How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2013
V.I.P.

I agree, it went well with the music; I'm not a fan of bouncing arms but it worked for her.

06-03-2013
V.I.P.

Yeah Joanna actually has a pretty nice walk compared to Amanda who opened Prada.

Emely who was the girl after Grace Mahary has a really good walk as well, she has some sass in her step which I love.

07-03-2013
fashion insider

Best walk among the newcomers?

07-03-2013
V.I.P.

omg it's crazy how you could literally put snejana's face on her and it would almost be the same walk they have very similar hip movements; she wants to be snejana but in all seriousness she has a very good walk

07-03-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeFlower View Post
It's a rollercoaster with Cara's walk. From disaster to bad to kind of acceptable to worst.
I guess it doesn't matter
Posted via Mobile Device

08-03-2013
V.I.P.

this is an EPIC fashion show, in general. with tons of amazing walks with everyone from Daria to Linda to Isabeli. but --- in my opinion --- ain't NOBODY deliver the *WOW* like Karolina, who both opened and closed the show.

VERSACE S/S 2004

such a strong opening. wow, i miss these days.

awesome closing segment, starting with Daria and then KK with the epicness at 1:25-

fashion insider

^ I saw that about a month ago and I agree Karolina has one of the best walks ever! That turn at 1:50 in the second video

08-03-2013
V.I.P.

Linda wasn't bad, but compared to KK, it was a janky walk. And it seemed like that bag was weighing her down - she was kinda tilting to the one side.

08-03-2013
fashion insider

^ I was thinking that too but after KK even Gisele looked underwhelming at the 2001 VS show! She's just F-I-E-R-C-E!

08-03-2013
fashion insider

Okay I don't know about the best walker but I think KK has THE perfect walk, anyone agree?

08-03-2013
V.I.P.

Who's the fourth model? I think her walk was a little too exaggerated (well it's appropriate for VS) but what the heck is she doing with her tongue at the end??

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
Okay I don't know about the best walker but I think KK has THE perfect walk, anyone agree?
Totally agree her walk is flawless and so effortless.

Anyway I think that all models back then had better walks than the girls nowadays. :/

08-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangster View Post
Who's the fourth model? I think her walk was a little too exaggerated (well it's appropriate for VS) but what the heck is she doing with her tongue at the end??
that would be Rie Rasmussen. if you're not familiar with her, you should definitely check out her thread. her career was a bit of a "flash in the pan", but when she first came out, she EXPLODED. she was aaaallllll about the drama. so intense on both the runway and in editorials. really had an impact.

trendsetter

After watching both the Versace and VS show, it saddens me slightly. To think that all the drama, the energy and the spark that shows 10 years ago had has disappeared. I miss the dramatic pose at the end, the shifting of the weight for hip to hip, at the end of the runway for at least 3 seconds. That creates excitement and energy but now we have similar looking girls, one by one walking down, not even posing anymore just a quick turn around and that's that.
No wonder collections are getting boring and fashion in itself lately is becoming stale, they need to bring back the energy they once had.

As for KK, her walk is killer. She is serving body-ody-ody and sex appeal. I'm a sucker for bouncy walks, they just ooze sex. The bouncy big hair at Versace gives me life, it's just another element which adds that little bit extra. Fashion needs girls like Karolina, like Gisele etc, girls who know how to command your attention and they do it so effortlessly.

As for Adriana at VS I never knew she has worked for them for so long, it seems crazy but 11 years later she is still walking their shows.

08-03-2013
trendsetter

I don't know guys KK's walk looks similiar to Cara's who we jump all over. Her hand was swinging quite a bit and the extreme crossing of the feet and hips moving. IF you love KK, maybe we are being too hard on Cara.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, catwalkers, worst