How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-12-2006
backstage pass

^ Yeah, it's a nationality that's sometimes used as a race.

05-12-2006
V.I.P.

I was asking if she has half "Hispanic-Latina" and half European.

Excuse my ignorance.

Last edited by Gypsy_Doll; 05-12-2006 at 07:11 PM.
05-12-2006
backstage pass

^ No need for attitude >>;

She's probably just a Brazilian of German descent like Gisele.

05-12-2006
V.I.P.

Oh no, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything. I think I explained myself wrong. My bad for the typo or w/e.

05-12-2006
backstage pass

^ It was your smilie. It's rolling its eyes so it made you sound rude.

No harm done ^^!

12-12-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oolie coco

If this is true, none of these qualify as white, do they? She's Asian and Middle Eastern... but I don't think she's Caucasian?
Yea. I don't know if that's true about her heritage, but from other sites I've found that listed. If it is then She's Pacific Islander, European, and Middle-eastern. I can def see some Asian in her. The eyeshape and how far apart they are.

Last edited by Gypsy_Doll; 12-12-2006 at 10:25 AM.
21-12-2006
scenester

Loving this thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gia0202
i don't really consider hispanics mixed. i am hispanic. i am not mixed because i think that is a cultural experience adn a political status. besides basically all african-americans are part white.. it doesn't make them mixed, becasue that lack that cultural identity. otherwise we would list every single person on this site as mixed, cuz to some extent none of us are"pure"
Well I am Latina and I consider us to be very mixed for the most part. As someone who identifies herself as part Afro-Cuban it's important that people know that we can be Hispanic and Black as the former does not equal a race but a culture. There are many Hispanics in my family who are all African rooted but are Spanish speaking and culturally idenitfy with Latino culture. There are many Latinos in my family who are Caucasian (hailing from Spain) and only came into the family through marriage. Others are mestiza or mulatto (Native American and Spanish or Black and Spanish respectively).

A lot of darker skinned Latinos who you know are obviously mixed with Black will try to hide it. But as us Latinos negros come into our own history, we are starting to recognize that we are just as beautiful and just as Latino as any light skinned Latino and at the same time we are also proud of our Black/African ancestry and embrace it the way African-Americans have embraced.

I love to see models like Ana Beatriz (who has claimed African heritage), Adriana, and A. Taveres step up and represent as mixed women and having African heritage. It's an awesome thing to come from the days of Claudia Mason denying her heritage to someone as popular and lustworthy as Adriana proudly stating it.

21-12-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaLuv
Well I am Latina and I consider us to be very mixed for the most part. As someone who identifies herself as part Afro-Cuban it's important that people know that we can be Hispanic and Black as the former does not equal a race but a culture. There are many Hispanics in my family who are all African rooted but are Spanish speaking and culturally idenitfy with Latino culture. There are many Latinos in my family who are Caucasian (hailing from Spain) and only came into the family through marriage. Others are mestiza or mulatto (Native American and Spanish or Black and Spanish respectively).

A lot of darker skinned Latinos who you know are obviously mixed with Black will try to hide it. But as us Latinos negros come into our own history, we are starting to recognize that we are just as beautiful and just as Latino as any light skinned Latino and at the same time we are also proud of our Black/African ancestry and embrace it the way African-Americans have embraced.

I love to see models like Ana Beatriz (who has claimed African heritage), Adriana, and A. Taveres step up and represent as mixed women and having African heritage. It's an awesome thing to come from the days of Claudia Mason denying her heritage to someone as popular and lustworthy as Adriana proudly stating it.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

26-12-2006
V.I.P.

Speaking from a mixed background myself (Irish-American, Black, British-Barbadian) it depends on the person. I see no need to place me in a colour bracket. I look at myself as being West-Indian American because the West Indies is so diverse. I think we should put up the picture of a mixed model we like the ethnicity of the model and move on. If we want to discuss the whole race issue that should be a different thread. Does anyone agree with me?

17-07-2008
windowshopping

Hi people these are some mixed models I found:
Chloe Goodrum: African American/Russian
IMG Models NY

Sabina Karlsson: Swedish/ African
Why Not Models

Naomi Campbell: Chinese/Jamaican

Chanel Iman: African American/Korean

Camille Yi: American/ Korean

Darla Baker: Polish/ Native American

Amber Milam: Irish/Italian/Native American

Liliana Dominiguez: Spanish/Native American

Andi Muise: Canadian/ Native American

Picture source: Fashionmodeldirectory.com

17-07-2008
windowshopping

More Models...
Sessilee Lopez: Dominican/ Portuguese

Caroline Ribeiro: Portuguese/Amazonian Indian

Jenny Sweeney: Norwegian/Sioux Indian/Irish

Jamie Gunns: Indian/Jamaican

Selita Ebanks: Native American, Irish & African-American

Machiko Harris: Japanese/African-American/Native-American

All the pictures come from fashionmodeldirectory.com

18-07-2008
V.I.P.

Thanks for uplifting this thread. Most of the models posted above are some of my favorites. I almost forgot about Jamie Gunns--what a cutie.

front row

Joenip: Thanks for all the pics! All of those girls are stunning

18-07-2008
front row

Is she considered bi-racial?

facebook.comn

Last edited by FashionBoy86; 18-07-2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: no credit
18-07-2008
windowshopping

she probably is bi-racial...have you asked her what is her ethnic background?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
biracial or mixed, models