How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
21-11-2012
  751
front row
 
vivi27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Gender: femme
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
When did I ever say that I HATE her? I just don't like her walk, I don't know how else to say it but I find it obnoxious and unattractive. That's all.
Now you say that you don't like her walk? While we all can see your post not long ago. Let me quote that for everyone

Quote:
I know there are some hopeless models who look like they don't want to be on the runway but still Karlie is no better. First of all, I don't like her look and then the way she acts on the runway and looks at the camera is so annoying! There are other parts of her career that makes her even more annoying
Umm, I thought you just said to me that you just don't like her walk.. Now I'm confused....

 
 
21-11-2012
  752
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi27 View Post
Now you say that you don't like her walk? While we all can see your post not long ago. Let me quote that for everyone



Umm, I thought you just said to me that you just don't like her walk.. Now I'm confused....
Isn't the way she acts on the runway part of her walk? OK I admit I don't like her for the way she or her agents further her career through rumors about relationships with celebrities too but I certainly do not 'hate' her. I would have to know her personally to do so.

 
21-11-2012
  753
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
That's subjective. I personally think she and her walk are both sexy. Hello, why else would VS work with her? :p
VS may find her sexy but I 'PERSONALLY' don't at all! Plus most people agree, you just have to see the comments on Victoria's Secret videos featuring Karlie especially the 'Victoria's Secret Holiday 2012' on youtube.


Last edited by Maximilian S; 21-11-2012 at 03:09 PM.
 
21-11-2012
  754
V.I.P.
 
LagerfeldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hollywood
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
VS may find her sexy but I 'PERSONALLY' don't at all! Plus most people agree, you just have to see the comments on Victoria's Secret videos featuring Karlie especially the 'Victoria's Secret Holiday 2012' on youtube.
You have to understand the demographic VS is appealing to. They're not going to be too fond of the model choices. While many of us in the high fashion field agree Karlie is fabulous, middle America, who I'm sure are the people that shop VS constantly, find Karlie and the more high fashion models gawky. Now, just because they do doesn't make it right/correct with their demeaning comments. And the comments on there, they're from the same idiots that constantly comment on all those fashionTV videos always bashing Karlie. Trust me, if I had a quarter for every time I saw the same individual bashing Karlie on all those Victoria's Secret/Fashion TV videos through the comments, I'd be a billionaire.

__________________
Forever and Ever: Snejana/Anabela/Natasha/Anja/Britt/Kasia/Sasha/Magdalena/Raquel/Hanne G./Freja/Mariacarla/Anna S./Tatiana/Katie F./Shu Pei/Erin W./Karlie/Bette/Constance/Elsa S.TUMBLR BLOG
 
21-11-2012
  755
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
You have to understand the demographic VS is appealing to. They're not going to be too fond of the model choices. While many of us in the high fashion field agree Karlie is fabulous, middle America, who I'm sure are the people that shop VS constantly, find Karlie and the more high fashion models gawky. Now, just because they do doesn't make it right/correct with their demeaning comments. And the comments on there, they're from the same idiots that constantly comment on all those fashionTV videos always bashing Karlie. Trust me, if I had a quarter for every time I saw the same individual bashing Karlie on all those Victoria's Secret/Fashion TV videos through the comments, I'd be a billionaire.
Please don't call other people idiots because they don't agree with you. If people find Karlie gawky then they are not automatically from middle America or are not in 'high fashion'. Judging by the comments on the Daily Mail articles featuring her, majority of people in the UK don't find her attractive too and just by the sheer number of people it is possible that they are right.

 
21-11-2012
  756
V.I.P.
 
LagerfeldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Hollywood
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
Please don't call other people idiots because they don't agree with you. If people find Karlie gawky then they are not automatically from middle America or are not in 'high fashion'. Judging by the comments on the Daily Mail articles featuring her, majority of people in the UK don't find her attractive too and just by the sheer number of people it is possible that they are right.
I only said "idiots" because most of the comments on the videos are just vile. They're either commenting negatively on her physical appearance. What's the point in that? Commenting on someone for how they look is just vile, imo.
Although the majority feel like that about Karlie (according to you), that doesn't validate whether it's true or not about Karlie. Like I said, it's all subjective. It's like, if everyone were to jump off a cliff, would you? No. Many may feel that way, but how many are actually in the industry that are commenting? Clearly, the industry loves her and her personality and that's all that matters.
Let's move on to another topic. This is obviously off topic.

