How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-05-2012
V.I.P.

Gisele is one of the best catwalkers. Picking one bad runway appearance isn't going to change that. Her shining moments far outweigh her bad moments, and I think that Dolce Gabbana appearance is her only bad walk.

06-05-2012
Some Like It Hot

Each to their own, but I consider her Givenchy walk awful aswell (and yes littearthquakes I could list more than one but I wont)... I think she's great editorially, there is numerous covers and campaigns such as LOVE and Roberto Cavalli which I consider some of my favorites, but I never got why she was considered a super model.

I think Karolina Kurkova however has a fantastic walk and she is a great example how she doesn't fit into one specific category, I have always loved her for Dior, especially Haute Couture Fall Winter 2004 among many other appearances.

06-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
But I never got why she was considered a super model.
First of all, because she combined perfectly high fashion with commercial jobs (from her many seasons of Dolce & Gabbana campaigns as well as Vogue covers to her Victoria's Secret contract) which is in itself a very difficult achievement for most models. But mostly, she is a supermodel, because she is the last model to really become famous outside the fashion industry. Even my 82-year old grandma who lives in a village knows who Gisele is. After so many years working, she still gets blue-chip campaigns and covers that only Kate could surpass her amount of work among the supermodels.

As for her Dolce & Gabbana appearance, it obviously wasn't her best, but the runway moments where she shines and commands the catwalk are far, far more.

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
Each to their own, but I consider her Givenchy walk awful aswell (and yes littearthquakes I could list more than one but I wont)... .
well listing 2 isn't exactly going to prove your point either.

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

Wait a minute which Givenchy walk is awful? her latest one? If that's the one in question, you really think this is an awful walk? It's not one of her fierce moments, but that's a solid good walk in my opinion. Far from what I could call "awful"

@8:32

07-05-2012
Some Like It Hot

^But you also need to understand people have different opinions, thats the fact of the matter.

07-05-2012
V.I.P.

But you did throw out your opinion, so I'm just responding to it. That's the fact of the matter also.

07-05-2012
fashion elite

TBH in that Givenchy show, Gisele did look a little heavy in her walking. Nothing compared to her opening at VS.
But let's be honest, to say she's one of the best catwalker in the industry, she should stand out in every show, and there are a lot of better walkers in the industry, than Gisele, maybe less kown faces, but better walkers for sure...

For example, i think Natalia Vodianova, Heather Marks, Kamila Filipcikova, Karmen Pedaru and Maricarla Boscono, made much more powerful walks than Gisele.

07-05-2012
backstage pass

it's less fierce, but it's still signature gisele walk. love it!!!

08-05-2012
V.I.P.

Heather is definitely underrated, one of the best walkers today.

MCB she overdoes it for me sometimes, to the point where I would consider it a bad walk just because of the over-the-top method she's using. But when she tones it down, I think she has a perfect signature, you can tell it's her coming from a distance.

16-06-2012
V.I.P.

Ferragamo's Cruise show was filled with horrible walkers from Maria Bradley to Valerija K. and that girl in the gown before Melissa T.

(the music is disabled here but you can here it if you go to their youtube page and watch there http://www.youtube.com/user/FerragamoOfficial)

on a plus Kinga, Maryna, Andreea, Edita, Melissa, and Karolina's walk and pose at the end were all good.

17-06-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by models_vlada View Post
TBH in that Givenchy show, Gisele did look a little heavy in her walking. Nothing compared to her opening at VS.
She was asked to walk like a boy (every model was); she explained it after the show.

17-06-2012
V.I.P.

If only every newcomer could walk like Carolina Thaler...
You can see her opening Just Cavalli, she has a wonderful walk for a newcomer.

05-07-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by models_vlada View Post
For example, i think Natalia Vodianova, Heather Marks, Kamila Filipcikova, Karmen Pedaru and Maricarla Boscono, made much more powerful walks than Gisele.
finally brought Kamila to this thread, I always enjoy her walk. though her shoulders are narrower than all others, her walk is spectacular.
I never try to say it because my friends don't get my point why I like her.

anyway, her best walk plus opening.

05-07-2012
V.I.P.

^I don't think it's her best

1:41

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, catwalkers, worst