How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-04-2012
V.I.P.

^ Zippora Seven (as a short model..)
Julia Hafstrom
Natalia Chabanenko

15-04-2012
front row

Okay thanks. Natalia has done a fair amount of runways in her time. Any models whom have done print and no runways at all?

Last edited by Mariann; 15-04-2012 at 12:01 PM.
15-04-2012
V.I.P.

I think it's usually the models that don't have typical model measurements that only do runway in their first season and then switch to becoming sole print models.
There's the commercial models like Heidi Klum and more recently Kate Upton who never had to do runway/Fashion Week because they had things like Sports Illustrated and Victoria's Secret, which was exposure enough for them to become famous.
Then there's the shorties like Bambi, Ashley Smith, Charlotte Free and the socialites/famous people's daughters like Georgia May Jagger who get campaigns, covers and eds without walking shows.

My favorite editorial model at the moment is Kelly Mittendorf. Her print work is sensational but she's only walked very few runway shows because of her measurements and I can see her establishing herself as one of the strongest girls in prints without ever regularly walking a full show season again.

15-04-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
I think it's usually the models that don't have typical model measurements that only do runway in their first season and then switch to becoming sole print models.
There's the commercial models like Heidi Klum and more recently Kate Upton who never had to do runway/Fashion Week because they had things like Sports Illustrated and Victoria's Secret, which was exposure enough for them to become famous.
Then there's the shorties like Bambi, Ashley Smith, Charlotte Free and the socialites/famous people's daughters like Georgia May Jagger who get campaigns, covers and eds without walking shows.

My favorite editorial model at the moment is Kelly Mittendorf. Her print work is sensational but she's only walked very few runway shows because of her measurements and I can see her establishing herself as one of the strongest girls in prints without ever regularly walking a full show season again.
Kate Upton looks like a glamour model.
Kelly Mittendorf, I just searched her on Google. Okay so she's really young... maybe over the years she will end up on the runways. You talk about her measurements... is she short, is that what you mean?

15-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariann View Post
Can you ever get editorial models only who don't do runways. Emily Didanto I thought she was an editorial model before she took on runways, I wonder if Bambi Northwood Blyth is not stepping foot onto the runways any more since this year she's had editorial work but no runways.
If a model gets a contract early in her career like Emily Didonato or Arlenis Sosa, she does not go the runway route or scales back once she snags the contract. There are models who are don't have runway proportions like Ashley Smith, Lily Aldridge and Marloes Horst who do mostly print / editorial work.

Quote:
Any models who are just about the runways? Top models who have never been on the runways.
I would not say "just about the runways" but there are models who seem to do a lot of runway work like Hanne Gaby Odiele and Vlada in her heyday that goes beyond their prime seasons.

ETA:
I agree with what Psylocke said (I did not realize that there was a new page of responses). There are very few instances of model who solely does one thing, so in that respect your question is hard to address but it is about what they "mostly" do.

Last edited by agee; 15-04-2012 at 01:57 PM.
15-04-2012
front row

Okay great. Does not every model get a contract, what is this contract for any ways?

20-04-2012
girl with the most cake

Dovile Virsilaite, she rocks!

20-04-2012
backstage pass

that Argentinian girl who opened Givenchy looks great in editorials but not so much on the runway. Can't remember her name but her look seems to extreme on the runway.

20-04-2012
V.I.P.

sun feifei and du juan

21-04-2012
V.I.P.

also Darla Baker, Rosie Tupper and Zuzana Gregorova seems like they also doing only print.

07-05-2012
front row

Yamila Diaz, Kelly Brook and Irina Shayk are mostly editorial models for lingerie and swim wear, I don't think they have really done runways.

Ruth Crilly is a fashion editorial model, never seen her on the runways I don't think and I think she's very good at what she does.

Image source: Women agency in Milan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1160_57452.jpg (125.0 KB, 5 views)

07-05-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariann View Post
Okay great. Does not every model get a contract, what is this contract for any ways?
I believe agee and Psylocke ment any kind of contract a model can have if they are lucky enough, for example with Victoria`s Secret, cosmetic labels like Maybelline, Estee Lauder etc. Then they present the brand regularly, more than just a gig on on one campaign.

07-05-2012
front row

Thanks TommyGirl

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco vaughn View Post
also Darla Baker, Rosie Tupper and Zuzana Gregorova seems like they also doing only print.
And Regina Feoktistova.

07-05-2012
front row

Jamie Gunns!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
editorial, models