__________________
Forever and Ever: Snejana/Anabela/Natasha/Anja/Britt/Kasia/Sasha/Magdalena/Raquel/Hanne G./Freja/Mariacarla/Anna S./Tatiana/Katie F./Shu Pei/Erin W./Karlie/Bette/Constance/Elsa S.TUMBLR BLOG
 
21-11-2012
  757
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
I only said "idiots" because most of the comments on the videos are just vile. They're either commenting negatively on her physical appearance. What's the point in that? Commenting on someone for how they look is just vile, imo.
Although the majority feel like that about Karlie (according to you), that doesn't validate whether it's true or not about Karlie. Like I said, it's all subjective. It's like, if everyone were to jump off a cliff, would you? No. Many may feel that way, but how many are actually in the industry that are commenting? Clearly, the industry loves her and her personality and that's all that matters.
Let's move on to another topic. This is obviously off topic.
Karlie is a model, modelling is about looks (no matter how much some people like to say otherwise), ofcourse people are going to comment about it and when she gets titles such as 'The Body' and gets to do VS. Actually, I think the 'everyone jumping off a cliff' theory is applicable in her case because most (according to you) fashion people love her as they know she opened Dior for many seasons among other work but the public does not, they are unbiased so one would much rather agree with them.

But yes let's move on to another topic. Here is Vlada, all fierce in red at Versace Fall 2009:
7:24


Last edited by Maximilian S; 21-11-2012 at 07:08 PM.
 
22-11-2012
  758
trendsetter
 
Greenway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,330
Vlada is one of those lucky women who has an effortless, fierce walk!

__________________
snejana
tumblr
 
22-11-2012
  759
V.I.P.
 
christian zh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: homme
Posts: 7,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
Worst: Karlie Kloss at Versace Spring 2009
(Actually at every show her walk was horrible then, it is obnoxious now IMO)
I think Karlie was at her best at this show (in a good way).
Those were the golden days of fashion...

 
22-11-2012
  760
V.I.P.
 
TREVOFASHIONISTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: N.Y.C.
Gender: homme
Posts: 14,140
Karlie's walk sucks imo, a lot of VS girls dont have good walks

__________________
Daria W.Maryna.Natasha.Sasha.Snejana
Malaika.Irene.Mijo.Cindy.Imaan
 
22-11-2012
  761
fashion elite
 
models_vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Backpacking Right Now
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,624
Karlie's walk just Sucks and that's true... I used to not to like her, but now i know she's really good on what it comes to print work, and now i enjoy a lot of work.

But let's not be biased, her walk is just awful... and i agree lots of VS models are not good walker, but good smilers.

And i wouldn't compare girls from 2004/2005 generation like Vlada, Snejana, Natasha, etc... or others... with the girls of this generation in terms of walk, because the first are so much much more better, and partly because they're working it in different walk trends.


Last edited by models_vlada; 22-11-2012 at 06:06 PM.
 
22-11-2012
  762
V.I.P.
 
Elfinkova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,791
I agree with the majority- Karlie does not have a great walk by all means. It has however improved throughout the years.

I do think that she's got great presence on the runway. While I'm not a big fan of Karlie I can't help but admire the drama she adds to the catwalk, something unseen in fashion shows (at least high fashion ones) since the 90s. I just couldn't help but smile when at Ralph Lauren S/S 13 she began to fan herself with the clutch she was carrying in true old-school supermodel fashion.


Last edited by Elfinkova; 22-11-2012 at 08:32 PM.
 
23-11-2012
  763
trendsetter
 
Greenway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,330
I still believe Karlie has a strong walk tbh.

__________________
snejana
tumblr
 
24-11-2012
  764
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinkova View Post
I agree with the majority- Karlie does not have a great walk by all means. It has however improved throughout the years.

I do think that she's got great presence on the runway. While I'm not a big fan of Karlie I can't help but admire the drama she adds to the catwalk, something unseen in fashion shows (at least high fashion ones) since the 90s. I just couldn't help but smile when at Ralph Lauren S/S 13 she began to fan herself with the clutch she was carrying in true old-school supermodel fashion.
Karlie was the only one who had that fan shaped clutch and she was instructed to do so but she always takes it too far IMO It was really cringe worthy to me.


Last edited by Maximilian S; 24-11-2012 at 07:27 AM.
 
24-11-2012
  765
front row
 
RobinLondon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
I still believe Karlie has a strong walk tbh.
She totally does.

__________________
Well Dunn
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, catwalkers, worst
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.