHO, Cycle 1 was the best cycle because it had a balance of drama and modeling.

I don't have an issue with Tyra casting filler or dragging some contestants (Jade, Alexandria) along past their expiration date. However, it really would be nice if she kept the contestants that looked like models around longer. Neither Kendal (C15) nor Lauren Brie (C11) should have been let go so early.

The amazing thing is Tyra actually does have a good eye. Mollie (C6), Fatima (C10), Anya (C10), Lisa (C9) Katarzyna (C10), Kendal (C15), Jane (C15) and so on really have good looks. Why she could not select one of them as the winner, I will never know.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1618, america, cycle, models