How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-01-2007
V.I.P.

i was scouted when i was 12, but i got scared and ran away. scouted again at 14. i'm not a model though, it definately wasn't for me...

02-01-2007
HOLLY ROGERS <3

aww!! hehe. I ALWAYS wanted to model and I was soo ecstatic when I was scouted!!!

03-01-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaroqueRockstar
i was scouted when i was 12, but i got scared and ran away. scouted again at 14. i'm not a model though, it definately wasn't for me...
lol.. you ran away .. literrally ?

it seems most of you were scouted in big towns ..

05-01-2007
rising star

When I was a kid, I used to act in plays put on by my father's theatre troupe. I was around nine when I was approached after a show I'd acted in by an agent who took my polaroids. I was very cute when my mouth was closed, but I suspect she took one look at my buckteeth and nixed me.

05-01-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarceaux15
When I was a kid, I used to act in plays put on by my father's theatre troupe. I was around nine when I was approached after a show I'd acted in by an agent who took my polaroids. I was very cute when my mouth was closed, but I suspect she took one look at my buckteeth and nixed me.

ther 's always something to do with teeths .. whereas ther 's hardly somthg to do with cuteness

26-01-2013
V.I.P.

I was scouted around a year ago when Ford still had a location in San Francisco, but the scout had only seen me from behind and thought I was just an extremely tall girl until I turned around and they heard me speak. Lol.

A few weeks ago I was with my friend downtown and a man approached us from Ford LA and asked if we both wanted to model. But my friend thought she didn't have a model body so she turned it down at the moment but still took his card, which I think she already lost, and after a few minutes of talking I realized LA is more commercial than HF and my androgyny wouldn't play as well in LA as it would in NYC/Paris. I took his card anyways though.

26-01-2013
windowshopping

I was scouted about 5 times when I was a preteen living in Israel but my parents would not let me attend because they did not like show business. I was tall for my age at the time. Basically at all times I was at the mall with my mother and father and just wondering around and the agents approached us, and said they worked for this and that channel/agency and that if I would like I can give them a call and they would hire me. Then they gave us a card. The agents looked lawyer-ish and were wearing black etc. It was in those major malls that are really fancy and expansive. Later on my mother talked to the people I think and we ended up not attending anything because the lady said there are so many children who want to do this that just waiting for an appointment to be seen by anyone takes hours. It's funny because I heard on israeli television that show business isn't well developed in Israel so it's very rare indeed that I was scouted and should have gone for sure!

12-02-2013
front row

Ive been scouted twice! The first time in florida at age 17 when I was leaving the mall with my girlfriend. The lady was very nice and wanted me to visit the agency (zodiac). I told her I would call her but I had no interest at all cause baseball season was starting. I lost the card soon after. The second time I was scouted at age 18 while walking in central park having a ciggarette. I took the card and the next day visited the agency. A few of the people in the agency were enthusiastic about me but some agents and bookers gave me cold looks immediately when they saw me. They ended up just taking Polaroids of me and said they will keep them on file. By the way im 6ft ***edited**** and both my parents are 5'6 ***edited*** Please do not discuss weight, per tFS Community Rules. My 16 year old brother who is 6'3 was scouted in Atlanta. And my 12 year old sister 5'9 was scouted while on a class trip to see the statue of liberty last month. im 20 now and interning at an agency
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by BetteT; 12-02-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Weight talk.
12-02-2013
V.I.P.

only by a creepy photographer in a mall, it was kinda fake and so tacky. he had a very tasteless, tacky website and calling card, i told him i wasn't interested, and he said that i need more self confidence, everybody wants to show themselves and stuff, it was ridiculous a serious agent would never approach me i guess

Last edited by coco vaughn; 12-02-2013 at 03:23 PM.
13-02-2013
front row

I got scouted a couple of months ago in the train in Hamburg by a booker from mega models. I went there & got polas/measurements but then they never called. Better than nothing, right?

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMMbitious View Post
I got scouted a couple of months ago in the train in Hamburg by a booker from mega models. I went there & got polas/measurements but then they never called. Better than nothing, right?
Did they even tell you they would be in touch? That's kind of a waste of your time, but still very cool you were noticed like that! And very much so better than nothing.

03-04-2013
V.I.P.

A friend of mine was scouted a couple of months ago in H&M and was signed to an agency here in San Francisco, and is now with Elite Paris!

04-04-2013
V.I.P.

^ Wow how exciting!

04-04-2013
trendsetter

^^ that is great!! Does she have a thread here?
Posted via Mobile Device

04-04-2013
windowshopping

I was scouted several times when I was younger and less developed. You notice them staring at you for a while, kind of like they're thinking they recognise you, then they awkwardly do the "Hello, have you modelled before?". It's more uncomfortable than anything... But flattering.

Last edited by jusska; 04-04-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scouted