How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-08-2013
fashion insider

^^ I agree, Duckie's photo was 0_o

Even Duckie was like 0_o at the photo.

I still believe that the only girl who could work internationally is Melissa. She looks as tall as Ashley, and even as tall as Shannon, yet they keep talking about Melissa's height.

31-08-2013
V.I.P.

Completely agree. Melissa looks as tall as some of the girls(minus Abbie) even though she's wearing flats most of the time while the rest are in heels.

I also may be the only one but I don't see the "it factor" with Shanali. Her face is alright but her body proportion(short legs, long torso) makes the clothes look not so good.

Duckie won't make it past the casting-episode.

Last edited by |PerfectTonight|; 31-08-2013 at 06:08 AM.
01-09-2013
front row

I thought Duckie would be going with that photo, don't get how the judges love it, lol.
Ashley really needs to stop whining and crying over everything. Her photo isn't the weakest, but she fails to look like a model in person and Alex obviously dislike her.
I think Shannon is the next to go? She has quite a lot of bad angles....... she's really one of the less photogenic girls there.

01-09-2013
front row

FOXTEL star Charlotte Dawson is quitting television because it's too nasty and negative.

Dawson, 47, is retreating to the quiet life as a real estate agent, where she won't be judged for her looks or age.

She told Herald Sun Confidential: ``I'm tired of the anxiety that comes with working in media, especially as a woman, because you're scrutinised daily, and abused about the way you look.

"I'm ageing and I'm accepting that. The graceful thing, the dignified thing, is to walk away.''

Dawson, most famous for her role as a judge on Australia's Next Top Model, was hospitalised after a widely publicised fight with Twitter trolls last year.

She has also battled depression.

"Mental illness is a very difficult to manage especially when you're in the public eye,'' she said. "That inspired me to do what I can, work really hard, and get out of the game altogether.''

She has taken a job at Regency Real Estate in Sydney _ with a focus on affordable housing and initiatives to combat homelessness.

"The pressure has lifted off my shoulders. It's given me great piece of mind,'' Dawson said.

"It's time to be respectful to myself.

"My goal is to have a sense of well-being and quality of life.''

Dawson will tidy up the few media commitments she has left.

She visited Ballarat last week for Foxtel's Country Music Channel.

"Then I'll morph into the new world,'' she said. "It's a clean break.''

She added: "It's been wonderful (to work in media). But a lot of my anxieties and upsets have been due to very public canings.

"I don't have children, I don't have a mother and a father, I don't have a family, I don't have a partner.

"I'm a sole provider.

"I have to put food in my mouth and a roof over my head so I'm walking away.''

Source: Herald Sun

01-09-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishirley View Post
"She told Herald Sun Confidential: ``I'm tired of the anxiety that comes with working in media, especially as a woman, because you're scrutinised daily, and abused about the way you look.

"I'm ageing and I'm accepting that. The graceful thing, the dignified thing, is to walk away.''

^ I cant with this woman. If these are truly her words she should definitely take more care of her mental stability. Period.

Furthermore this season must be the laziest of almost all franchises Ive dipped my toes in. Everybody is so vastly uninvested its horrific, the challenges are absurd, the pictures are completely random and the judges are total and utter clowns. I feel for the teenage girls whose dreams are crushed. What a letdown after Amanda, Alice and Montana.

Last edited by Vitamine W; 01-09-2013 at 12:48 PM.
03-09-2013
fashion insider

This blogger has the best recaps!

http://jo-joblogs.blogspot.com.au/

V.I.P.

^ oh i didnt get to see lasts night episode cos foxtel was not working SO sad

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamine W View Post
^ I cant with this woman. If these are truly her words she should definitely take more care of her mental stability. Period.

Furthermore this season must be the laziest of almost all franchises Ive dipped my toes in. Everybody is so vastly uninvested its horrific, the challenges are absurd, the pictures are completely random and the judges are total and utter clowns. I feel for the teenage girls whose dreams are crushed. What a letdown after Amanda, Alice and Montana.
This post is so accurate. I miss the days when Sarah used to come see the girls all the time and the challenges/photoshoots were amazing and relevant.

04-09-2013
front row

I just watched the latest ep, happy with the ending.
If anyone wants a link to watch the show, PM me

06-09-2013
V.I.P.

yeah, out of all the pictures from last week, only Shanali's image actually WORKED as a fashion shot. the judges fawned all over Abbie's shot, but that was meh at best.

i'm already hoping that the next season will be better again...

07-09-2013
scenester

Shanali's photo this week was stunning but I guess they needed a reason to put her in the bottom 2...

07-09-2013
V.I.P.

i love Shanali as a general rule, but it wasn't her best picture. in a shoot where they wanted strong shapes, she went for soft.

10-09-2013
fashion insider

This last episode 0_o

The challenge. The photoshoot.

0_o

Can't wait for this series to end.

Happy with who got eliminated. #bye

backstage pass

^ the challenges have been so irrelevant -.-

V.I.P.

I didnt get to watch the episode but im happy with who went home!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
australia, model