How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-12-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggyLondon
Ive been scouted by Models1, Storm twice, Oxygen Models, Isis and Select 3 times. Atm im persuing Select but im pretty small, only 5ft 6 but they still seem interested, so who knows, maybe theres hope for the short model!
And yeh the clothes show is the place to go if you wanna get scouted, i got scouted by models1 and Select there on a school trip but at the time i had no idea about it all so i was in a bit of a daze
That's so cool! Haha I'm 5'6 as well and I always think "oh no, there's no hope for me" (even though my nickname should be skeletor...I am very thin).

I spend most of my time in DC at school and there are no scouts around (not that I would expect to be scouted if there were), but when I went shopping for a weekend in NYC last winter I was scouted...sort of. The scout was very nice and all and then she was like "so, how tall are you exactly?" because I had on heels...but with my pants you couldn't see how tall the heels were...and I was like "5'6" and she was like..."oh..."

Kind of embarassing. I'm sure she was a bit tired...I mean I would think most scouts would look at your feet before approaching you since height is such an issue. No?

10-12-2006
windowshopping

I got scouted skating in Union Square skating and got my first shoot for Teen Vogue the week after that

trendsetter

I was scouted by an agent, while I was spending my holiday in London, but when she realised, I'm from another country she hasn't interested any more, so finally she just wished me happy holiday.:p

11-12-2006
chaos reigns

I've been "scouted" a couple of times by this creepy old men in bars ... HAHAHAHA

No .. there were only two real agencies in here which tried to scout me ... and now I have a friend of mine working on one who's wearing me down ..

V.I.P.

^^Awww, darling, you know you'd be a perfect model!!!

12-12-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba
I was scouted by the girlfriend of some photographer - she worked for unique, so I started out with them , but left for Elite, who I'm with now...
oh Alba, great to read you again, do you get some work ?

12-12-2006
V.I.P.

Last year actually, in Pacific Place in Hong Kong. But my mom said 'no' as she was scared of scary rapists and such, since a girl in the newspapers thought she was getting "scouted" ended up getting kidnapped and then, ambused and raped...

Sorry to sadden the thread.

fashion elite

I was scouted on a vacation in NYC when my dad and I were browsing the street art vending booths in Soho. I live hundreds of miles away but most of all finishing high school is something that is imperative for me because I want a good future so I had to turn down the offer. I was also scouted on Myspace, too. Of all places...

23-12-2006
tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthie
I was also scouted on Myspace, too. Of all places...
that happened to me too

although they did have a website and everything i didnt believe a word of it

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/
23-12-2006
front row

My ex (loooooong story, very long - on and off for six years, very long story, haha) was scouted several times. But, he has kids, and didn't ever want to get into a life where they would live less than normally, so he never went after it.

I wish I had a picture of him & I together, he looked a bit like Gale Harold ("Brian" from Queer as Folk) with Ryan Phillippe's lips. Delicious.

23-12-2006
fashion elite

The woman that scouted me on Myspace is the same lady that scouted the Supreme Management model named Amber Milam, but I weaseled my way out of it anyways. I just don't think modeling is something I want to pursue.

23-12-2006
fashion elite

haha, Skirt, I absolutely love it when people use the word delicious! It's one of my favorite words.

23-12-2006
front row

I love it too.

02-01-2007
trendsetter

I was scouted once at Venice Beach, CA I so regret not showing up argh! she gave me this card that had the address and website to some modeling agency I dont even remember what it was cause it was like 4 years ago. She also gave me her number on the back. She said shes been watching me and I noticed it too i was thinking like "what is her problem!" before I even knew she was scouting me haha

I just didnt think I was good enough I had such a low self esteem back then. If only I took that chance I probably would have been in some magazine ads or something. Oh well...

02-01-2007
HOLLY ROGERS <3

I was scouted once when I was 12 in West Edmonton Mall. My parents wouldn't let me do it and stuff and then when I was 13 they found me again in a different mall. I was thinking I'd be allowed btu I wasn't and then they kept calling me asking if I could go in a model search that they were holding and I was allowed to do that becasue my parents thought that that would be the end of it but I won 3rd place so that is cool. That was Mode Models. I am now signed with them

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scouted