How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallu View Post
^^ that is great!! Does she have a thread here?
Posted via Mobile Device
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f52...ld-177389.html

Indeed she does!

07-04-2013
V.I.P.

i was walking around downtown in my city while i was in college when i was scouted by the lou perlman modeling agency...(the nsync manager)...

and up until that point i had only modeled in hair shows (wella, redken etc) in my city, and while i had a model physique i certainly did not have the model height (i'm 5'5 in my stocking feet). so i knew it was a scam.

i took one look at the sheet the woman passed me and knew it was a scam. i ripped it up in front of her and told her to F off.

and now the nsync manager guy is doing 25 years of hard time in prison...

V.I.P.

I just got scouted like an hour ago when I was eating pizza with my sister. It felt pretty awkward and I wanted to bury my face into my lap and scream because I detest receiving compliments especially in front of people like my sister and in a public place...
He gave me his card, he's the president of Scout Models here in SF (Avery Tharp's mother agent etc), felt pretty silly and I just kind of laughed at myself and said "really?" I might email them back or give him a call but I would kind of rather be doing what he's doing.

12-06-2013
tfs star

I was scouted when I was 15 but nothing happened because I was going to high school in another town and my parents wouldn't let me miss school and travel back and forth.
Then I was scouted again at 19 but I decided to not pursue it with this particular modelling agency because they want you to take a course (which costs a lot of money) and even then it's not 100% they will have you in their agency.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
I just got scouted like an hour ago when I was eating pizza with my sister. It felt pretty awkward and I wanted to bury my face into my lap and scream because I detest receiving compliments especially in front of people like my sister and in a public place...
He gave me his card, he's the president of Scout Models here in SF (Avery Tharp's mother agent etc), felt pretty silly and I just kind of laughed at myself and said "really?" I might email them back or give him a call but I would kind of rather be doing what he's doing.
I'm going in to the agency next Wednesday, I called the agency and the president, Ryan, (the guy who scouted me) said "I remember you! You were the super tall, mysterious one. I'd love to have you in to the agency!" and he put me in his calendar. I'm going to be so nervous/embarrassed. I'm not really hoping for much, I won't even care if he shoos me away, but in the moment I'm probably just going to be cool about it (I hope). I'm making my friend come with me, and if he doesn't want to sign me maybe he'll want to sign her

22-11-2013
V.I.P.

^Good luck babe! Let us know when the polas and stats come in so we can start your thread

I was scouted when I was 14/15 while visiting my family in Curitiba (Isabeli F, Francisco L hometown). I was in an electronics store and this guy came up to me and said "Hi, have you ever considered being a model?", and i was like "... no", then he said "well if change your mind.." and gave some crappy card. I just assumed he was a pedophile or something

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
^Good luck babe! Let us know when the polas and stats come in so we can start your thread
Thanks! Oh god, I would be beyond embarrassed...I just don't want anyone from my school to find out about it. It would be really embarrassing to have people know I went to an agency and got rejected, but it would also be embarrassing to have people say "OMG You're a model!!!" but it wouldn't really be a big deal. If my digitals don't suck maybe I will create my own thread

Last edited by ad31214; 22-11-2013 at 12:29 PM.
22-11-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaars View Post
I'm going in to the agency next Wednesday, I called the agency and the president, Ryan, (the guy who scouted me) said "I remember you! You were the super tall, mysterious one. I'd love to have you in to the agency!" and he put me in his calendar. I'm going to be so nervous/embarrassed. I'm not really hoping for much, I won't even care if he shoos me away, but in the moment I'm probably just going to be cool about it (I hope). I'm making my friend come with me, and if he doesn't want to sign me maybe he'll want to sign her
Good luck teaars! Just go with it and see what happens. Life is a mystery but things will always turn out well. Just letting you know though, if you get signed, I'll be the one to start your thread!

V.I.P.

I'm a bit late but I got signed to the agency here and they are going to send my digitals to New York for feedback and hopefully representation! I'm very excited but a bit nervous and skeptical to say the least. Will keep you guys updated

My friend also got signed too! She wasn't expecting anything actually but she's 5'9" and slim and really exotic looking (she's half Iranian, half Norwegian) but they are trying to keep her working locally and are building up her book.

Last edited by ad31214; 16-12-2013 at 02:02 AM.
18-03-2014
windowshopping

I was scouted once here in Hawai'i(lol not much lucrative work here),twice when I was in New York and twice in London as well.But I really researched the industry afterwards and it sounded not so warm and friendly to me.Besides education was always my priority.I was actually booked to do a well known swimsuit calendar here but I dropped out at the last minute.I was a shy teenager and not about to do that ! I have modeled for a few photography students and that I love because of the warm collaboration,but the last thing I would want is to move to a city with so much pressure and not be in charge of my own career and future.

16-06-2014
fashion insider

Didn't know where to post this, but I didn't find a better thread.

The thing is that there's a boy in my gym who is absolutely stunning, he might be around 1,88 and has a perfect body. He is not too young, maybe 22 or so, but his face is just otherworldy. He has a lot of potential, and he's much more impressive than 90% of the models working atm. Sometimes I'd like to say him to give a try to modeling, as he could gain some extra money.

Where could he send his photos in case I'm brave enough to say this to him? Although I'm afraid I would sound too creepy and ridiculous, wouldn't I? By the way, he's Italian but he's living in Spain at the moment. Best male agencies in Spain and Italy?

16-06-2014
V.I.P.

In Barcelona Sight Management and View, these are the best ones, he can take a look at Traffic, Francina or UNO (this one is based in Madrid too).

16-06-2014
fashion insider

Thank you very much! Do you know if it's better to stick to just one agency or to send the pictures to all of them?

I might tell him this afternoon. Hope it's his chest day too so we can start talking.

16-06-2014
V.I.P.

You're welcome I guess it's better to keep all doors opened, more agencies, more chances to get into one.

Sight is looking for new faces at this moment: http://blog.sight-management.com/quieres-ser-modelo/

16-06-2014
fashion insider

Thank you again!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scouted