How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-04-2005
scenester

i was scouted about two years ago by wilhelmina, but turned it down because the guy seemed really shady and unreliable. another time this guy asked me to go to an open call for new faces management, but i had never heard of them and their card didnt seem very authentic.

10-04-2005
princely

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyofme
i was scouted about two years ago by wilhelmina, but turned it down because the guy seemed really shady and unreliable. another time this guy asked me to go to an open call for new faces management, but i had never heard of them and their card didnt seem very authentic.
according to models.com wilhelmina scouting agency(prob the one that scouted you) and wilhelmina models in nyc are completely different...

great image for wilhelmina nyc

10-04-2005
front row

I got scouted by a local agency recently, not sure what to do. Its awfully flattering though, whatever happens.

10-04-2005
windowshopping

I was scouted when I was 14 at my sister's end of year show. It was by M&P modelling agency, has anyone heard of them? the woman asked me if my mummy was around!

btw, this is my first post so hi everyone!

10-04-2005
scenester

Hi!
Yeah, M&P are reputable. If you ever watched the second series of Model Behaviour, the winner of that show (Camilla Priest) left Select for M&P. They are a good agency, but not quite in the same status league as Select or Storm. The website is here - http://www.mandpmodels.com/.
Best wishes and good luck!
Glittery.

10-04-2005
windowshopping

thanks for the link! the site looks really good but i don't know if modelling is for me. I'm quite shy most of the time so i don't think i'd be up to it. xx

10-04-2005
front row

I've been scouted by the same man from IMG twice, but it's probably just because I live a few blocks away from their offices.
There are also two modeling scouts that are always in the Manhattan Mall. They've asked myself & friends to model several times. I think it's a hoax though, so I always walk away quickly.

10-04-2005
windowshopping

I got scouted when I was 10, back when I lived in London. I did a bit of modeling... then I moved here, and I've been doing catwalk for local charity events and stuff, and got scouted a few months ago, but its nothing big

10-04-2005
backstage pass

I was scouted by select and LA models and finally storm.

Beauty is a form of genius - is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation.
10-04-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoeLady
I've been scouted by the same man from IMG twice, but it's probably just because I live a few blocks away from their offices.
There are also two modeling scouts that are always in the Manhattan Mall. They've asked myself & friends to model several times. I think it's a hoax though, so I always walk away quickly.
eeee you are so lucky you live by PAX!!!

17-05-2005
scenester

Rok and PlusBeauty (both in Miami)
and Brigitte Modles (Munich)

07-09-2005
front row

thats really cool tristan im from toronto too, do scouts belong to certain agencies? if so which one does your friend belong to?

07-09-2005
trendsetter

i was scouted at the clothes show last december by select this girl took my photographs (she said i was striking) and my shoe size (probably to see how tall i will get because i'm only 5'8) she took my number and said yeh if they like you we'll give you a call

never did -bitch

HAHAHA

14-09-2005
tfs star

Heh, when I was about 3 I was 'scouted' at a kids clothing shop. I was put in the launch of a clothing brand and had to walk down the runway. Apparently, everybody loved me.

Unfortunately, it's no longer considered model-worthy to be short and freckled.

-G.

10-10-2005
front row

I was scouted about a month ago while walking in the Navigli area of Milan. They called me a couple of weeks later and after some difficulties we found a time for a casting.

I, of course, forgot all about going to the casting, but wasnít even sure I wanted to anyway.

I havenít heard anything from them since, but I guess thatís no surprise after I kept them waiting. Havenít bothered giving them a call eitherÖ

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
scouted