How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by model_mom
We had Ali's pictures taken at a local photography studio and the photographer called us and ask us to come talk to him. He showed us the proofs and told us we needed to sent them in to an agency. He told her she was very photogenic and had the build and the height for modeling. Just for the hell of it we sent them to Ford Chicago. We didn't even know that you were suppose to send polaroids. Ford called us a week later and wanted to meet with us. We drove to Chicago and met with them and they signed her that day. She did some jobs for Ford Chicago that summer and had a few editorials come out. That Sept they sent her to Paris and the following January she had her first show season in NY.
Where is Ali from originally, if you don't mind me asking?

11-01-2006
V.I.P.

South of St. Louis Missouri....a 7 hour drive to Chicago which we made many times that first summer.

11-01-2006
V.I.P.

That was blessing in disguise on your daughter's part. Normally they won't accept ''professional" shots if she's just starting out. Polaroids would suffice. But that's great Ali got a job right away!

Quote:
We had Ali's pictures taken at a local photography studio and the photographer called us and ask us to come talk to him. He showed us the proofs and told us we needed to sent them in to an agency. He told her she was very photogenic and had the build and the height for modeling. Just for the hell of it we sent them to Ford Chicago. We didn't even know that you were suppose to send polaroids. Ford called us a week later and wanted to meet with us. We drove to Chicago and met with them and they signed her that day. She did some jobs for Ford Chicago that summer and had a few editorials come out. That Sept they sent her to Paris and the following January she had her first show season in NY.

13-01-2006
scenester

Originally Posted by it's happening
oh, if "Barbizon is bullshit" and all the schools are too, for that matter, then please explain why so many fricken models such as Gisele and the editor of that one fashion-industy mag (the name completely slips my mind) got discovered and/or greatly connected through those dreadful schools?! there have been many many models that have went the school path and had great luck getting paid and connected and elevated onwards to success through them.....most 'discovery' stories that are truthful actually involve the schools and people getting scouted at the schools.

Last edited by model_mom; 16-01-2006 at 10:21 AM.
13-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
What were you getting the photos done for anyway?

18-01-2006
scenester

why was my post edited, Mom?

18-01-2006
Day Dreaming

** This is a PUBLIC forum, members/and mods are NOT require to give out personal information. Please do NOT harress members into giving out information they may not feel comfortable giving out.

front row

yeah,I've been approached twice by agents here and once in London.yawn..not for me.I'c rather design the clothes and give models migranes hahahaha.

20-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AndoraStar*
** This is a PUBLIC forum, members/and mods are NOT require to give out personal information. Please do NOT harress members into giving out information they may not feel comfortable giving out.
what about my post met the qualifications for harrassment? another poster asked repeatedly for personal info way before i did, and he didn't get warned.
So where was i in the wrong?

20-01-2006
princely

If you have any problems please contact Andora Star. This thread isnt about what happeend to your post.

23-02-2006
front row

I was scouted twice in my hometown by local agencies, one time was funny because I was with my friend who is taller (5ft10) and skinnier than me and IMO prettier. I was also scouted once when I was in London by Models1 but I don't live anywhere near there and I'm sure they scout thousands of girls and are not interested in most anyway so couldn't be bothered with that.

24-02-2006
rising star

I was scouted by the girlfriend of some photographer - she worked for unique, so I started out with them , but left for Elite, who I'm with now...

front row

How Many of you were Scouted?
Just curious since it seems the models that are scouted end up being more well known.

15-04-2006
rising star

i've been scouted 3 times here and several times in London but i'm not interested in being a model.a designer YEAH but not a model.

18-07-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyLondon
And yeh the clothes show is the place to go if you wanna get scouted, i got scouted by models1 and Select there on a school trip but at the time i had no idea about it all so i was in a bit of a daze
Well, now I'm upset! I wandered around at the Clothes Show for hours and never got scouted!

Last edited by lacy99; 18-07-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scouted